Rank Resets and their problems - and how to circumvent them

I bought the game recently on the free weekend, which so happened to come around a few weeks after a game-wide rank reset that put everybody back to Rank 20.
The main problem involved in this is that veteran and high-rank troll players have been getting matched with newer Killers who have had the game for less than a week - a lot of people have bought DBD since the Free Weekend, which is great, congratulations devs.
But if this is going to happen in the future, a rank reset right before another free weekend, or just rank resets in general, there needs to be a way for players to regulate who they play with by themselves.
The ability to see a Survivor's playtime and add-ons would be enough to allow a Killer to use a player-blacklisting system.
On three consecutive occasions I've had my game entered by a player with a rainbow-jacket Nea and a purple flashlight with extremely rare add-ons, who stuck around in the game to teabag and troll and do nothing but that.
The third time he entered my session, he added 'not' to his name as if it'd make a difference.
The only way that a Killer can choose to not play with players like this - trolls, vets, or both - is by leaving their own lobby and making another one, hoping that they don't get the same guy in their session again.

There's a mod that's neither whitelisted or blacklisted from this game, so apparently it can be used without consequence but it's still in a grey area. It allows the Killer to blacklist players from their sessions, and Survivors to avoid some Killer lobbies or not be grouped up with lobbies with a certain Survivor in it.
Also, respect to the developers of Dead By Daylight for not blacklisting that mod, I know you didn't like the blacklist/block feature that it had, but thank you for at least not making the mod bannable for being used.
But if you're going to do rank resets to put players back to Rank 20 where newer Killers would be, then this feature, the one this mod gives, should already have been implemented by now.
You also have Survivors who intentionally derank to troll or destroy newer Killers, just as much as you have Killers who intentionally derank to get insane points by obliterating newer survivors. But they both collide, which is where the problem lies, as legitimate Rank 20 Killers can be lobbied with Rank 1 skill-level Survivors who've been turned or intentionally deranked to Rank 20.
This ruins experiences for both sides.
Even worse is that there's Rank 20 Survivors who intentionally deranked or got unranked with the full meta/crutch perks - DS, DH/SB, SC etc - purple flashlights with rare add-ons, that can cause terrible experiences for Killers who may even be first-time players to the game. That'll drive people away from the game and reduce their interest in it to the point where they'd stop playing in general.

Having the ability to blacklist players from lobbies - preventing us from joining the lobbies of blacklisted killers and preventing blacklisted Survivors from joining Killer lobbies - would work out for any future rank resets.

If this isn't going to be implemented then control or regulate the rank resets to be different, such as reducing/increasing Survivor or Killer ranks to the baseline that they'd have depending on their perks and playtime. That way you won't have vets and trolls from Rank <5 in Rank 20 lobbies.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.