Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Getting BBQ

jamako
jamako Member Posts: 48

Hey guys, I want to get BBQ and Chili but I don't want to buy Bubba,

Is there any system behind when perks appear or is it completely random? Because if it is.. the chance of it appearing on the shrine is 3.3%... (there being 120 teachable perks and 4 slots in which it can appear)

Best Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Answer ✓

It's almost completely random - the only exceptions are that perks needed for challenges in the current Tome are guaranteed to appear in the Shrine at some point while the Rift is open, and no perk is supposed to appear in the Shrine two weeks in a row.

None of those apply to BBQ, so as far as this particular case is concerned, unfortunately it's totally up to RNG.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓

@jamako

If it's any consolation, BBQ & Chili has only shown up in the Shrine of Secrets 4 times, and with the more perks they add the higher those odds go unfortunately.

That still doesn't make the odds of it any better or worse, it just goes to show how often that perk shows up through RNG itself, which as you can see is not much. Some perks like Diversion (Adams Perk) have only shown up twice, while Buckle Up (Ashes Perk) has only shown up one time in it's entire release... I wish you the best of luck for it to show up, hopefully that'll be one of these weeks ahead.

here's the shrine of secrets archive if you're interested in looking up any other perks

Keep in mind that this won't increase the odds of a perk showing up, but it won't decrease them either... it's just there for you to review if you're curious about how many times a certain perk has shown up.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Shrines_of_Secrets_Archive#Shrine_Perk_Count