Second Wind perk while asleep by Freddy

Options
captain_murphy
captain_murphy Member Posts: 102

I had already healed someone to meet the requirements for Second Wind.

Later, I was hooked and a teammate unhooked me. I was affected by my teammate's Borrowed Time and took one hit from Freddy, putting me to sleep.

When the 30 second Broken timer counted down, I woke up and my Deep Wound was Mended automatically, but I remained injured.

Based on the text of the status effect, I should have been healed from Injured to Healthy. If this is not a bug, then the description should be made more explicit.

0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

While the perk description does say that it heals you from injured to dying, I suspect that's an error on the part of whoever wrote the description, and functionally what the perk does is heal you one health state. It had nothing to do with you being asleep, but being afflicted by Deep Wound. Deep Wound is considered by the game to essentially be a separate health state in between Injured and Dying. So if you are in the Deep Wound state, anything that heals you automatically (Second Wind, Inner Strength, Adrenaline, etc.) will "heal" you one health state to Injured.

That's just an explanation for what happened though, not trying to dismiss your report. I do agree with you though that the perk description ought to be made more explicit in this case.

• captain_murphy
    captain_murphy Member Posts: 102
    Options

Whoops, I was wrote out the report title before watching the VOD and making sure I understood the sequence of events.

The title is definitely misleading, but my sequence of events are accurate.