Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How come killers know what perks your survivors have once the match starts on any system

Every match I'm in on Xbox one the killer targets me and no one else I have Ds or unbreakable equipped and they come right after me but when I don't have them one I am barely bothered so I'm trying to figure out how the killers know what perks I have equipped when there not supposed to

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

There's no way for them to know what perks you have. The best they can do is guess - perhaps they've come up against you in a previous match and remembered your build, but they can't know for sure from the start of the match. It's almost certainly just a coincidence. Confirmation bias (the idea that people naturally tend to remember facts or events more strongly if they support something the person already believes) might also play a part.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

If you have DS, chances are you start the match as the obsession. There is no way for a killer to tell what perks you're running unless you take no mither.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

We don't. but we do get used to seeing the same perks every match. It's not hard to figure out when the results screen shows that 3-4 survivors have Decisive Strike at the end of at least 80% of matches.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Silvernightwolf

It could be because of your Survivor, some Killers hate certain Survivors and target them more than others.

As said above, there's no way to preview a Survivors perk selection before and during the match, only when the match ends.