End Game Collapse and Hatch ideas

I have a few ideas for the End Game Collapse and Hatch mechanics.

End game collapse should begin upon completion of the final generator. As is, survivors simply 99% gates and ignore the EGC completely. Kind of makes the whole thing pointless yeah? I understand the killer can just open the gate, but usually when I play killer I'm a little busy chasing someone when the last gen pops. Don't really have much time to go and open the gate during a chase.

When there is only one survivor remaining and the killer closes the hatch the entity should claim the survivor, ending the match then and there. I think the final survivor is given too many second chances. Currently If the survivor finds the hatch they escape. If the killer finds the hatch the survivor is given an additional second chance to escape by opening one of the gates. If the final survivor brought or found a key they get the hatch almost guaranteed.

Hatch should no longer spawn during the match. Only when all gens are completed or only one survivor remains. Having survivors 3 gen themselves only to escape through the hatch once one of them dies is just way too powerful and unfair for the killer. Also, If no gens are done and only one survivor remains the entity should automatically claim them. No hatch. Surely someone has to agree with me on this. If the four of you couldn't complete a single gen then no one deserves the hatch. You could possibly extend this to survivors having to complete 2 or 3 gens before a hatch will spawn for the final survivor. With the current state of the game 2 or 3 gens are not that much to ask of four survivors.

What do you guys think? I play both sides and want to see the game become more balanced than it currently is. Playing survivor is way too easy and forgiving right now and would like to see this addressed with some balance changes. I think the hatch and EGC are a good place to start as it wouldn't require much time to implement these changes.

Comments

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    edited February 2020

If the fourth escape with hatch no much problem honestly, the other three are killed. Only problem is with easy istant multy escape key. More than two is broken. Max two surv per key at least, so you need two keys for a full team escape, with cooldown and hard skill check obviously.