We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Left Behind should always show the hatch

Bill's perk Left Behind would be infinitely more useful if it always showed you the hatch after it's spawned. Currently it only shows the hatch if you are the last survivor. If necessary, reduce the range.

Comments

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

Swf and key make this idea a little op. One person dies, one gen left, they can find hatch almost immediately with a quick jog.

• TheH3rmanCart3r
    TheH3rmanCart3r Member Posts: 17

No.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Big no for the reasons everyone else said

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

SWF can bring a map though, which is 100 times more effective at finding the hatch AND is very useful in other ways. When you play solo though, sometimes you need to find hatch when the gate is already open and you are being chased, but the last survivors won't leave. Then when they finally leave with like 10 seconds on EGC you have no way to actually search the map for the hatch. Additionally if there are 2 survivors left, you have to wait until the other one dies before you can even use your perk, which means the killer could potentially find the hatch first. The whole point of the perk is to help you find hatch. It won't make a difference to SWF because it's easier to find hatch with multiple people OR by using a map, which you can't use if you are solo with a key.

And yes, keys need a rework in general but that's independent of this perk.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

To be fair, you just answered yourself, solo survivors can also bring maps.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I have also died to the Endgame Countdown due to teammates refusing to leave until they see me safe and sound in the exits with them. I've also died to the Pig's RBT because of this.

My solution (and this also further bridges the gap between solo and SWF) was to have an icon show up on the HUD when a Survivor is close to the hatch (4m?). This wouldn't go as far as SWF telling everyone where the hatch is located, but at least it tells them that they can leave (or tells them to stay until the very last second because the "potatoe" is at the hatch).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2020

This would be good too, however, the problem I had is that they would wait until like 15 seconds to leave and even with Left Behind you don't have time to search the entire map ESPECIALLY with the killer on you.

Except that then I can't bring a key, or find a key with Plunderer's (which is what I do when I run LB). You can only have 1 item at a time, and I can't find a key then go look for the hatch, then go back for the key, then take hatch all in a reasonable time frame, especially during EGC, ESPECIALLY if being chase by the killer.

This change really wouldn't help SWF because in order to actually get use out of it EVERYONE would have to run it. Otherwise you run the risk of the guy with LB being the one that's dead. Again, a Rainbow Map is 100 times more effective at finding the hatch in a group because one person could bring a key and another could bring a map, and they can be swapped around.