We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Xbox Is Broken.

Options
WafflesInHD
WafflesInHD Member Posts: 1
edited March 2020 in Bug Reporting

Since December, during the Cursed Legacy chapter, the Xbox version of Dead By Daylight stopped working properly. That update required dedicated servers so matchmaking & gameplay would work. But Xbox players did NOT receive dedicated servers or optimizations so the game can operate. I am not asking for optimizations, I understand if cross play was ever implemented, console and pc users must all be on the same page. Why the doctor changes were so needed, and why Bill was added into the game. I am not asking for cross play either. What I request is dedicated servers for Xbox users. The game is so broken without them.

“No Network Connection”

”Error”

”Join Game Failure”

”Disconnected From Host”

”Party Creation Failure” (when i don’t even create parties)

And these issues are not, once a day, once every other day, or once every hour. It’s every single game. Every single lobby. Every single match. The error codes prompts up, kicks players out of a match, lags everyone out, making the game unbearable and impossible to play. This issue is happening to many users that play Dead By Daylight for Xbox, including myself.

This isn’t microsoft’s fault, or xbox technical problems, every other game I own worked fine, Grand Theft Auto 5, Resident Evil, Friday The 13th, Left 4 Dead, Call Of Duty, Roblox- every game with an online feature I play works absolutely perfect. And it’s not my internet, as I said prior, every game I play works fine except Dead By Daylight.

When dedicated servers were implemented for a week, a couple of weeks ago, I was finally able to complete a match without seeing one error screen. The whole week we had dedicated servers, the game was finally working, and not a single error screen or being kicked from a match. But then dedicated servers were removed. This proved within itself, the updates Xbox players have been getting since December require dedicated servers.

I know lots of people complain about dedicated servers and I understand you’re working hard to fix this issue. People complain about hit boxes from dedicated servers, which have always been an issue before, and lag, which has always been an issue prior too, people just like to complain.

But I don’t want to be seen as complaining. I adore this game and have invested so much money into it. It’s already March and nothing has been talked about or fixed. And xbox is such a small community, so our voices never get heard. I just want to enjoy your game.

I am going to upload a clip, In this clip is something i’ve deal with, within 30 mins of playing. The first half is in 2x speed, and then i finally find a match, get disconnected, and deal with issue again. This is for every match and lobby, unable to play the game, do tome and archive missions, or simply enjoy the game. I even had to get a refund on a premium pass because i was unable to play when i wanted to unlock more stuff for my characters. This ends my message.

Update: the file of a 2 minute clip, sped up cannot be uploaded because it’s “too big” I will be here if you want me to tweet or email the video of so many issues I’ve captured on my xbox daily.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• SecurityHoles
    SecurityHoles Member Posts: 2
    Options

Dedicated servers for Xbox are a must, I’ve made this report as well. The game is literally unplayable, 70% of the time your being disconnected from matches as killer and survivor. Behavior is sh*tty though so I’m not surprised they can’t implement dedicated servers to Xbox like they have PS4 and PC. Rookie sh*t behavior

• Rabbithatchet
    Rabbithatchet Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hey all,

I'm also on Xbox. I love this game and have bought all but 2 of the DLCs. Today it took me 2 hours to get into a single match because of unknown errors, unable to connect to host, No network connection, survivor disconnected while loading etc. I don't have the money to drop for a gaming PC. There's be so many more of us playing on Xbox if we could just connect. I don't even care about hit boxes or lag. I've accepted them like people have accepted the bethesda bugs. I just want to play. Halp.