This forum is so biased towards killers

Options

Comments

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

There's really no way anyone can combat this. Even the patch notes literally said it was for this reason, lol

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 2020
    Options

^This.

I am awful at this game and I escape more often than not. Do Gens, escape.That's it. 🤷

Most games you can just ignore everything going on if the Killer isn't chasing you.

Edit: @OP Where though? For every Killer Complaint thread there is a Survivor complaint thread.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    Options

Humans are naturally very tribalistic, so your killers vs. survivors response is not surprising.

My point was more arguing the psychology of how the devs have created the entitlement within the community then the rudimentary nature of what you're arguing.

On that note, humans are largely robust creatures when they have the capacity to 'prepare' themselves for things. It's the things that blind side people on some idle Tuesday, that creates the most stress for people. So your point about survivors not being 'scared' is inevitable in a game where you have a level of prediction. It's just more of a human thing than a survivor thing.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

I agree. Especially about DBD not being "scary". Its never going to be scary for anyone who has put a decent amount of time into it.

Its funny how you can make decently intelligent, if not slightly obnoxious, posts but harp on about data that you believe proves something about killers while also misrepresent the actual facts that were given to prove your belief in this.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

false. peanits has stated several times not to make opinions on these stats. these stats also count people who bleed out to death and suicide on first hook .

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited February 2020
    Options

This forum is definitely killer sided, anyone with a brain can see that. It doesn’t make the majority opinions right or wrong mind you, but how can anyone actually deny that. That’s comical. I haven’t been been on reddit in a while, but that always trended more towards survivor, in large part because survivor opinions are bashed here so that’s where they have to go. Argue all you want, but it’s reality. This is home predominantly to killer mains. The same people denying that are the same who argue a streamer like Tru3 is unbiased because he plays both sides on steam. Come on now. He very heavily slants towards killer as does this forum, both just pretend to be neutral and unbiased 🙂

Post edited by Karl_Childers on
  • OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

i literally only play survivor and there are a lot of survivor mains here who are rational and level headed about both sides. many of us level headed surv mains agree new sabo is stupid asf with swf, but hooks respawn after a few seconds, has a 60 second cd, and can be countered by iron grasp so it is a fair 1 to 1 trade on stopping/punishing the action since iron grasp is meta on quite a few killers.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020
    Options

I can understand why some people think that this forum is killersided - the most communitys are outright survivor sided. Sometimes are insults from survivors towards killers there are even celebrated.

From this toxic point of view is everything that falls not in this extrem worldview the "enemie".

If this forums would be so much killer sided, the game itself would be more killer sided. But the truth is that killermains have here to beg for months, or even years, to get small and tiny changes like that Trappers traps can't be sabotaged, or the Legion can vault fast again, while survivors getting a ton of second changes perks and have now a game were they mostly only need to repair gens.

Thought always that would be heaven for some survivors, but no... they still complaining :|.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    Options

Quite afew people are calling for a NOED nerf

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

If my account is trite its because of responses like these. You've done, what most others do:

'nah ah, cause I say so'

By all means, argue the merits of the argument at face value, TRY and provide some evidence.

I dare you, go on, give it a shot.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

That's........ not really arguing against my point, its making the same point, just from a different angle. You say don't make opinions, I say its more nuanced, ultimately we can only infer based on what evidence we have.

So to be specific, I've provided more than you have.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

lmao this post just proved OPs point, this guy got 50 vote ups just because he made a weak statement regarding ruin, without actually addressing OP.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

Do you agree that the Nurse is the weakest killer in the game because going by statistics she is.

If you don't agree with me then why? You're going by statistics and sticking with them and you don't believe the Nurse is the weakest killer then you are just picking and choosing statistics to try and backup your point.

I'm generally curious because no one ever replies to me when they throw the kill rates of killers out there to back up their point but the moment I ask if the nurse is the weakest kill because statistically is she they don't reply because if they disagree they are admitting the data isn't accurate and lets be honest no one will agree she is the weakest killer.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

Last stat info I saw had all killers around the 70% mark, some lower, some higher. I have no doubt that the nurses numbers have dropped since the nerf.

Can you upload the latest stats or provide a link?

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020
    Options

Nurse is the worst killer in the game at the moment.

Then comes:

-Demothing (surprise at least for me)

-Clown (no surprise)

-Huntress (she is pretty powerful, but hard to master imo)

-Then Legion (I know Plague is actual down of the Legion, but I think she will be doing better after the ptr patch and so I don't see her anymore there)

That are the 5 worst killers if we look at the statistics.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

You should check out DbD subreddit for real killer based community with victim syndrome.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

Didn't notice it before, thanks for pointing it out.

Firstly, the 'you survivors' comment is rather tribalistic, I get that tribalism is an innate human response, but if we are to evolve as human beings we need to be aware of our own short comings xD

The ruin nerf and survivors 'inability to deal' is in short, a cheap shot. It's like those out of context, politically motivated vids that get uploaded that are full of emotional triggers, its designed that way, to get you to respond.

His post is similar; meme worthy burn but doesn't consider the following:

Infinites gone, vaulting/perk/map/pallet nerfs, bloodlust added, end game timer added, hatch close added. All this has made being killer easier and survivor harder since release.

2 escapes, 2 kills is the devs unit of metric. You don’t have to like that but it’s whats given the survivors all their nerfs and all the killers current buffs.

Killers now are up around 70% kills due to the trajectory of the game and the devs metric system, unless you feel their metric system is bad, in which case they can undo all the changes I've just mentioned....

It's only been recently that killers have started getting significant push back from devs, such as the ruin nerf because the state of the game is disconnecting survivors who know a game is going to end in a 4k so why bother for 3k BP.

At lower tiers hex ruin was a trainwreck, survivors there are still trying to learn skill checks, let alone 'ruin checks' and trying to understand 'totem cleansing'. But if you think that 4k after 4k is a good idea to level against new survivors, then I have a bridge to sell you, because those killer smurf accounts were having a field day.

But what do we see? Thread after thread recently of killers whining about things like 'my poor hex ruin' and 'survivors cant deal'. Like I said, if you didn't like the metric, you should have started complaining years ago, not now. Otherwise you're left with cool edgy burns.

People talk about salty survivors a lot in this forum, but ignore the elephant in the room.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

EDIT: Not sure how to link BrendanLeeT into this post.

Thanks for the link.

But you need a qualifier around that.

Nurse is worst 'overall', but part of that would be due to the hard to master aspect of playing nurse.

At red ranks nurse is still around 65% kill rate, which low compared to other killers but still higher that the 2 kill, 2 survive metric. But honestly at this stage and given the constant nerd rage I see from killers, it seems like they want 1 escape 3 kills.

It's also worth mentioning that, at release, nurse was considered a broken killer, anyone remember 72hrs? Anyway he talked about how nurse broke all the mechanics used by survivors to survive. I suspect nurse was designed to counter infinites that were in the game, REAL infinites too, not the pseudo-infinites we have nowadays. But killers still complained.

So infinites were removed and we were stuck with nurse.

Nurse is an average killer? Good, it should never have been introduced to begin with.

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020
    Options

You should never say something like "Good, it should never have been introduced to begin with.".

Sry, but every killer and every survivor game mechanic has its "fans" and while we as users can curse the one or other thing, dbd as companie should try to make every group happy.

And no, I am not a nurse main, nor I am a tryhard killer.

In... I bet... 50-60% of my matches I let the survivors go no matter how easy the final kill would be. It is just... If you like to have a healthy community, you need to give everyone something to play with and the best is, if those things are different to each other.

And to say it clear, the nurse is one of those different things.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Uhh no it didn't. Almost nobody gave a damn about Ruin. It got nerfed because they had a focus group that didn't like it. Ruin nerf was dumb. But don't try to pin that ######### on us.

As for the OP. There's a fair mix around the forums. Unfortunately the loudest voices often stand out. And there are some pretty loud voices on both sides. I've seen plenty of ridiculously biased ideas from both camps.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2020
    Options

I was making fun of him for trying to claim survivor mains weren't survivors because they disagreed with him.

Hence, you survivors.

• thrawn3054
    Options

Fair enough. I've just seen far too many people try to pin the Ruin nerf on survivors.

• Mc_Harty
    Options

The only people I generally blame the ruin nerf on, are the devs. At the end of the day they make all of the decisions.

• thrawn3054
    Options
  • FearedbytheGods
    Options

Fair point, sounds like we should introduce infinites again based off your standards.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,025
    Options

Feel like people point out survivors asking for ruin nerfs because threads like this exist. Took me 10 seconds to find an example.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

LOL why you so mad?

I was replying to his comment, if he got it wrong then just clarify it. Actually you could have just ignored me and pointed it out to him that he was spreading misinformation ROFL.

If it was just a meme, then let it ride as such. One of the great things of memes is that you laugh at people who screw their faces up at whats being poked fun at. It's almost like you're laughing at yourself with this reply!?

I'm going to stick with my tribalistic statement, because your response is so disproportionate from what you were originally claiming in regards to your meme post, because it really is starting to look like a slight against survivors with this emotional intensity attached to it.

Yes the stats will change, that's why stats get updated. Did you know that DBD was released on 14 June 2016. The stats have changed a lot in that time.

Have fun.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

It's like those entitled killers that come into a thread about killer bias just to push their bias. Thus proving the thread. Zing.

• Mc_Harty
    Options

Misinformation based on what? People not replying to my comment? ######### are you even talking about?

If anything you're the one spreading misinformation around stating killers have a 70% killrate from a chart with no context and how killers have nerd rage for wanting a better game. Seriously, it's embarrassing you fell apart this quick.

And I did clarified it.

If only you actually bothered to read.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

This forum is well known for being full of unhappy killer mains. Just ask anyone outside of here. Some complaints I can agree with but there are definitely some ridiculously biased ideas, or they call for nerf after nerf after nerf to everything survivors have and yet if anyone complains about anything at all on the killer side they always give out the excuse "its perfectly balanced you just need to git gud" but somehow this advice never applies to them.

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020
    Options

I think they coming maybe anyways back, to give breaking walls more value. Can't know it yet for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

omg haha.....

Dude it wasn't even the same guy I was talking too, and you posted that AFTER my original post that got you all flustered.

Thanks man, you gave me a good laugh <3

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

This is actually home mostly to people who play both sides, and when one who mains a single side comes up with dribble like that, is when people respond.

The only opinions really bashed are those that involve the side vs side drama. Because they're usually only coming from one side, and with no understanding of the other. Not enough people play both sides, so the opinions of an obvious main are less trusted.

I say this as a 60/40 survivor. So...yeah. 🤷‍♀️

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    edited February 2020
    Options

"Survivors doesn't need nerfs", I think you should git gut. even survivor mains wants surv nerfs, at least the ones that are actually good at the game

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

Look, your entitled to your opinion, but your post count ALONE tells me you're more engaged than the average player. You have a few thousand worth of hours in the game no doubt, which is also above the average player.

If you're like me you learnt doing skill checks a long time ago and if you've played since release then you've been there at every step when new mechanics were introduced along the way like 'hex' and 'cleanse' which is now common place.

When Wildstar was released in showcased itself as a leet gamers only game. You know what happened to that game? It's dead. It's dead because it chest thumped so hard that all the potential leet players that started off as newbs said forget it.

This game is balanced around red ranks according to the devs based off their metric system of 2 escape 2 kills. This makes sense because its the games 'end game'.

At lower ranks you have your potential leet players, you have to accommodate them in some way because they keep your game populated and your queue times down. You may have your own way to do that, but from what I saw newbs got absolutely DECIMATED against reasonable killers with hex ruin up, because they just had no capacity to manage what was happening.

I don't really get your argument about new ruin. It's the difference between a passive punishment and the constant 'you did it wrong' in your face of old ruin, every time you missed. Again you can complain its holding hands and maybe they would have learnt, maybe they would have gotten better. But my guess is the devs saw what was happening and knew it needed to change because seeing a game 4k with each survivor having less than 3k BP is ridiculous. I can't imagine newbs sticking around for that and I doubt you want a dead game.

With 70% kill rates at red ranks, those poor killers weren't exactly struggling. There needed to be push back.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options
  • FearedbytheGods
    Options

We do live in clown world times ;)

Don't shoot the messenger > <

• Weederick
    Options

Messenger of which game? Nobody who plays dbd would say that the game is balanced around red ranks. Red ranks is where the problems are so obvious, that everyone asks for killer buffs up there, even survivor mains. The red ranks are the forgotten ranks if anything

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

-.-

You better speak to the devs, thanks for playing. Don't let the door.......

• Weederick
    Options

Dont be surprised that nobody takes you seriously. Vets share the same opinion for the most part for good reason.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

OK so, just be to clear, because literally this chain with you is turning into clown world.

The devs made that statement, regarding red ranks. Your 'nah ah' doesn't change that, so unless you got something more for me, I think our moment is over.

• Weederick
    Options

The devs dont play red ranks. They're asking us longtime players and streamers, on what needs to be changed in red ranks because they are geniune, cute rank 20s. The devs have no clue on red ranks themselves, we are their main source of information. Its balanced when we say its balanced.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349
    Options

Because the game keeps buffing survivors and this is the worst time to be a killer in the game, other than launch when every structure could have two+ pallets and every window being open.

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275
    Options

hahaha nice joke, survivors got more and more nerfed with time. what you talking about buffs?

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

How ? the stats are flawed and they have stated this. which is why they dont make changes solely on kill rates.

Try again.

• xFAKExAxoN
    xFAKExAxoN Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2020
    Options

Not everyone can hit the great skill checks, especially because of this games horrible conection issues, and because old ruin skill checks were designed really badly in the sense that they were really dark/red in an alredy dark game when you (most of the time) have a red generator in the area of the sreen where skill checks appear. Also if I'm not mistaken (which I could be) old ruin's skill checks had no interior color and only the dark red color on the borders so it was harder to spot the diference between a good and a great skill check, so people that tried to get greats (even if they were bad at them) aimed to hit the very end of the space of it and ocassionally miss because of bad timing or connection. Also having multiple people on the same gen when ruin was around was really bad because the regression could stack up at times and you would see a lot of progress dissapear when nobody even missed a skill check

And actually survivors didn't have that much of a problem with ruin until all hexes were buffed to the point where they did preety much the same thing on any level. Like ruin affecting all survivors (unlike before), or noed having the exposed aspect on all levels (unlike before). Honestly most killers lost all interest in leveling up the hexes because the strongest parts of them were already unlocked now from level 1. At least that's what it seems

This is mostly true. Survivors were asking for a ruin nerf in a way. But nobody asked for what the devs did to it. Honestly most people just wanted it to go back to the way it was before the hex buffs. That way people would at least have a reason to level them up, and it wouldn't have shown up as much in matches. I remember that before the hex buff,s ruin was kinda rare to see but it was extremely rare to see it level 1 or 2, because it didn't affect all of the survivors unless it was maxed. So most people would wait until it was maxed before using it

This discussion has been closed.