Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Perk for doctor

Médico
Médico Member Posts: 13

I'm kind of undecided about perks for the doctor, so I decide to come here, if you can help me on what are the best perks for the doctor, I would be grateful.

Answers

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

It comes down to personal preference really. I know that in general Shadownborn III makes it easier for me to aim my shock therapy, but that's just me.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

Can't go too wrong with Distressing. The Doctor is one of the few killers that benefits from a larger Terror Radius thanks to Static Blast.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Most Doctors just run something standard like Ruin, Distressing, Enduring, and Brutal Strength.

You can mix it up by swapping Enduring and Brutal Strength with Nurse's Calling and Sloppy Butcher, but his overall passive detection makes having Nurse's Calling not necessary, so just keep Enduring and swap Brutal for Sloppy Butcher, just to add more time to healing.

If you want to mix it up even more, than you can try the Ruin + Survelliance combo and than add Enduring with Distressing, Distressing is really good on The Doctor since it gives his Static Blast a boost, but you can also get spicy with this and switch Enduring out for Dark Devotion. Apparently when you give the obsession your Terror Radius (since that's what DD does when you hit them), you can Static Blast and the blast will come out of the obsession instead. I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but give it a try if you're interested.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I've tried Dark Devotion in PTB but haven't really gotten around to trying it since the Doctor's changes went live. I can confirm from that DD does come from the Obsession while active. I'm less sure if the Obsession themselves is affected by the Static Blast that comes from them.

Either way it's a fun perk to use with the Doctor since I imagine TR hiding perks aren't commonly seen on him.

• Kuudere1
    Kuudere1 Member Posts: 20

Might help the current playstyle for doctor, but as a pre-rework Doctor main who is trying to continue with him again, perks that stretch his radius such as Distressing were a must-have for me. Along with the perk that reduces the time of recovery after attacks, and a perk with a speed boost for general movement, like one of the Myers perks. Finally, depending on what you want to strengthen, like your ability to track or to be an offensive force, you can chose a Freddie perk that increases the time to open the gates, a Plague perk that makes survivors near someone downed scream, or the crow perk that allows people to be seen within feet of you if they disturb a crow, the tinkerer perk that allows one to receive a sound notification for 85% gens, the perk that allows reduced stun time, and the perk that allows reduced time to open lockers or a reduced time to break pallets...or the Legion perk that allows people to escape lockers with a broken status effect...those are all good to add for game-changers to strengthen your build. Oh, and did I mention the perk that uses up people's items when they're within your terror radius? So many perks work well on the doctor due to the great terror radius abilities he has. Once you know where someone is, you now just gotta get to them fast or make sure you can down them fast. Remember that, and try to us perks that help that. Good luck. And I love the doctor! Hail Herman Carter!

(Newer perks I'm not too aware of, but those I listed are from the Plague and Legion times of release, and older, and have been extremely helpful for my Doctor builds. I experimented with a lot, and changed my builds upon changes to my levels and needs. So yeah. Hence all the goddamned perk suggestions. 🤭🤓😉)

• FireHazard

The obsession being affected i'm not sure of, if the Static Blast applies to all Survivors it hits than I think it's safe to say it does, but for a 100% confirmed answer I don't know.

It's fun to use though, it's like strapping a static blast to them that you can detonate anytime you want, as long as DD is still active. I can already imagine a Survivor being hit with DD, going to his teammates and than having a Static Blast apply to all of them at once, it's a pretty neat trick tbh.

• Kuudere1

Are you aware of how it helps? I just need some tips on using it and also on aiming my shock therapy too. If you know exactly what it does to help your aim, that would be helpful.

• FireHazard

I would assume the increased FOV makes it easier to spot where a Survivor will go, but he also said it's helpful for him so... to others it might not be.

Increasing your FOV doesn't 100% make it easier to aim, that entirely depends on you guessing where they'll go in the loop itself. It takes practice to figure out where a Survivor naturally goes in a loop or where they don't to avoid the obvious shock therapy blasts, so you need to be aware of this when in a chase. If a Survivor knows you'll shock at a pallet, than you need to size up the Survivor to guess if they fall for that or not, if they don't, than you need to shock where they will go AFTER you shock at a pallet, hopefully that makes sense.

• Kuudere1

It does. Thanks so much :> Any good tips on how to maximize the doctor's offensive strength? Shocking physically disables a person temporarily, and it tends to not help me kill as often as I want :c Hence my experimentation with perks. I'm guessing an instadown perk would help? Or a bunch of them? Especially moris.

• FireHazard

It depends what you're comfortable with.

If you don't mind using a mori than yes, that could help you out with pressure, but in my honest opinion it's not entirely needed. Shock Therapy is just used to stop people from vaulting or dropping pallets, that's about it, doing so gives you the chance to easily down them as a result. It also boosts their Madness level which can disable their progress until they "Snap Out of It" at Tier lll madness.

Static Blast is just an AOE that gives you spacial awareness, it doesn't really do anything offensively for the most part. But if you need perks, you should try something like Ruin, Surveillance, Enduring, and Brutal Strength. Brutal Strength creates more deadzones on the map by breaking pallets 20% faster, while Enduring lets you barrel through pallets without the worry of a long stun.

Ruin and Surveillance are good for tracking and disabling Generators when you're nearby, and Survivors usually leave a Generator when your presence is known, so that also helps you know that someone is nearby without the use of Static Blast. If you want to get creative than you can try using Sloppy Butcher instead of Brutal Strength, this wastes even more time for the Survivors that need to constantly heal after every hit, which gives you more time to down other Survivors and apply more pressure.

You can also use Nurse's Calling instead of Enduring, just so you get that Sloppy + Nurse's combo, but you already have an easy time detecting Survivors so... it's not really needed. You could try swapping Ruin for Corrupt Intervention, and Surveillance for Devour Hope. Without Ruin it's harder to detect Survivors when Static Blast is on cool-down, but it makes it a lot easier to down Survivors once you hit 3 stacks on Devour Hope. Most Doctors use Ruin though, probably because it's really helpful when you think about how The Doctor works in-general.

Here's a video you might be interested in on basic tiles/loops

This video can help you get used to the most basic tiles in-game, and it can even give you an idea on where to shock as a Killer to avoid pallets and windows from being used!

[SIDE-NOTE]

Some of the maps in this video have been reworked, or don't show these basic tiles in them. Newer maps such as Hawkins National Laboratory, Sanctum of Wrath, and Dead Dawg Saloon are also not present in this video. This video goes over several basic tiles that still exist in Dead By Daylights most prominent maps, any and all information from this guide is still useful for review. Please keep in mind that this video goes over the most common tiles that you'll find in Dead By Daylight, it's not a review about the maps themselves.

• Kuudere1

Thanks. Sloppy Butcher would be amazing with Overwhelming presence, I believe. What do you think about BBQ and Chili in such a build, and Make Your Choice to complement it, from the Pig?

Thanks for the resources ~

• Kuudere1

Wow. Best places to shock. Man, that's broken! Thanks. Can't wait to educate myself with that video :3

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Distressing, Coulrophobia, BBQ and Chili, Sloppy Butch

You can substitute BBQ if you don't need to see them due to passive screams with Unnerving Presence