Idea to debuff 'tapping' damaged generators

Options
Cixon
Cixon Member Posts: 133
edited February 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

As we know, as a killer damaging generators is just a way to begin gen regression and move on.

Survivors on the other-hand, can just tap the gen and move on, forcing the killer to spend 4 seconds of their time kicking it again.

I have a idea to this problem. This adds a new mechanic to generators but would help.

In addition to the generator regressing, players now have to fulfill the red damage bar which takes 3% longer than a usual generator repair to begin normal progression on the generator. If this red bar isn't fully fulfilled, the generator will continue to regress until finished then allowing the killer to damage it again.

Comments

• Nyxis_Fier
    Nyxis_Fier Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2020
    Options

Pop goes the weasel. Its there for a reason. Also the new ruin works great as it regresses gens when you're near the survivor. They have no other choice but to step away from the gen. Luckily not every survivor goes around looking for totems. I don't see a problem with gen tapping. If you kick and leave and come back in 5 sec to it being tapped, then look for the survivor(s). It means they're staying nearby. And if you keep going back to kick it and can't find anyone, move on, chances are you're being trolled and distracted to the one gen while the others complete the other gens.

• Cixon
    Options

Though that is true, this would only have survivors take about 8 seconds to do alone and would be faster if there was more than one survivor or if they had a toolbox. Adds a nice dynamic to the playing field in my opinion

• Nyxis_Fier
    Nyxis_Fier Member Posts: 112
    Options

I play survivor. I never bring a tool box. And it never takes me 8 seconds to complete a gen. Lol it takes me longer and I main as Ming. Purple tool box doesn't do much justice so I laugh when ppl say it's getting nerfed.

• Cixon
    Options

I said that it takes 8 seconds to finish this new feature I suggested. Sorry for confusion.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Actually a pretty good idea.

I've always hated tapping, as both killer and survivor. It removes a lot of pressure on the survivor side too easily in my opinion.

• TTVfbYTigTW
    TTVfbYTigTW Member Posts: 85
    Options

Is gen tapping really that problematic? You can tap and risk a hit. As killer, you can you know, hit the person.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

Fixing issues with the game through perks will never be a good idea. It shouldn't be up to the killer to choose whether to bandage something that can be easily abused.

Honestly, gen regression is generally so mild that it's barely worth kicking them until you're almost done with the match anyway, since there's generally no risk to stopping it for survivors. If the killer starts heavily guarding a single gen that's getting tapped, the survivor can then just choose whether to sit there and continue to tap whenever the killer starts moving away, or go to a different gen and let the killer waste time on a gen that's not being watched anymore, and the whole time, the rest of their team is working on gens without anything to stop them. There's really no winning move for the killer in cases like this.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Overcharge is a good way to prevent gen tapping.

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446
    Options

Honestly, just make killer generator kicks cause 10% instant progress regression before triggering decaying regression; that way those Survivors that want to hide around and abuse the 'tap to make better' mechanic of BS that the Devs refuse to change can still do so -- but it also makes killer kicking gens much more powerful -- and punishes Survivors for tapping the generator when the killer is nearby, because they'll just kick it a second time and get more instant regression.

That; or the 'new Ruin' should have just been baseline for Generators -- if you stop working on them, they regress; and Ruin should just increase that regression speed, not be required to start regression automatically.

Hell, or both - make it a real party and make it so Survivors have to actually care more about their generators instead of just 99%-ing them and then proceeding to troll and screw with the killer until they get bored enough to run over and tap their gens to finish them.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Personally, there simply should always be a forced skillcheck when you touch a generator. So survivors tapping generators midchase get punished for it.

• Cixon
    Options

B.