Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it worth it?

I've been a FTP player since discovering it in the Microsoft Store & I have been enjoying it, although there are a few killers I don't like going up against.

I don't put hours on end into it either.

I've been using the Doctor & Hillbilly & do ok sometimes, got a few 4k's, struggle other times. So is it worthwhile paying for anymore content?

Best Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Answer ✓

None of the killers are really OP - you could make an argument for one of two of them (not Ghost Face) being too powerful, perhaps, but mostly it comes down to knowing how to counter them. That's why killers tend to have higher kill rates at lower ranks, not because they're really powerful but just because new survivors don't know how to counter them properly.

As for perk choice, it doesn't matter which survivor you're playing as far as your build goes because the only difference between the survivors is their appearance and their voice. If the only reason you're interested in buying DLC is for perks, and you're happy enough with what you've already got, I would advise you to save up shards and buy DLC perks from the Shrine of Secrets instead.

Answers

• NecroGoatLord
    NecroGoatLord Member Posts: 34

Cheers mate.

• NecroGoatLord

I think it's more a point of I really need to learn the advanced things like what perks to use with which survivors, items, offerings etc... same with the Killer's, I've got 2 Moris for Doctor but figure I don't struggle with him, usually 2 sacrifices a match which I'm happy with, so why use a Mori?

I went against a Ghostface yesterday who downed me with 1 hit, hooked me, I got rescued got about 10 meters from the hook before he downed me again with 1 hit then Mori'd me. I can see Ghostface isn't OP at all hahaha

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@NecroGoatLord There is one thing I would have you know regarding DLC acquisition in Dead by Daylight. For the older chapters, unique outfits are available only for those who buy the chapter. So, if you want the casual Feng, or Tuxedo Ace set you'll need to purchase their respective chapters. This being said, the "Spark of Madness" chapter is the only chapter I can recall having truly special cosmetics for both killer and survivor. After the Clown's release the special cosmetics have all been recolored existing items not worth the attention.

• NecroGoatLord

Cosmetics don't matter all that much to me, it's not like they improve the characters utility. That said I did equip the shocking skin & weapon for Doc.

• NecroGoatLord

For me any killer that can do a 1 hit down is OP. If all killers can do it then fair enough but once a killer is able to do more damage because of a passive or active ability that makes them OP in my mind.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Usually there is a balance to it - all killers with one-hit downs, excluding any add-on related benefits, fall into one or both of the following categories:

• Their power is time-limited and/or they have to build it up before they can use it (Myers, Ghostface, Oni - in Ghostface's case, survivors can even negate his one-shot ability completely 90% of the time just by being aware of their surroundings)
    • Their power is easily dodgable and/or difficult to control (Hillbilly, Cannibal)

Of the generally accepted top 5 strongest killers, only one of them has a one-hit down (Hillbilly), and his status as a strong killer is mainly because of his mobility, not his attacks. As a counterexample, the Cannibal, who can one-shot multiple survivors at once, is considered by most to be among the weakest killers in the game. I'm not saying you're wrong to think the way you do, but with more experience in the game you may come to understand why one-shots aren't considered by many to be that much of a problem.

That being said, this is getting very off-topic, and this section of the forums isn't really meant for lengthy discussions anyway. If you want to discuss one-shots as a mechanic, I'd encourage you to make a new thread about it in somewhere like General Discussions 🙂

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

It depends who you're as a player, some people love cosmetics, exclusive cosmetics, etc, while others see not point to them such as yourself. That's the beauty of cosmetics, entirely optional but not game-breaking or beneficial.