The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

ds rework that could work imo

BurnedNoodles
BurnedNoodles Member Posts: 25
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

so i thought of this and i can think my idea can fix the perk and turn it into a TRUE aniti-tunnel perk (idk if someone already thought of this and also if u find something wrong with this please let me know)

.after getting unhooked ds gets activated and stays activate for 60 seconds or until:

1 someone gets downed/hooked (if it were only "hooked" i think it would have a problem since the killer can be in a "2 people on hooks scenario" )

2.hops in a locker or gets grabbed off a gen

while ds is active all the other perks are inactive so no more ds+unbreakable combo(strongest combo in the game imo)

of course some killers wont care about the stun and will target the same person anyway so the ds can have some other effect that will hurt the killer and reduce for example his speed by 5 % (Its an idea) for a limited time of course

also when ds is successfully hit the survivor wont leave any scatchmarks ,sounds and the footsteps will be silenced for a limited time .This way ds will be a true anti tunnel perk so survs wont exploit it and will punish killers for tunneling

let me know if u find something wrong

Comments

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

What your fix does is turn it from anti tunnel perk that can be abused by survivors to antitunnel perk that can be abused by killers...

With the killers i am facing i can already see what they would do if that were implemented. Either just slug or slug down someone and then rehook the first survivor.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

You do get to use it. Just do a gen closest to a killer. He will have to tunnel you

• Archimedes5000
    1. Disabling perks could work, but I dont think ot would help much. The problem with DS is that it can be abused by surviviors, not that it comboes with unbreakable.
    2. Grabs dont work. Especially off gens.
  • DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107

There is a problem with speed reduction. How can killer know the person has ds. What if he accidentally picks up a DS survivor. You can't penalty killer like that. Killer should somehow see who has ds or who recently got unhooked.

• Archimedes5000

And you have Unbreakable or Flip Flop

Also good survivior will hide in a locker or will just do a gen in a place where slugging will not benefit the killer

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

See, thisnisn rework Ds thread, but now you bring up synergy with 3 or 4 hypotheticals equipped.

We could say the killer has infectious fright, surge, and deerstalker, making your survivor perks and location pointless.

Theres always a way to work around or synergize things, but in the context of "either be immune, or be able to be grabbed/slugged off a gen", the latter is an obvious better balance. Without hypothetical synergy.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

DS is fun to play with, make sure you get hooked near the gate, get your friends to unhook you, if they have BT let the killer hit you as they run to the gates, then stop just short of the gates and t-bag like crazy when he picks you up. This shows how bad the killer is </s>

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

In SWFCs make sure at least one of you run it (likely all) so that the killer can't snowball not knowing if 60 seconds have past or if it was you or your identical twin had DS

• Archimedes5000

Interaction with other perks and mechanics is a part of balance, so these things needs to be taken into account too.

There isnt only one way to rework DS. In my opinion, instead of disabling DS in lockers and other stuff like that, we should ensure that DS cant be used while you are not tunneled.

So my idea for DS os like this [things in brackets are optional]

Buff:

1. DS timer is paused while in chase
    2. Skillcheck is removed
    3. [You get 50% haste for 3s after stun, like SB]

Nerf:

DS is disabled (ignores the timer) as soon as:

1. You start performing an action (except vaulting and actions like recovering, mending, etc)
    2. Another DS activates
    3. You are the last person not dead/hooked/downed
    4. [You are caught in a Bear Trap]
    5. 2 other people get downed (-30 seconds per down)
  • Raven9
    Raven9 Member Posts: 298

Sorry, but unfortunately there will be no such thing. With the patch 3.6.0, the maps will be resized and safe places will be less. Especially for hard tunnel and camp, unfortunately does not punish enough. I know why this eats nerf, but with this going it will surely be reinstated because the killers insist on not getting it off the ground.

I think it's too early to discuss this issue right now. Wait 1-2 weeks after the 3.6.0 update arrives, then revive this issue.

• Archimedes5000

Who said anything about reaizing maps in 3.6.0?

I only heard about new chapter and that there WILL be breakable walls in every map sometime later.

Also I dont think my nerf idea would change if maps get resized, right now DS is a fairly strong, no effort required perk, just like NOED. Both of them need to be changed to be fair, no matter what.

• Raven9

The newly released map is not in the 128-meter area. Decisive strike is not strong because they are waiting for the time to expire.

I was rescued from the hook, I fell again, the killer does not lift me off the ground, my right to decisive strike is full, the killer lifts me off the ground and hangs on the hook. Do you think this is strong?

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

By the time the killer strikes the unhooker, the killer has a potential chance at hooking another survivor.

• Archimedes5000

Killers dont have any special way of waiting out DS.

Its just plain, normal slugging. And slugging has many counters.

If killer is slug camping you, then your team can do gens in the meantime. You can also use Flip Flop for better chance of escaping. If the killer just slugs you and leaves you alone, then you can crawl away and hide, then get picked up by a teammate. You can also use Unbreakable to not waste your teams time.

I agree that slugging DS is not fair, but unfortunately there is no way to make slugging DS user impossible, without creating another abdomination like the current DS

• Raven9

As I said, it is too early to discuss this issue yet and this is true for swf. When I enter alone, my team looks for a hole to hide like a cowardly chicken.

• BurnedNoodles
    edited March 2020

ive seen this argument too many times all i have to say is that why is the survivor with ds down in the first place

my problem with ds is this one:u hook someone u go full map away and chase somebody else in the meantime the hooked survivor gets unhooked and at somepoint u down the guy u were chasing and hook him so ur 100 not tunneling the first survivor but u find the first guy and down him and still get dsed thats my frustration with this perk. "either they just slug someone and then rehook the first rehook the first survivor" why is the ds survivor on the ground it can only be because someone might have farmed him off the hook in fornt of the killer . ur scenario with my change would sound like this imo : the survivor gets unhooked near the killer and he tries to punish it and slugs the ds survivor and then chases the unhooker who for some reason goes down really fast (he can be outpositioned with biily for example but thats why u dont farm with him)and then rehooks the guy so its still tunneling OR the guy didnt farm him and the killer show up he tunnels the survivor ,downs him and switches targets and again for some reason the unhooker or someone else get downed really fast THIS TIME they have no excuse for going down really fast since the killer tunneled and chased the ds guy and they had enough time to get to a loop all i see in those "new ds " scenario all only survivors mistakes and my idea tries to punish them all u could again say some other scenario i might have overlooked and change my mind

Edit:after some comments i found a scenario that can ######### over survivors . guy gets unhooked and another guy gets downed so the ds deactivated thats bs since the killer can tunnel that guy so maybe adding a 10-15 seconds timer where ds is invulnerable and nothing can deactivate it no mather what will do and then the 60 seconds timer activates (that can stop of course for the reasons ive mentioned in my original post)

• BurnedNoodles

its true it can happen in a scenario where all survivors have the same or almost the same skin (prob a swf) there a lot of things that can be added for example a name tag next to a downed survivor so he would know who got unhooked and who didnt

• BurnedNoodles

maybe adding a 15 seconds timer where ds is invulnerable and cannot deactivate no mather what

• BurnedNoodles

the killer had to wait 60 seconds so he could pick you up that time is so important 2 gens and get done in that time