This forum is so biased towards killers

what i noticed is, that almost only killer mains are lurking around in this forum. calling for survivor nerfs all the time. they dont need nerfs! i see plenty of killers getting 4k, cause they have skill. just adapt and l2p.

and don't write comments starting with "i'm a survivor main...." cause i know you are not a survivor main.

Comments

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198

I dont understand how every survivor is entitled by "having the right" to escape in each game? They must be streamers that complains because theyve lost here and there a game. This is also the very truth.

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275

well then dont call for survivior nerfs. call for pip changes, so taht a killer can pip with 3k or so.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Yeah almost every survivor I have is P3, guess I am not a survivor main with most of my hours being survivor

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

Or maybe there is in fact people out there that don’t enjoy playing 5 minute games as much as you appear to be enjoying. Assuming you are referring to the people saying that gens go too fast considering it’s a hot topic atm. Besides, I see probably just as many threads regarding killer nerfs as survivor nerfs so not sure what you’re on about...

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2020

most of survivors didnt ask for ruin nerf, devs was the one who wanted to change it

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

Survival rate is about 45% lmao

4k all the time or something

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

Then maybe you cant read, because I see a lot of threads about nerfing killer things too.

This forum is perfectly balanced, you see threads about mori nerfs and key nerfs, DS nerfs and NOED nerfs. About Clown and Legion buffs and about Autodidact, Babysitter and WGLF buffs. Threads aboit nerfing SWF and about buffing solo surviviors. We have it all, I always make sure to keep the balance myself.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Exactly this. That's why so many whiners create the same garbage threads in this forum because entitled killers don't get their entitled 4K in 1 of 10 matches and even when it wasn't against a SWF they will always cry SWF and gen rushing for it. The double standards and pointless complaints are amazingly high in this forum, but regarding both sides.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited February 2020

Not sure if it's 'mains' or just people who are actually very concerned about the state of the game, particularly the killer/survivor balance. And justifiably so.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Uh... you sure about that..? In pretty sure.. the ruin nerf is all survivors.. and survivors now want NOED gone... so....

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

A lot of survivors left the game? But killer queues are near instant because there are so many survivors waiting to play.

• thehotdogman93
    thehotdogman93 Member Posts: 81

You're right, and I think it's a major design flaw with this game. If a killer doesn't get a 4K, he may see it as a loss, which is what I feel all the time. But a 4K game is supposed to be perfect outcome, there's no middle ground that a killer will be happy with otherwise. Because the developers are trying to balance the game where killers are getting 2k per match, naturally killer mains will be upset over the difficulty to get 4Ks. It's an issue that's common with most asymmetric games.

Yo. We gotta get a 4k at least within 10 matches. After that, 90% of people wouldn't want to play killer. It's more like we desire 4Ks for half our games AT LEAST, any killer after that would start sweating every match.

The things that you reference "as it all gets taken away" were things back in day that survivors could do to really make the game unplayable for killer, like body blocking him in a corner and healing every 2 seconds. I didn't play DBD back in day but nerfs for game breaking features like that seem justifiable. To say that's its miserable now seems like you're suffering from the loss of power to abuse features like this and bully the killer on your whilm.

The 70% kill rate is another thing. We know the devs are aiming for that number to be 50%, which I'm sure the devs will try to gravitate towards with killer nerfs / survivor buffs here pretty soon. The point is it that BHVR has always tried to balance the game, even if it has taken them years to do so.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Apparently the game has to be balanced around high skilled survivors. Everyone who cannot loop any killer for 5 gens straight is considered a potato who should just git gud.

For killers it’s different, there the average (against high skilled survivors) should be the point to balance. And if those have a good game, they don’t even acknowledge it and say the survs were potatoes.

I really think matchmaking is a huge problem in this game, I get matched in both sides that can be so much fun winning or loosing does not matter here that much. And rank (even red rank) does not say that much here, again on both sides.

but there are frustrating matches as well on both sides. Again not really rank-dependent. Survivors have it worse but they also get out of those matches faster, tunneled/hook suiciding. There is no way for a killer to end the match sooner.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Very specific set of conditions there. That's the thing. When people talk about gen speeds, they always find a way to make a perfect scenario for their case that will happen maybe once every 50-75 games.

• Gh057f4C3
    Gh057f4C3 Member Posts: 11

I play both sides evenly and even when I manage to lose I just point out my faults during the game, like I committed too much to chase, or I didn't pressure gens enough, etc.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I played back in 2016 and i remember i waited 45 mins in swf lobby to find a game. There was serious lack of killers. Most of the time we saboed all the hooks and killer couldn't do much of anything if we stayed away from the basement. You may call it balanced but even most survivor mains admit it was quite broken time

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Mortille is coming here because Killers had more to complain about to the devs. Also most people who play survivor tend to be more casual and don't go on forums.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

I didn't say it was balanced then.

Also the devs placed swf on the low priority list. As a solo q survivor I'd get games relatively quickly, but wait ages in swf.

The issue wasn't lack of killers.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I'm not a survivor main. That's what you want to hear, so i'm gonna say it. <3

• FearedbytheGods

Your conflating my point.

I realise its easier to just think of it as 'salty survivor' but your wrong.

You had your 'standard' that was messed up by the introduction of swf at release, that the devs have been compensating for ever since (among other things I mentioned).

As I said, what you saw, from a rudimentary perspective is survivor nerfs, killer buffs. Go back and read what I said I didn't argue the wrong or right of balance. Im talking about how the devs mismanaged the community and have created a bias that we see on the forums.

Therefore addressing the OP post.

• FearedbytheGods

When it was peer to peer there were websites that tracked lobbies.

You'd consistently see 2-3 survivor to every killer. Never the inverse. However, veteran killers got preferential treatment, was what I observed at least in queues.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

It was solo survivor as well. We couldn't even derank becouse the queque times were so horrible for survivor. Killer queques were literally instant. When they added exhaustion a lot of survivor mains quit playing or kept break from the game. That fixed survivor queques instantly to the point that killer queques were actually longer lmao. How do you explain this if it wasn't lack of killers?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

This is bait right?

The forums are not killer biased, if anything, its people who only play ONE side and see the other, THINKING its biased. A lot of us play both sides...

If survivor has it so hard, immerse more dude.

That being said, I am, indeed, a 60/40 survivor main. Had this shot to show how bad matchmaking is rn but as you can see, purple survivor, hit red last night actually. Again.

So FOH with that "ik you're not a survivor, filthy killer mains and your bias" crap.

• FearedbytheGods

Did you see the games at low ranks with ruin up. Those survivors couldn't managed skill checks let alone 'ruin checks' it was a train wreck and had to change.

NOED yea.... survivor been talking about that one since release... Im sure that devs are about to drop the hammer on that one.... not -.-

Compare that to Sprint Burst which has been around the same length of time and received nerf after nerf . At release sprint burst would recharge while running and there was no such thing as 'exhaustion'.

How long have you been playing this game?

This discussion has been closed.