Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

disable Autosave nag screen?

Yes I know it's anal, but for a game that frequently crashes, the nag screens on re-launch get on my nerves.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited February 2020

@Red_Dwarf

I don't see anything that lets you disable the autosave in-game. If there was such an option, it would be in the options menu in-game for you to disable and re-enable at anytime.

Since no option exists, it's safe to say the auto-save can't be disabled. Why you'd want to disable it though is odd, since if you crash for example than you might lose a fair bit of save data as a result. The auto-save system ensures this doesn't happen and prevents any harsh progress loss from any unsuspecting crashes.

• Red_Dwarf
    Red_Dwarf Member Posts: 54

Hello, and thank you for replying. I'm fine with the autosave system, in fact I think it's a good idea. My point is, why cant it just do it silently, or notify the player just once? There is a few second delay while the nag screen is displayed, before the actual game loads.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

I don't know, if you just ignore it you'll hardly notice it exists anymore.

A few seconds before the game loads isn't really the end of the world...