Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Deathslinger movement speed while aiming

justme26
justme26 Member Posts: 11

Does Deathslinger slow down while aiming or does he stay at 110% ?

Best Answer

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

@justme26

He slows down, that's why the add-on "Wanted Poster" exists.

The Wanted Poster gives a +10% boost to movement speed while aiming (as the DBD Wiki says), how fast he moves while aiming is... maybe 100%? 95%? It doesn't feel slower than Pigs crouch m/s, but it's definitely slower than his base Movement speed. The DBD Wiki unfortunately doesn't have an answer for this question either, unless I missed it.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

Unfortunately, you did miss it. On the Movement Speeds article, you can find a nice table where all his movement speeds are listed, including that when aiming down sights: 0,75 x his normal movement speed - 82,5%; 3.3 m/s.

• FichteHiro
    edited March 2020

Np. I agree with you that it's a bit tricky to find this article, but pretty sure they do have links to this page, not many though. The main reason for the article being a bit hidden compared to others is the used formatting. I'm not the one who decides how the Wiki looks like, but I have to stick to the determined formatting.

I can see if we can do something to facilitate the access to the page, which I agree is a bit difficult at the moment.

However, I don't think you should conclude the Wiki doesn't have an answer for the question without asking someone or thoroughly searching through the articles. Saying "I didn't find an answer on the Wiki" would be more appropriate in this case.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

I'll keep that in-mind then, despite the fact that I looked into it on other sources as well, they also didn't yield much information since it's a day 1 release... I either have to go on the DBD Wiki to get an answer, go to our outdated/unreliable sources, or get the information myself in-game, which somehow finds its way on the DBD Wiki after...?

I've talked to you in the past about information being incorrect or wrong on the Wiki, it's not intended as a side-jab to the "incompetence" of the writers themselves, it's just an ending comment that I leave and that's all. Again, I appreciate the DBD Wikis constant research that's put out for us to use, but my comment "It isn't easy to find" is quite reasonable, which you even said yourself at the start of your reply.

Also, I concluded that they didn't have an answer because the link to that page is hidden under a piece of text that says "movement speed" in caleb's side description, so it's really easy to conclude that answer as a result. I now know about this page, which i'm thankful for, but you must understand that concluding that answer was due to the link being fairly hidden, since I did triple check before concluding said answer above.

• FichteHiro
    edited March 2020

I see where you're coming from, it is in fact a bit tricky to find this page. However, my point is, you shouldn't really conclude the Wiki doesn't have an answer if you didn't look everything up.

I really care about what Community members think about the Wiki, hence why I try to address all issues that are being pointed out by the Community. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the Wiki or information on it, contact me on Discord or Steam (they can be found on my user profile on the Wiki https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/UserProfile:FichteHiro0202) and I'll do everything in my power to answer the question or address the issue.

We are humans after all, and not Devs, so we don't really have any way to confirm data not gotten from the visible game is accurate. My whole point is, if you have a question or a suggestion, please let me know and we'll discuss it. Complaining about it with other people doesn't really help, you know.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

Ok but you're not understanding that if I can't find this link than I can't exactly tell if there was an answer to begin with, hence why the conclusion was made. The link was well hidden to begin with, so unless I had prior knowledge to it's existence (like you do since you work with the DBD wiki), which I didn't, than it's easy to not know it was there. Sorry if that comes off as mean (not trying to be mean), i'm just explaining that there's a reason why I made that conclusion.

I appreciate the link, i'll be sure to make use of it if there's a need to. I'd like to reiterate that nobody was complaing here, all I did was point out that the information wasn't easily accessible and that's all, I don't understand why you draw that conclusion each time we talk.

With that out of the way, thank you for all your hard work. I do understand that you're only human and I do appreciate your work, thanks for putting time into the DBD Wiki for players like us to use.

• FichteHiro

It's not your fault, the page is indeed hard to find. I'm not blaming you for concluding there was no answer on the Wiki, I would also think so if I were in your position. My point is, to prevent such misunderstandings from happening in the future, just tell me in case you are unsure about whether or not the wiki has certain information on it.

What I meant by "complaining" is continuously telling users in the Forums that something on the Wiki is wrong in a slightly destructive way when you could just come up to a Wiki Admin and inform them about your concerns. Again, I don't blame you because you probably didn't know who to contact. Finally, like I said, if you are concerned about anything regarding the Wiki, let me know.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

You're right, I didn't have anyone to contact prior to this post, but now I do.

I'll be sure to let you know if something is wrong, and/or not present in the future. If I don't than I probably forgot, i'm only human too of course. I'll forward it to Fibijean if she's interested as well.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

I found the speeds table a year ago just googling "dbd speed wiki".

The link: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Movement_Speeds

But, wow! Now that page is waaay more detailed.

• FichteHiro
    edited March 2020

Hey, Doc just changed the Character infobox so that it has a link to the Movement Speed article. Now it should be easier to find.

But it's true this page used to be very simple and didn't have such a vast quantity of information on it. The Interactions page also has some number values on it for further reference, they are mostly not related to movement speeds though.

• FireHazard

That's good to hear, thank you for letting me know about this change. Also thank you for changing it in-general, now it should be easier to find for others as well.