Killer camping ๐—›๐—ข๐—ข๐—ž-๐—ฃ๐—˜๐—ก๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—ง๐—ฌ || ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐„๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ: ๐‹๐š๐œ๐ค๐‹๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ

Options
Cixon
Cixon Member Posts: 133
edited February 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

With the disconnect penalty being a step in the right direction figured I'd pitch my idea to counter a common epidemic in dead by daylight and that's HOOK camping. As we know, many killers do this including myself time to time but I also like to cross play both survivor and killer and I find horrible for this to be allowed. Sure, killers that hook camp give the other players a lead in completing objectives but that's doesn't make it right as what do you think the killer will do to the other players once they've been hooked? right..

๐‹๐š๐œ๐ค๐‹๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ is a slow status effect that applies to killers who've occupied a hooked survivor within a 15 meter radius.

If a killers occupies a hooked survivor within a 15 meter radius a 1อŸ5 second penalty effect countdown starts. If the killer doesn't leave the radius within the time frame, they acquire the penalty status effect ๐‹๐š๐œ๐ค๐‹๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ.

This penalty status effect slows the killer's movement speed by -9% and lasts for 15 seconds once killer leaves the area or engages in a chase. Stacks up to a maximum of -45% every 10 seconds if within the hooked survivors radius.

15 meter radius reference using GTA V job creator:

Post edited by Cixon on
ยซ1

Comments

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Maybe can be a nice idea if tested. Also revolving big maps and gen rush and the game itself will be way better.

• Cixon
    Options

I agree to a certain degree. Big maps for killers are usually problematic depending on the killer but provide roughly the same amount of pallets but small maps seemingly provide more pallets but shorter gen distances...there definitely needs to be a map re-arrangement for distances of pallets and generators.

In the mean time I believe the game needs to start with fixing issues like HOOK camping and core game-play first before anything changes environmentally.

• Cixon
    Options

I wouldn't call it a nerf and only a small majority of players that depend on camping would be upset to the change. It's a re-balance to the game, not a nerf. The game doesn't promote camping and everyone knows it's wrong.

Most generators are outside a 15 meter radius of a hook regardless so killers can still 'proxy camp' if they choose to but they are taking a risk when a survivor is hooked.. You also have to consider bloodlust when engaging in chases which boosts your speed when in long chases and the penalty status effect lacklust only applies when a survivor is hooked.

On a survivors perspective, this would be a very good move on BHVR if added because it allows survivors to have more fun then to deal with toxic killers that depend on hook camping or targeting one's pip.

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319
    Options

Well as a survivor main whos only a survivor main because I like the game and killer sucks, ive never been camped like that. If youre camping youre face camping and tbh I barely see that outside the end of the game where yeah that's what youre supposed to do

Youre talking about proxy camping and #########, man you know what im going to do? Run around as close to the hook person as possible, double points if I have borrowed time which I probably will. Oh im sorry is that toxic and abusive just like camping? Well its a good thing dbd has so many toxic killers (Which is apparent from how apparently everyone not as luck as me is camped every game) and not a single toxic survivor.

Like I get where youre coming from but the solution to fixing "core" gameplay is looking at the survivor side, because lets be 110% clear if youre getting face camped its probably because the killer is mad. Maybe you were being toxic, maybe you were being optimal, maybe this game is just kind of bullshit but the point here is that while you may JUST want to get rid of this in game punishment your solution would just create another abusable machinic for the side that's already brain dead easy to win....unless you get face camped. Wild guess, maybe youre not getting face camped so much but when you lose its normally from face camping? Again coming from a survivor main I understand, I rarely lose unless its camping or tunneling, you know bullshit. Maybe that's actual problem

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

Making people upset can only go so far, then people will get over it like the whole Hex:Ruin situation. People can face camp all they want but that status effect is gonna add up pretty badly with -45% speed for 15 seconds allowing survivors to unhook their reliable teammate easily and get fair distance. This won't always work for killers like Leatherface, Hillbilly and Spirit but it will be a good change for the most part.

We have penalties for AFK survivors with the crows so this would be another added penalty but for hook camping killers.

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

That would only mean that the survivors 3 gen themselves which is good for the killer, actually. Allowing all survivors to munch up together then spread out. Also, one hook isnt gonna cover 3 gens in a 15 meter radius...that's impossible.

• VoodooChild
    Options

Oh yeah people def got over that lol, its not like a lot of people just said ######### playing killer. I had already said ######### high ranks but after I started getting matched with red SWF while im yellow AND theres no ruin, yeah not my idea of fun lol. But that right there tells me, you have a survivor bias. You only want this to spite killers. Im telling YOU that it would be a much smarter idea to at least come up with something that would work against camping. Your idea ONLY has value as being something exploitable to killers who aren't face camping. You can be anti killer and still fix problems

Its almost like you admitted that the idea is just to piss people off, how can you come up with any solution to camping and then be like "Well it wont work on leatherfaces" like yeah its not going to work on LF its not going to work on clown because someone is camping you they aren't moving that's the whole point lol

AND btw the crows for afk survivors are to benefit the other survivors, obviously if you have crows youre not hurting the killer lol. Ive never heard someone speak about this in a negative light

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

The crows is a great idea, I love it I was simply referencing it as a core mechanic in the game such as this idea for hook campers. Also, not everything is beneficial to every party. Ever since moris were added, that was a core mechanic that survivors have to deal with and it's not positive by any means for survivors but it's apart of the game and most may not like it but it is what it is.

But the fact that you accused me of adding this idea for the ideology of exploiting it is nonsense and proves that you're basis to the agenda in support of hook camping.

How could survivors exploit this idea?

Killer: Hooks survivor, looks around for survivor in area, finds one:

Survivor: Loops killer around a 15 meter radius?

It not exploitable by anymeans. If you engage in a chase for I believe 1 minute or so, you gain speed for bloodlust and there's barely a pallet around a hook depending on the area so there's no benefit for exploits. You would simply get tunneled by the killer or be a terrible teammate by standing around your hooked teammate when you could have led the killer away from the hook so someone else could get them.

• VoodooChild
    Options

Man reading this ######### let me know it hit the nail on the head lol. "Youre a camping killer, this cant be exploited!!! name one way!!"

Even tho I already said I barely played killer for the last few months and told you exactly how I would exploit it. But more importantly, youre arguing that it cant be exploited and not how it would at all stop or even punish camping.

So if youre not just trying to spit on top of the pile of killer nerfs than im just genuinely confused as to what youre even trying to accomplish lol.

ALSO funny that you called me a camping killer because ive been thinking that if I do play killer I should face camp with a chainsaw lol. You know what "Lackluster" (Great name at least btw) would do to stop me? Not a god thing

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

If you read what I put below the title you'd know what I'm trying to accomplish lol.

Leather-faces that go insidious are easy with this penalty especially with decisive strike which I have. Just bait a chainsaw rev and his slowness debuff couldn't hurt a fly. Coupled with borrowed time and you're good. All gens done and everyone out unless it's a basement hook then that will take more skill for some.

Anyways, point proven...you can't outrun a killer with bloodlust within a 15 meter radius of a hooked survivor as that would just cancel the debuff out. I don't even understand the argument you're trying to reach but perhaps you should look into other games?

• VoodooChild
    Options

Man look, I didn't know you played on the servers where leatherfaces camp 10 meters away. See in my world they camp right in your ######### face, that's why I thought they called it face camping. So yeah just a big misunderstanding I didn't know you were phil of the future or some old ######### lol

Nah im just messing with you, I dont understand what this debuff would accomplish other than making the game more toxic but I dont think that's what you want so I know its all with the best intentions! Im coming off like Im being patronizing af but im really not lol like I know you want whats best for the game! I just dont see how this is it

• VoodooChild
    Options

Oh hey that is so cool how you made a example for 15 meters in gta! I think that confuses me even more for why you think its a good idea, but man hey ######### it as long as you good at heart lol. Like really that's what people need to understand about each other, youre just doing your best like everyone else trying to be a part of this community and ######### lol. Like its all so fake but that's the point of life I guess

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    Options

Bad idea.

Every 15 seconds is silly, maybe it's feasible if the radius around it was very, vey small. Like 5 meters.

This is how it will be exploited. All survivors will huddle around the hook and hide and because I'm not an idiot and going to leave an idea area where I can see survivors running about, looping or sneaking around they're going to giggle to themselves knowing that if I don't immediately leave the area I'm going to be too slow to get them. This effectively turns the hook into an safe zone with a long lasting negative affect onto myself because I refuse to simply give people unhooks.

It would need to be a smaller radius. The slowing affect would have to be right out. It should be like if I stay within the radius for 30 seconds one of my perks deactivate for 60 seconds...OR...my view is narrowed by a certain amount which makes it harder for me to find survivors and keep up with chases.

It would also need to deactivate and pause when I have a visual on an unhooked survivor for a certain amount of time.

I do think that a radius around the hoo kthat implements a negative is a good idea itself. But I don't agree with this implementation. I'd also like a survivor to get negative for staying in a radius around the killer-never ending loop fest or starting lovingly behind a pallet- movement should be encouraged but not at the cost of slower movement itself.

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

I love the idea of a narrowed view but I don't see this beneficial for basement hook camping scenarios especially for experienced killers who know the ins and outs of pretty much every map layout..not to mention, it would be really hard for survivors to tell the difference anyways.

A safe zone is a nice gesture but isn't at all what it is. This doesn't give free hooks either as there's plenty of killer perks such as make your choice, devour hope and etc that can provide benefits from hooked survivors at certain distances and I mean...look at how small 15 meters is.

15 second countdown starts after hook animation and if you aren't out within the radius by then, you recieve -9% speed and this stacks every 10 seconds within the radius up to the maximum of -45% movement speed.

Look at reference photo in main post. You really think 15 meters is too much?

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

Forgot to mention, but there's also bloodlust that gives you haste. I'm sorry but there's really not a lot of room for this argument. Also, they can't abuse their hooked teammate to save time cause if there's 1 person running you around the radius and one on the hook, what the hell is the other 2 people doing? It doesn't make sense in anyway at all.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

This idea is terrible.

Survivor stays near hook and forces you to camp it, then saves the hooked survivor while using Borrowed Time.

You are now moving at 70% speed (assuming you are a 115% killer) and can do literally nothing.

The survivor who did the unhook cannot be caught, the survivor who has been unhooked cannot be harmed, and the two other survivors have been doing gens this entire time and you are moving so slow you can't stop them.

There is no possible way this idea can make people upset.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,685
    Options

While good in theory, your idea has a few major flaws and I think this is a punishment in the wrong way.

A rage camper will camp anyways, regardless of slowdown, to the same effect.

Additionally as you have it now, this can be abused by survivors to get the killer to be slowed down.

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

you would be moving at that speed if you don't initiate a chase.

or if you don't leave the area. that's assuming you stayed for a whole 60 seconds within the radius.

I don't understand what's up with this being abused. You guys know bloodlust exists..right? I'm sure BHVR would have a more in-depth idea as to how this would work but it's not that deep. Just a rough idea for the board.

• WTBacon
    Options

You should look up Bloodlust before using that as an argument.

Bloodlust gives a maximum speed bonus of 15% at 45 seconds. You get 5% for every 15 seconds in chase without breaking a pallet or attacking.

You just suggested something that slows you just for standing near a hook, up to 45% slow.

Even if we consider Bloodlust this slowdown is ludicrous.

• Ghost077
    Ghost077 Member Posts: 713
    edited February 2020
    Options

I have a wonderful idea too. The surviving camping gen penalty! I'd pitch my idea to counter a common epidemic in dead by daylight and that's GEN camping. As we know, many survivors do this including myself time to time but I also like to cross play both survivor and killer and I find horrible for this to be allowed. Sure, survivors that gen camp give the other survivors a lead in completing objectives but that's doesn't make it right as what do you think the survivor will do to the other killers once they done gen? Right.

If survivor return to gen, which stopped repairing earlier than after 15 sec, he receives status "genunlust" effect. This slows him down by -9% and lasts 15 seconds.ย Stacks up to -45% every 10 seconds if within this gen radius. If he touches gen, the penalty is doubled.

• Cixon
    Options

How many times do I need to reiterate this, this applies to hooked survivors not regular hooks.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

Devs tried something like this, survivors abused it. This is the issue with all the "easy" fixes that people suggest.

• WTBacon
    Options

I never thought you were talking about regular hooks. Maybe reread what I wrote.

• Huntar
    Options
  • Cixon
    Options
  • Huntar
    Options

Dig through Peanits' comment history. He's said it a few times that I've seen. I'm afraid I don't care enough about an idea that won't be implemented to do the digging for you.

• Cixon
    Options

Never know, figured I'd suggest it since face camping is pretty bad and killers defend it.

• Prex91
    Options

However I think proxy camping is a legitimate strategy when to confirm a kill. Surv just can do gens or create a opening to just do a safe unhook, with the help of teammates and perks. The unfun thing is first hook/face camping, that also ruin the entire game both for fun/ranking factor. Perks help but problem that doesnt help in this particular situaton is the unhooker grab, that prevent the almost inevitable hooktrade, and can create a worse slug situation. Maybe they devs have to valutate to make that grab possible only on injured surv that can try a save, instead if the surv is full health you can only take an hit. Sounds fair?

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446
    Options

Camping is and will always be a problem in this game until BHVR recognizes that their reward structure is completely backwards from the actual objectives in the game for either side.

Until Survivors are rewarded more for completing their generators and escaping; instead of abandoning the gens, getting into chases, taunting and looping the killer, and hook-rushing to unhook their friends -- camping will not change. It's an almost guaranteed way to get survivors to come to you these days, because in almost all cases, survivors will try to unhook because of the altrustic bloodpoints and the potential for bold bloodpoints.

Until BHVR stops trying to 'force' the game to be all about chases and schoolyard games of tag; and starts emphasizing killers killing and survivors avoiding and surviving/escaping; camping will exist.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited February 2020
    Options

I think on the first hook, unless all generators have been completed, if the killer is in a 16M Radius of the hooked survivor, and there are NO other survivors in the area (or the killer is in Chase), the hook timer should be paused.

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446
    Options

Or; and this is just a random thought; maybe altruisitic Survivors shouldn't feel entitled to easy unhooking points and just do their gens...? Even if it means their 'friend' dies or has to drop to struggle phase (which many Survivors find just appalling apparently)...?

Again... the game too heavily rewards cat-and-mouse altruistic gameplay already. Any 'punishments' for a killer securing their kill by staying near their hooked victim is just a blatant nerf/unneeded punishment to killers from Survivor players that feel they shouldn't be able to die unless they get to be unhooked several times first.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Or; and this is just arandom thought; maybe killers shouldn't feel entitled to an easy kill and just hunt survivors?

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

Both of you have valid points but two wrongs don't make a right. Tunneling survivors is fine if it means you get rid of a survivor that has been playing 'dirty' most of the game but camping a hook super close for more than 15 seconds is absolutely unnecessary and I don't care if your excuse is that survivors are desperate for altruism points but that's not valid. If it's a SWF situation and they're new to the game, this is a experience you'd want to have avoided for them. It's toxic that killers even do that and proves how unskilled they are.

You can argue all the perks you want to deflect a face camping or proxy camping killer but the reality is is that not all survivors are gonna run decisive strike or borrowed time and coupled with insta downers like Hillbilly and Leather face, they both benefit the most off facecamping / proxy camping and it's truly disgusting.

If killers want to secure hook kills more often how bout you play as trapper or hag or some killer that can place traps throughout the environment?

All it does is ruin the experience for new players and returning players. A slow buff such as this would be an almost perfect solution especially if it's basement hook camping. If not, something similar would suffice. I'm not a dev but I know for a fact that this would be the most solid solution and that's slowing the killer down to a almost unbearable speed.

• Ghost077
    Options

If do something like that, then only complete with a genrush nerf. Clarify: only complete with a SERIOUS genrush nerf. After nerf ruin playing for survivors ridiculously easy. If I call my skilled friends to SWF, we will beat almost any killer now. Naturally, killers began to camp and tunnel more. This is the only thing that remains for them in such unequal conditions. This one-sided nerfs will lead to the fact that many killers will quit the game, and playing against the rest will become boring.

>I'm not a dev but I know for a fact that this would be the most solid solution

You know for a fact, huh? Can you honestly answer how many hours you have in this game?

• Cixon
    Options

I have 300+ hours on steam and sit at red ranks.

Also, of course it's 'one-sided' because it's suppose to back off face campers, what else is it suppose to do?

Also, all killers have to do is leave the radius briefly and go back and repeat so it's already exploitable for the killers perspective to not get hindered with slowness.

Also a gen-rushing nerf sounds like the most brain dead idea ever. How bout killers use perks like discordance, pop, thanatophobia, BBQ and chili, new HEX:Ruin, and a plethora of other perks that combat gen rushing.

There's no perks that can combat facecamping especially in a basement and all killers know this for a fact. U just gain bloodlust and down them again and slug their friends and then the killer now has the gamer chamber filled up easily.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517
    Options

The game doesnโ€™t promote camping? The wraith is completely invisible when standing still, the perk Insidious exists, there are 0 terror radius killers in this game. Ambushing two survivors (one being injuried as they just got unhook) is very beneficial to the killer. Camping is a tactic in the killers arsenal. The only thing I could consider toxic is face camping, which is literally just standing right against the hooked survivor. I donโ€™t camp a hook all game but if I noticed a team of survivors who rush hook saves..I might not stray far as a 32 meter killer, and if I am a stealth killer you bet Iโ€™m gonna be nearby to punish the foolish survivor who thought the hook was safe. Itโ€™s quite the statement to claim that everyone knows camping is wrong, I would respectful disagree. Face camping however.. I can agree with that style of camping.

• Cixon
    Options

I agree but hook camping shouldn't be no more closer than 15 meters like the reference photo.

I admit to hook camping but it's never as close as the reference photo. I play pig and run discordance, make your choice, save the best for last and bbq and chili. I kinda have to be fairly away from hooks to utilize make your choice and it's honestly not that bad. For a rank 9 killer, I can easily get 2 kills and even 3 at time.

But when I play with my friends and see killers take hard advantage of hook camping at close proximity...it's a problem I know most will agree. Though, most of the replies in this thread is just killers complaining as usual, they don't understand that they can just step outside the radius briefly then return to it.

• Cixon
    Options

Updated the main post to be more detailed.

• Loey
    Loey Member Posts: 51
    Options

let's be honest, they won't do anything against the camp and tun. The hooked survivor has two options, or he kills himself (who still loses pips, time and BP) or stays there giving others time to make some gene so then the killer hooks another survivor and does the same "strategy". Because now you cannot give dc if they are camping or tunneling you.

• Loey
    Loey Member Posts: 51
    Options

I've only done facecam twice, to two toxic survivors, one who threw a pale to a fellow who was being chased (trolling him by cutting the road) and a Feng who made me teabag when she farm a partner in my face when i had just finished hook him and she do it without BT.

I really can't stand the survivors who do those things, it's practically sell your partner.

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

You think that's fun? If you think it's fun for a survivor to bend over for the killer because the killer doesn't choose to defend gens but instead the survivor's hook then that right there shows how bad hook camping really is.

That's like if survivors were to body block a hook EVERY time you try to hook a survivor. That's not fun at all for the killer and that's not apart of the game and only hinders the survivors to escape because no one is doing generators.

They should do gens and help their friends so they can heal and do gens together. Likewise for killers, don't taint the game-play for survivors by facecamping / hook camping. I get it's a tactic for some killers but do u really need to be within this range for more than 15 seconds?

• Ghost077
    Options

300 hours of course. Is too little for an experienced player. You still don't know much about this game. Being in red ranks with a new ranking system is easy.

>How bout killers use perks like discordance, pop, thanatophobia, BBQ and chili, new HEX:Ruin, and a plethora of other perks that combat gen rushing

Against normal survivors, this is nothing.

>For a rank 9 killer, I can easily get 2 kills and even 3 at time

For rank 9 i can easyly get 3-4 kills playing half asleep. Get to the red ranks on the killer and play 50% of the game time on it. Especially on the Pig, lol. Then maybe you will find out about the balance of this game at the moment.

>But when I play with my friends and see killers take hard advantage of hook camping at close proximity...it's a problem I know most will agree

Most newbie will agree.

That's what happens when a killer plays against survivors who know what theyโ€™re doing:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoJokCjX7goxDLKGgKtbSAz81yIpy9Vr4

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoJokCjX7gozpIVDM1qjmXSC7M1SXSP3C

• Trollthem
    Trollthem Member Posts: 186
    Options

Nope , its useless .. you guys can't understand that if killer camp its because the devs cant do things right and balance killer/survivor , atm they are survivor side . Stop trying to find ideas to make killers more boring , jeez do you guys play this game?

• Prex91
    Options

I honest also think that a better way is to really incentivate the killer to change the survivor to chase, with buffs similar to the new dayng light for example, but more incisive. Surv do gens is a puishment but not sufficient, because gen pops but one surv al least die, with no pause from be tunneling all game in chase, or worse be on all the match on hook with no intetaction, facecamped. It is a big problem to not understimate. Genrushing is also a problem, make the killer lose too much time and want only to just do everithing to confirm a kill, and must be fixed, however even without genrushing a killer that can tunnel without big punishments to do that/big incentivate to not do that will no esitate to camping and tunneling, cause many reasons and honestly not reason not doing that.

• Cixon
    edited February 2020
    Options

300+ hours is enough to understand everything. It doesn't take a MLG player to understand the mechanics of the game and what's wrong with them. Your reply really is just you ranting at how easy apparently, my situation is because of my ranks and flaunting your experience against me rather than making any valid points.

You're really just trolling.

I have somewhat of a solution to gen rushing. Check this post out:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/129873/idea-to-debuff-tapping-damaged-generators

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910
    Options

I like the concept, but I feel the punishment can be too harsh, mostly if a survivor loops them near the hook. That could be an intentional exploit IMO, maybe pause the countdown when in a chase?

• Ghost077
    Options

>300+ hours is enough to understand everything

Aha. I thought the same way when I had 300 :)

My answer is that many prefer to want nerfs, instead of learning to play further.