Thoughts On Killers

DaMostWanted786
DaMostWanted786 Member Posts: 11
edited August 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've been playing Dead By Daylight, courtesy of PlayStation Plus, and have been enjoying the game with friends! What we all have come to find is that** the Killers are just too powerful**! I get the aspect of stealth and hiding and outmaneuvering, however, when we are being chased, it's inevitable for us to get caught. Playing this game feels like the common Hollywood movie scenario; all the victims are pretty much powerless against the killer.

It would be great to have the ability to counter the killer via more weapons to defend with (aside from the flashlight), a boost to character sprint speed, fewer hooks, and more pallets! Adding to that, it would be great if there were some slight **increase in characters skills. Such as longer sabotage hook time for jake, give Meg slightly faster sprint speed over characters, etc. **

As for the killers, when they camp by hooked players, maybe make it so that whenever the killer is close by, make the bleed out time longer, and also decrease the killers attack range to make it easier!
Any players, what are your thoughts on this?
As for you developers, are these updates possible? Why or why not?** Not asking to make the survivors more powerful, but give us a slight advantage! WE'RE DYING OUT HERE!!! :'(

Post edited by DaMostWanted786 on

Comments

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

@lasombra1979 said:
    Yeah this is going to end up well.

In the lower ranks, killers do typically manhandle survivors. As you get more experience with the game and better perks, the scales are much more in the survivors favor, esp if you are running SWF. As this issue has been debated many times in these forums already, I will not go into too much detail on all the arguements. I suggest reading some of the threads on this topic.

That said, I highly doubt you will see those changes you want in the game.

Thankfully someone answered honestly, because if new people or 20 ranks complain about the game because the killers "are very strong" if you make changes for them, officially those who have many hours in the game is a suicide xD

• DaMostWanted786

I see and that would make more sense as to why we've encountered more smarter killers. My ranks are; Player LVL 20. Survivor Rank 17, and my Jake is level 44. I'll definitely look into these threads. I hope these changes are incorporated into the game. If not, best case is to look up survivors tips on YouTube haha!

• DaMostWanted786

@Th3Nightmare oh lmao I'm rank 20. Let's hope they dont make the changes then :P

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It is harder to play Survivor at lower ranks, but as play the game more and increase in rank, you'll find that it's much easier to play Survivor than Killer.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited August 2018

@SnakeSound222 said:
    It is harder to play Survivor at lower ranks, but as play the game more and increase in rank, you'll find that it's much easier to play Survivor than Killer.

Ranks between 16 and 20 practically don't exist anymore. You go through a few good games, rocketing through ranks if you're doing good and the Killer is #########, and you're suddenly into Rank 15 with Killers who have intentionally deranked to stomp the new players fresh out the 16-20 zone.
    And then there was a Rank Reset literally yesterday or some time around that.
    BHVR need to make more changes to how ranking works because players who started playing DBD with PS+ this month are getting stomped like crazy by Killers who belong in Rank 1.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Is this a serious threat?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@DaMostWanted786 said:
    As for the killers, when they camp by hooked players, maybe make it so that **whenever the killer is close by, make the bleed out time longer, and also decrease the killers attack range to make it easier!

The developers tried out the longer bleed out timer if the killer is close in a PTB once. It was exploited as ######### by survivors, so they removed it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited August 2018

@DaMostWanted786 said:
    I've been playing Dead By Daylight, courtesy of PlayStation Plus, and have been enjoying the game with friends! What we all have come to find is that** the Killers are just too powerful**! I get the aspect of stealth and hiding and outmaneuvering, however, when we are being chased, it's inevitable for us to get caught. Playing this game feels like the common Hollywood movie scenario; all the victims are pretty much powerless against the killer.

It would be great to have the ability to counter the killer via more weapons to defend with (aside from the flashlight), a boost to character sprint speed, fewer hooks, and more pallets! Adding to that, it would be great if there were some slight **increase in characters skills. Such as longer sabotage hook time for jake, give Meg slightly faster sprint speed over characters, etc. **

As for the killers, when they camp by hooked players, maybe make it so that whenever the killer is close by, make the bleed out time longer, and also decrease the killers attack range to make it easier!
    As for you developers, are these updates possible? Why or why not?** Not asking to make the survivors more powerful, but give us a slight advantage! WE'RE DYING OUT HERE!!! :'(

As a beginner that you are, that is the only time you can enjoy the game. it actually feels like an horror game as you described, you are playing a victim and it feels like that. Enjoy it as long as it stays that way.

Sadly that changes once you gain more experience and the whole game turns into a clownfiesta. A competent survivor being able to 1vs1 you....

Hook camping wont be punished, devs tried that already and survivors abused it heavily.

I strongly suggest you try ranking up as killer and you will gain an deeper understanding of the game, realizing that survivors actually are the powerrole for some reason (ridiculous, isnt it?)

• DaMostWanted786

@SnakeSound222 said:

Got ya mate, I just completed a match in a 1v1 situation, escaped through the hatch with premonition LVL 2, that helped a BUNCH!!

• DaMostWanted786

@Judgement said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

Ranks between 16 and 20 practically don't exist anymore. You go through a few good games, rocketing through ranks if you're doing good and the Killer is #########, and you're suddenly into Rank 15 with Killers who have intentionally deranked to stomp the new players fresh out the 16-20 zone.
    And then there was a Rank Reset literally yesterday or some time around that.
    BHVR need to make more changes to how ranking works because players who started playing DBD with PS+ this month are getting stomped like crazy by Killers who belong in Rank 1.

Dang, would make sense as to why these killers are SO GOOD lol but hey, my friends and I are taking this as a learning experience, we know what to expect through different types of killers and play accordingly.

• DaMostWanted786

@Wolf74 said:
    Is this a serious threat?

lmao not sure what you meant by that :pirate:

• DaMostWanted786

@se05239 said:

@DaMostWanted786 said:
    As for the killers, when they camp by hooked players, maybe make it so that **whenever the killer is close by, make the bleed out time longer, and also decrease the killers attack range to make it easier!

The developers tried out the longer bleed out timer if the killer is close in a PTB once. It was exploited as [BAD WORD] by survivors, so they removed it.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you meant here?

• DaMostWanted786
    edited August 2018

@Master said:

@DaMostWanted786 said:

As a beginner that you are, that is the only time you can enjoy the game. it actually feels like an horror game as you described, you are playing a victim and it feels like that. Enjoy it as long as it stays that way.

Sadly that changes once you gain more experience and the whole game turns into a clownfiesta. A competent survivor being able to 1vs1 you....

Hook camping wont be punished, devs tried that already and survivors abused it heavily.

I strongly suggest you try ranking up as killer and you will gain an deeper understanding of the game, realizing that survivors actually are the powerrole for some reason (ridiculous, isnt it?)

I got ya! My friends and I aren't taking this game too seriously... yet haha we are genuinely enjoying it for now! We are having some great laughs and awesome moments! Making over-dramatic sounds when we're on hooks, laughing our heads off as we make our escapes, constantly shite talk the killer (even tho he can't hear us), and of course enjoying ourselves. got this game with my high school friends so its been a great ride so far!

I'll take your word on that, I'll play as the killer more and let my friends know as well :) And totally get where you're coming from when you say that the survivors are the powerrole! I was just telling my friend, depending on how we play, we factor in whether we get caught or not. Using my stealth skills from the MGS games ;)

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    I agree
    Killers shouldn't be able to move.
  • DaMostWanted786

@yeet said:
    I agree

Lmao this guy

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@yeet said:
    I agree

Lmao this guy

Now you know how i feel about your posts.
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446

@se05239 said:

@DaMostWanted786 said:

The developers tried out the longer bleed out timer if the killer is close in a PTB once. It was exploited as [BAD WORD] by survivors, so they removed it.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you meant here?

It means they tried your idea and it failed. Survivors abused it.
  • Succubuzz
    Succubuzz Member Posts: 18

@DaMostWanted786 said:

i am sorry, but this post clearly shows how new you are to the game.
    The game is incredibly survivor sided, once you learn the ropes.

Get better at the game, and maybe you will eventually see why the killers are not at all overpowered, and in fact, it's only the top 1% of killers you really have to fear.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

I agree, killers absolutely dominate at low ranks. But when you get 1k+ hours as a survivor (not even mentioning SWF) you will see how difficult it is for the killer. They cant let dominant SWF groups with thousands and thousands of hours dictate the game at higher ranks. Get more hours in and you will see

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    This is bait
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603
    edited August 2018

I think my solution is that the killer should give you the exit gate to escape and 4k (repair is very difficult)

Obviously free when you start the trial.
    ah ye...
    and don't forget make a t-bag at the gate

Speaking very seriously.
    People that no knowledge the real status to the game and has 0 skills should not comment about balancing.

Post edited by pandorayr on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Nick said:
    I agree, killers absolutely dominate at low ranks. But when you get 1k+ hours as a survivor (not even mentioning SWF) you will see how difficult it is for the killer. They cant let dominant SWF groups with thousands and thousands of hours dictate the game at higher ranks. Get more hours in and you will see

SWF groups with experience already dictate the game. The only exception is an experienced nurse, thats the only chance a killer has against such a swf

• DaMostWanted786

To all of you who have been supportive and informative, thank you for taking your time and providing insightful tips and information. From what I've read, I should keep playing, since I have no logical grounds to talk about balancing issues at rank 24 and using only Jake. I'll keep playing, learn from matches, and remember my mistakes/useful techniques going forward.

This being my first sort of post on any forum, I wasn't really surprised by the sarcastic dimwits who shy away in real life and hide behind a mouse and keyboard, coming in here and just saying the most absurd things. Got quite a laugh out of em. That's what I get for having faith in the internet I guess.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Really bad bait...

• DaMostWanted786

@AlexAnarchy said:
    Really bad bait...

Wasn't my intention, changed it.

• Rtdib2
    Rtdib2 Member Posts: 22

Until you've been killer you don't know just how many pallets and windows there are in each map. Short story: there are a ton and a half. And have you ever been blinded with a flashlight? Ergo, that's more than enough to hinder any killer when the survivors know what they are doing.