Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

any tips to keep playing?

can you know what is being worked on for this huge problem with gen rush? because these latest updates with perk nerf and killer in general is making me want to play it

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,093

They are nerfing toolboxes in the next chapter.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,093
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I hope they don't leave it there though. Most survivors are sensible enough not to bring more than two toolboxes in or risk getting lobby dodged and gen times are too fast even with no toolboxes.

However if survivors are just going to reserve their toolboxes for sabotages, then that will make things worse on those that are almost ready to give up on the role.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Not really a counter to it and afaik there is no such announcement that they plan on nerfing Gen speed. They seem very Survivor biased as it is so it could happen soon or never. Not one of the developers have acknowledged that Gen speeds are a problem and no one has confirmed it's being worked on. The "Toolbox changes" may not even be a nerf. Because they say it has less charges, sure, but it kind of sounds like the upside to that is it helps instantly gain a chunk of Gen progress.

So with that being said, you can either stop playing Killer because it may or may not ever get better or you can continue to play Killer and just deal with it. I myself play Killer every now and then to be as toxic as possible as my way of getting back at the devs.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

You need to focus on other things to prioritize Anti-Genrush.

Using perks like Thanatophobia is good and all, but that's only useful on Killers that're able to keep people injured or put them back into it. Dying Light is somewhat ok to use, but it's not going to evade the issue with good Survivors. Your best option is to honestly use Corrupt Intervention and Pop Goes the Weasel if you REALLY struggle with this issue. Corrupt Intervention will negate any Gen-rush from happening at the start of the game AND it'll give you time to create a snowball by downing people and applying early pressure. It's not a 100% guaranteed thing, but it's something.

PGTW is also useful when paired with Corrupt Intervention, since you can remove 25% progress on any Generator you kick after you hook someone, so you can mitigate more progress being down by continuing the cycle of downing and regressing.

Using Killers like Spirit, Billy, or even Ghostface could help you a lot if you struggle with applying pressure with weaker Killers. If you really want to apply yourself and learn these weaker Killers than you'll have to be more used to the basic and advanced tiles that the game offers to Survivors. I'll link a video below that might be able to help you with that.

here's that video on basic tiles/loops

SIDE-NOTE

Some of the maps here have been reworked or don't show these basic tiles in them, such as the maps that came after like Hawkins and the reworked Lery's which never had these tiles in the first place. Other maps have been released as well like Yamaokas Temple of Wrath, so keep that in-mind when you don't see them in this video. Besides that, the video still covers the basic tiles that you'll find on most maps like Cold-Wind, Macmillian Estate, Azarov's, both Yamaoka maps, some parts of Badham Pre-school, etc.

last bit of details

They're also nerfing, as said above, toolboxes in the next patch. This is to help with the imbalance that a toolbox with BNP can break to the fast acting meta we're not in. They've also said that in the future if Ruin isn't "living up to their expectations" than they plan on beefing it up a bit more to help out with the changes.

Besides that though, no further details have been given on the current meta and any future anti-genrush perks. We know that they don't plan on making anymore gen repair perks that synergize as well as Ruin did, but they've said that it's not impossible that they'll make more of those perks specifically.