The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Perk Idea | "Hex: Destruction"

Godot
Godot Member Posts: 806
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hex: Destruction

This is probably the most insane idea I have ever had and in my opinion it would be an unfair game changer, for the Survivors at least. Do note, I haven't seen this idea anywhere yet nor have I tried to find an idea like this anywhere.

"A totem burns in the Entity's realm, filled with unimaginable power.

The Hex is active from the start of the trial and can be cleansed, but becomes usable when 2/3/4 generators are fully repaired. After that a timer of 30 seconds will start. During this time you are able to kick one of the working generators to disable it and causing it to regress from 80%/65%/50% completion."

As ridiculous as this is, I'd say it would be an interesting mechanic to screw up one of the completed generators, and Survivors would definitely have a hard time.

Could a perk like this be balanced? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

The only change i would make is the tiering of when it becomes usable. Either 4/3/2 or flat 3.

• Godot

I was going to make it flat 3 but the only reason I made it 2/3/4 is because this perk would be more annoying late game, in my opinion at least. But all in all it doesn't exactly matter.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I mean, if it becomes usable only after 4 gens instead of 2 it means it could get cleansed in that time

• ViciousRaptor
    ViciousRaptor Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2020

No. Just no. For starters, why would a perk like this actually get worse when you rank it up? At 4 gens being done (and it probably wouldn't be up by then, let's be real) you only get a 50% regression? Makes zero sense.

Let's assume you got that wrong and the numbers are reversed, the perk activates once 4/3/2 gens are repaired and a kick causes them to regress by 50/65/80%. What are the trigger conditions, besides the Hex staying up? "After that", after what, exactly? Once the 4th/3rd/2nd generator is repaired? It's horrible.

And on top of that it also has a 30 seconds timer to use it.. for most killers, this alone would make it unusable as it's simply not feasible for them to walk to a generator (one that has been repaired, so probably WAY out of your patrol route), but say you're in a chase with a survivor when this thing procs. What then?

It's terrible. PGTW does the same thing but way better in every possible way:

-it's not bound to a hex

-can be used regardless of how many gens have been repaired

-although it's only 25%, IT'S NOT A ONCE PER MATCH, sorry about the caps but I feel like this is a huge one

-you have some control on when and how you get to use it, since it activates once you hook a survivor

-it's a lot more likely to be not only useful but actually useable, since it's got a 60s timer

-when you get to use it, you're likely to pressure survivors who are currently repairing and to start a chase right away, whereas by kicking a repaired generator (which you can't even track properly since you don't see their auras btw) you'd have to walk somewhere you're very unlikely to find survivors at.

EDIT: missed the part where you said this could be used on a repaired gen, corrected the reply accordingly.

• Godot

The whole point for the perk would be to be able to kick a generator that is already complete.

I don't mind any suggestions or ideas to make it better though. Sure it might sound useless if the Survivors are too good and manage to repair another generator in time, but what gives? Everything has a positive and negative side.

PGTW only works on working generators and when you hook people, no?

Besides, imagine being able to kick a working generator to turn it off. Late game, this would be annoying but that's kind of the reason for the perk.

• ViciousRaptor

Yeah I noticed after posting and edited my reply. Doesn't change much, as you'd have to go out of your way to kick a repaired gen (GL finding one in maps like Hawkin's Lab). Even if this was after every gen pops, it would still be mediocre at best. Sure it might make people hesitant about finishing a generator in your face, but the fact you have no control over it and might end up being straight up useless alongside the fact it's a Hex and could be gone 30 seconds into the game would make it a waste of a perk slot in most games imho.

• ViciousRaptor

Yeah I noticed after posting and edited my previous one. Doesn't change much though, the perk would still be useless, as you'd have to go out of your way to kick a repaired gen most of the times (GL finding one on maps like Hawkin's Lab). Even if this triggered after every gen repair (except for the last one, for balance reasons), it would still be mediocre at best. Sure you'd be able to punish people who finish a generator under your nose, but it'd be something that happens every once in a while, it'd be unusable most of the games, especially since it's a Hex too, so there's a fair chance it would still end up doing nothing at all before it even has a chance to activate.

• Godot

Things can be changed to make the idea better, as I said. Perhaps revealing the aura of completed generators would help. Or maybe make it a regular perk instead of a Hex one.

As a Survivor main myself, I would find it frustrating if my team is bad and suddenly instead of 3 generators remaining, it says 4 again because of the perk.

• ViciousRaptor

I play both sides equally lately and:

-as killer, I wouldn't use a perk as situational as this one in a million years, it's clunky and unreliable imho

-as survivor, I wouldn't mind it too much, since killers who play it will be running around with 3 perks most of the times and the outcome of that one in a million time where it actually works isn't that bad, compared to say Devour Hope which usually results in the game heavily shifting in killer's favor

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I've thought about an idea like this, but I wouldn't have made it a Hex perk. It basically makes it a way more feast/famine version of Pop Goes the Weasel. I'd rather it not be tied to a hex and the numbers be reduced accordingly.