Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What do I do when the game glitches and the survivor who glitched and has no bloodpoints won't leave

Options

Information on what to would be nice because I don't want to lose my bloodpoints or get a DC penalty also messaged the person and they responded with hostility

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited March 2020
    Options

Well, assuming the EGC doesn't kill them, you have two choices in that scenario: wait them out, or leave yourself. One of you has to leave eventually, so you can either go AFK and wait for them to get bored and leave, or foot the penalty and move on to your next game. There isn't really a third option, since you can't report someone for not DCing.

Ordinarily, I would never condone disconnecting from a match, but a gamebreaking bug like this one when there is no possible way for the match to end without it is one of very few exceptions in my view.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020
    Options

@Death2364

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're asking, can you explain yourself a bit more so I can help?

What do you mean by "The Survivor who glitched and has no bloodpoints won't leave". If you mean when someone isn't dying from the EGC and the match never ends, it eventually will don't worry, it's just a bug that sometimes glitches out a player in-game. The EGC won't kill them, but eventually after a few minutes the match will end. The bug is also not that common, so it's not like you'll have to worry about it happening all the time.

• Death2364
    Death2364 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Game didn't end and I waited like an hour practically also the glitch was I could pick them up after they were unhooked the game wouldn't let me also they were a red tank complaining that I was toxic

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Well sometimes it lasts for a few minutes, since this isn't the first time this bug has appeared, but sometimes it lasts for a long time. Unfortunately the latter is what happened to you.

There isn't really much else you can do about this i'm afraid, if it happens again than the options Fibijean gave above is all you honestly have i'm afraid. The bug doesn't happen a lot, so it's not like this scenario would happen twice in one day. I myself have never come across this bug in this version of DBD, in past versions I did but only once.

Here's what I suggest you do though, you can report this to the bug report sub-forum and see if anyone else has made the same report before you do, if someone did make a report about this bug than be sure to up-vote it so it gets seen by BHVR and addressed. I wouldn't doubt it's already being addressed, but better safe than sorry! Unfortunately, this is all I can offer for advice. If it's any consolation, I'm sorry this happened to you in-game.

here's the link to the bug-report sub-forum

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs