Sabo nerfed #########

2»

Comments

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

I still think Sabotage should be ~4 seconds instead of 2.5 but other than that it's okay. Hook's only down for 30 seconds and odds are you're gonna slug and look to punish any altruism.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156

Did someone say... Basement? Cause you sabo in my face and your going straight to the basement.... Trust me no one will save you there... And your sabo is worthless.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

Oh no, you think they're nerfing sabo'ing hooks? Remember the ruin "nerfs"? If anything this is way stronger. You spend less time on it and it isn't as annoying to deal with as killer with almost every hook being 99% only to get robbed of a hook

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

cough 2.5sec hook sabo, WHAT nerf?

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

also, who said you cant use a toolbox and sabo, and then use the 2.5sec when you are close to killer and they are carrying a survivor, and the toolbox at any other time

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

It takes only 2 seconds to break a hook, the buff is insanely unfair to killers and will definitely encourage slugging

• EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233

Bruh, this is a ridiculously significant buff, especially seeing as how you can easily make a chase last for longer than 60 seconds lmao

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

A well hidden Ruin on a good map as well as a high mobility killer is good enough to finish them off. The new ruin can be just as deadly.

Ormand, Wraith with speed add ons. Ruin well hidden. They wont find it without spending 10 min looking for it. By then its too late.

As a killer i am also a little apprehensive about the sheer speed of them being able to take hooks. Hangmans and agitation might be a must for the first few weeks till things calm down.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490

Would just be a buff to the actual sabo-no mither archetype. (Which was the best perk to run with sabo).

shorter cooldown on sabotage and dead hard would make it solid. Could even change object of obsession into a cooldown perk and re-raise it’s power again - obvs to basically work like no nerf if you run no mither with it.

• DiscoOwlington
    DiscoOwlington Member Posts: 3

Hello! First time posting on the official DbD board, love the game, and here is my opinion on all of this; it's brief. (God, sound like a preppy speech giver)

Making the game challenging? Uh, duh. Your playing a character plucked and dropped into a vile realm controlled by an evil creature. Of course, it's not going to be simple. You to strategize and adapt that strategy as the game progresses. Once you're used to the mechanics/characters the game loses its scare/horror aspect. Devs need to keep it interesting to keep people paying. Hence, the toolbox and can changes.

Now you have to pick and choose the right opportunity to use said item, and it makes it easier for Solo survivors to make impromptu strategies. Also, Dailies and Archives? It'll be more fruitful. I hate wasting time having to do Sabs for a Daily/Archive when I could be doing something more productive. Oh, killer is taking someone to a hook? Now you can break them before getting there.

Toolboxes: good improvement for both sides. Killer: Gens go flying if there is a decent toolbox, and depending on the killer being used, it makes it far more difficult for them. (Remember, Killers may have powers but it's still 1v4.)

Survivors: sometimes, you barely get to use your box before you're killed, or nearly use it up, escape, but it's near-empty for the next round. Plus, again, Dailies/Rits! You need one more gen done (& that's your sole focus of the round) but the killer will be on you before you can finish. BOOM! New toolboxes with their speed get it for you.

Don't get me wrong, there are errors bugs in the game that need to be fixed but it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. Most likely internet or connection issues. Yes, matchmaking is an issue I am referring to. If this game is so bad why not save yourself the hassle, stop ruining it for others, and move on to another game.

Let's give these new updates time to get worn in because while Devs try to program it one way they cannot account for Monto playing in an incredibly unorthodox manner. Not knocking Monto, love hi videos, just the first gamer that popped into mind.

• thehotdogman93
    thehotdogman93 Member Posts: 81

That's extremely overpowered in favor for the survivor. It's unfair enough to have such a quick sabo speed along with no mither and unbreakable to hard counter slugging.

That first statement was true before the sabo buff. Now it's the completw opposite. Survivors can now disable hooks "On the Fly" when they need to, allowing them to do gens and save a teamate within 30 seconds of each other.

Yo, as a heads up bro, there's a little cog in the top right in the box of your reply, you can use that to edit your replies.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Instead i'll just be able to do what took 2-3 coordinated SWF to do! AND BETTER!

They better not release the current sabo changes, playing killer will only be more of a nightmare than it already is.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2020

30 second cooldown from 60 seconds? Iirc... that 2.5 seconds to sabo a hook without 99% anymore is huge against players running No Mither.

There’s generally 4 hooks you have to sabotage now as the devs kinda nerf sabo the last time they said they were working on a buff.

The whole point of sabo-no mither combo is that it is supposed to work if well timed.