Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer tips for new map?

Tro
Tro Member Posts: 223

New map seems very survivor sided to me. It’s big, with plenty of strong loops, vaults and pallets. I’ve only played ~5 matches on it so maybe it will be better once I know it more.

How are other rank 1 killers dealing with it?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Tro

I'm fine on it personally, the maps a decent size with a lot of options and route to choose from. I disagree that plenty of the loops are strong, as some of the loops are indeed strong, while others are very small in comparison.

It also doesn't help that the tiles that make up the loops are new and confusing, some some of them are perceived as strong, while some of them are quite standard. You also have the option to break through several of the loops walls to make it easier to chase around, so it's only natural you'd confused.

The best advice I can give is to chase how normally would, say around several of the basic loops, get a feel for how the map is design and such, break the shacks breakable wall to make it a lot easier to chase around, and eventually you'll get used to it. The main building doesn't offer much in terms of broken loops, so I wouldn't worry about that either. The layout is kind of confusing sometimes, but you can eventually get used to it.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Personally the map is great on Deathslinger, and I can imagine anyone who mains Nurse loving this map.

Loops are mostly balanced, with the streets having a survivor sided one. The main building can be looped by survivors if they play it right and balanced landing is a great perk on this map.

The deathslinger is amazing on this map, especially that you can shoot through the railings in the Dead Dawg Salloon. Many loops also work great with his power.

The only problem I have is that the hatch will nearly always spawn on the streets (similar to Badham preschool) making it so that if you're not prepared the other side is.

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223

The biggest problem I’ve found is the small square building that has a staircase into a vault, that thing can be looped forever.

The upstairs saloon gen is super safe, it’s essentially a free gen.

Trapper, huntress and Deathslinger might be ok but any other killer I’m lucky to get a 2k on that map.

The breakable wall loops are strong until you break the walls, pretty much forcing you to break them or loop forever.

• FireHazard

Well you can break the breakable walls in the saloon to make it easier to access, on it's own it's pretty safe.

Same with shack, you can either play shack normally or break a wall and make it a lot easier. That's the idea behind the mechanic, spend some time to break a wall and the loop becomes a lot more easy.

I think I know what you're talking about with the small square building, that loop is kinda meh, since you can drop down from the platform by either vaulting or jumping in one of the holes, so it's an ok loop, I wouldn't say it's an infinite or anything. You can try mind-gaming it with moonwalking, see how that goes.

With all that being said, the map is still fairly new, so give it some time before you're fully convinced.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Can shoot thru the railings??? I tried that sometimes, and didnt get it. Good to know.

• FireHazard

Needs to be done through the gaps in the railing itself, you can do this on a lot of loops, even the crane loop in Azarov's.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Destroy all breakable wall, especially if survivor abuse loop the saloon.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

Sadly Brutal Strength doesn't help with this since breaking walls takes time, that's why it should be done at the start of the game or tactically in a chase.

I know you didn't mention Brutal Strength, but my main point is that breaking the walls takes up time.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

I know. Personally I prefer to do it when I can, and when I think I can take the risk to lose time doing it. Because I know it will help me next during chasing a survivor good on doing loops.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

That's the general idea when breaking the breakable walls, doing it in a chase will just give the Survivor enough time to run away from the loop entirely.

Doing it during the start of the match or during downtime is the best way to work around the time loss. It's most beneficial when you do it after someone is hooked, since it prepares you for the next foreseeable chase at that loop.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited March 2020

1st point: Ditch the saloon gen. That has so many breakable walls that need to be broken it's pointless to try.

2nd: look for the closest cluster of gens. Guard that general area.

3rd: Break the wall on the shack when you can, as well as break some in the other buildings when you can. Sometimes you don't need to, sometimes you do. It's a play by play thing.

Plague, Deathslinger, and Huntress are all good on this map just because of how open it is. Plague's spit can reach the upper level of the saloon, and Huntress can do very well in the open section of the map.

• FireHazard

I agree with the saloon part, breaking walls in that building isn't really needed, the only issue that loop brings is facing BL users and going around it in-general.

Otherwise, you have plenty of spots to get to the gen, you even have a doorway you can walk straight to without issue. To be honest, if you're the Trapper and have Bear-Traps in that building than it's fairly easy to trap someone upstairs.

The rest of what you said is pretty accurate.

• Raven014

Well, I'm just going off my general experience with it so far... mostly as the Deathslinger (90% of my games ever since I got him with shards has been as him). That building is a nightmare to go through, since there are at least 2 walls that must be broken to shorten those from infinites to manageable. The one next to the window at the back (opposite the street), and the window on the side facing the wall.

Those two must be broken if you want to work with that building. Otherwise it's way too safe. But thats from my experience on Xbox. Perhaps PC is better and I don't realize it.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

Well the loop is still fairly new, so not many players know how to utilize it to it's fullest potential yet.

With that being said, it really depends on who you're facing to be honest. If the Survivor isn't a "god" for example, than breaking the walls isn't really needed. If they're in-face a "pro" than it's in your best interest to break them. That's what the breakable wall option really boils down to, but I personally would prefer this choice to not be necessary for more skilled Survivors.

But the mechanic is still new and being monitored, so of course it's not yet refined for every map or scenario yet.

• Raven014

That's true I suppose...

Until I find a better way I'm just staying away from the building.

• FireHazard