Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

question to old dbd players

DamienDuff
DamienDuff Member Posts: 88
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

What is the most boring change you think happened in dbd ?

I've witnessed all the patches and updates since the pig DLC

I've seen alot of perk changes and add on changes

but the most funny and ridiculous change I've seen so far in dbd is the new instructions add on change live now in PTB

( you don't get skill checks while repairing with a toolbox) which now lasts for seconds LUL

I just wonder who the f cares about not getting skill checks for few seconds LUL

I mean unless youre smoking or drinking something and dont want to press space bar, you can still set it to mouse 5 or something LMFAO what is this ?? what an idea for an addon OH MA GAWD LUL

Comments

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Probably the Legion rework. Yeah, the exploits needed to be fixed, but they became super frustrating to play. They're in an ok spot now, but miss penalties are brutal and the cool down could stand to be decreased a bit.

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538

Clown, clown sucks

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020

The Legion rework.

I had by myself thought that some things needed to be nerfed by the Legion, but not on this way.

To this day is the rework a red flag for me that increases my anger from 0%-100% in less then a second.

Would I had have really said on this forums what I had thought about the rework and the people direct responseble for it - I would have been banned for my next 1.000 lifes (if we believe in such things) from the forums and all bhvr games ever made :).

To this day I had nothing see in dbd that was comparable with the fun of the pre patch Legion (if you had them play without addons).

Edit: But we should also see always the bright side in everything... Since then I play less dbd and have more time for other games^^.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I believe that was around the time the Emblem system came into place, I'm not sure though.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

I can understand this, but I feel there should be SOME indicator for when your being under the effect of a status. If the killer is running mindbreaker for example, I wanna know ahead of time to expect that short exhaustion when its time to sprintburst away. Things like Myers music playing when he hits T3 is a nice way of showcasing the exposed status without NEEDING the symbol for example.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

Moonwalking legion.

I can't remember how many times I quitted the match just out of boredom.

• rhodamia
    rhodamia Member Posts: 275

I've played since Huntress release.

Boring change... It's a mixture. The systematic removal and nerfing of Meta perks (particularly on the killer side) is annoying.

Killer perk/ability is broken strong (legion)? Gets nerfed quick. Regular strong (Ruin. Nurse)? Nerfed eventually.

Survivor perk is broken strong (MoM, DS)? Gets nerfed quick. Regular strong (BT, DS, DH)? Part of the game now.

Don't get me wrong. I think some of these are balanced too. Like DH is balanced imo. But it's strong and counterable. So it's fair to me. But ruin was strong and counterable. But it was nerfed. I'm fine with new ruin. I like it even better. BUT! The principle. Of killers getting nerfed while survivors transition to the power role. Has made the game less fun to me. I just adapted by switching to survivor main lol

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Killers now. They've nerfed some of them so bad, there unplayable at red rank. How many nurse mains are there now?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Probably the healing nerf. When I started playing Huntress was coming out soon so not only was nurse everywhere everyone and their mother ran nurses calling.

Over time nurses is rarer and healing takes longer. So you just finish your gen before patching yourself up.

Used to be a lot riskier even if it was faster.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Removing flick from billy. Booooh partypooper

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I miss actual events and Nurse.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

It wasn't a nerf. Legion's performance was about the same before and after the update. Which was too low, hence the later buff update to restore FF speed and vault speed.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

I would have to say the ruin change. When you get 4 survivors focused on gens it is just a flat out joke anymore. And miss me with the "pressure gens"

• Lewyx
    Lewyx Member Posts: 20

i guess this addon got changed like this to counter the new Gearhead perk that show you the gen where a survivor just got a good or great skillcheck after you got two hits as killer.

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166

Boring as in the least impactful change? Probably the 50% bloodpoint bonus being added to beast of prey. Still a useless perk and the bloodpoints aren't even calculated after match so it's not even useful for farming builds. Still haven't seen it being run a single time since it was updated and that was quite a while ago.

• RussianSpyPigeon
    RussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83

Not an old player, but I'm gonna share anyways. Its the "rivalry" that's between killer mains and survivor mains.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

I've been here since watching people play the Beta, and honestly the changes have been for the most part beneficial to the game. However, I honestly think dedicated servers were not completely ready upon release and should have had more time taken to work on them. The worst DLC that has happened was Darkness Among Us. The Legion in my opinion is the most annoying and worst killer in the game, I lost interest over the 3 month period until the next chapter was announced.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Not really sure if I count as an old player, but for me it was the legion rework.

I used to main legion and he was by far the most fun killer to play as, I loved the stab stab stab gameplay but didnt abuse the moonwalk exploit because that was just cheap.

Yeah, he needed to get a change, but they just butchered him, they added nerfs on top of nerfs and he just became unberable to play

The buff he got in the spirit patch (at least for me it was a buff) made him way more fun, so there is that.

• DamienDuff
    DamienDuff Member Posts: 88

wow didn't expect this much interaction with the thread , thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts <3

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

definitely when they added legion. going against a moonwalking franks mixtape legion was the most boring thing in existence, my god

for the killer side though, there really hasnt been an extremely boring update, but ig id count the Oni chapter as one? he’s extremely clunky on console imo so ive never touched him

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

i don't usually play as survivor with items so it's fine to me

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

For me it is literally Nurse's nerf

From a killer perspective, she becoming more boring to play simply because have to wait for her main source of movement and chase potential to come back has made her unfun and boring to play.

From a survivor perspective, she's no longer a threat to me and she's easily countered because her potential. Hell I even faced off with a Godlike Nurse and got bored simply because I could out run her blinks

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

Introduction of the Emblem System

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020

When they removed any skill to get a flashlight or pallet save. When that patched launched that was the moment I lost faith in this game. The scary part was the people who made this game were the ones who thought it was a QoL update. Anyone who has put a decent amount of time into this game could have told them that was a terrible idea. Thank the entity they reversed that one.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

That one patch that fixed the issue that caused survivors to unable to stun the killer if he was in the middle of the animation.

I loved being stunned while hooking a survivor of picking him up.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

Right, but its not exactly disproving my points rather its just saying you cant take them at face value and its more nuanced.

On a side note, you're one of the few people that actually managed to reason and argue your point. Which is worth mentioning because its so rare in this place. Most arguments amount to 'nah ah'.