The change in how ranking works only negatively affects new players

Judgement
Judgement Member Posts: 955
edited August 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is the entire reason why I created the post 'Another Ten Ranks', which I'll link in the end of this post.
I've been playing Dead By Daylight on PS4 since it came out for PSPlus holders and I'm telling you right now, it's blindingly obvious how bad being unable to derank below 15 is for newer players. If anything it's made literally no difference whatsoever.
The newbies who rush hooks and unhook the literal moment the Killer puts someone on the hook aren't around the 15-20 range anymore, they've gone beyond that. I've seen Rank 10 Survivors do this, and said Rank 10 Survivors don't even have all tier-3 perks, nor do they even have good perk synergies or know how to loop or escape Killers. They're even missing skill checks all over the place with nothing negatively affecting any of us.
And then there was the Rank Reset not too long ago that makes it even more troublesome.
This has also made it a haven for Killers who want to stomp noobs - I've had three matches around Rank 15 with Killers running the meta and even more powerful stuff;
1. A Trapper with a full store-bought cosmetic set, with maxed Ruin, BBQ and Chili, Bloody Coil, Iridescent Stone, killing Survivors fresh out of 20-15 ranks who don't even have two maxed perks and can't loop for their lives.
2. A Hag with Rusty Shackles and Mint Rag, having Make Your Choice, Devour Hope, Ruin, and Franklin's Demise, with the full 'spriggan' or whatever it's called cosmetics set, stomping everyone. There were Rank 9 Survivors who didn't know to crouch-walk away from the hook that the other one just pulled them off.
3. Huntress with Iridescent Heads and all the other stuff, sniping us from across the swamp map. Survivors at this rank - since the change to deranking - don't even know how to dodge hatchets.

But of course there's also newbie Killers around, and the problem exists on both sides;
1. Killers easy to juke.
2. Killers who don't know how to properly follow scratch marks.
3. Killers who aren't aware of pallets and their mechanics.
4. Killers who literally don't even know how to mindgame or break pallets.
5. Killers who don't even know how to use their own power.
6. Rage quits and disconnects galore.

All between Rank 15 and Rank 8.

I highly doubt this is what BHVR were expecting, in any way, shape, or form.
So I'd like to bring forward a solution.
Not just my 'Another Ten Ranks' suggestion (link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/12504/another-ten-ranks#latest)
For the entire month of August, for PSN only, all players who can be considered new - such as having owned the game only since August 7, or having not completed the tutorial or something - should be incapable of ranking above Rank 15, and capable of ranking down to Rank 20.
This would serve to separate new players from old players on PSN so you don't have Day One Killers stomping First Day Survivors in every single game.
This could eventually be integrated into the rest of the platforms - for a month or so after owning the game, or a certain amount of hours in the game, the ability to derank below 15 will be removed for said players.

I'd like to hear what the community and devs alike think about these ideas I've brought forward.

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Note: I have bumped 'Another Ten Ranks' in case the link fails to work, for ease of access.