Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Looking for recommendations for a good build when attempted "Evil Incarnate" with the Shape.

Suggestions for perks, add-ons, and map would be appreciated.

Answers

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

This achievement requires you to run the add-on Judith's Tombstone, and is best paired with Fragrant Tuft of Hair. So it doesn't mean you kill survivors using an Ebony Memento Mori. These add-ons increase the amount of evil required to get to tier III by 400%, so try your best to stay hidden. For perks, I recommend Corrupt Intervention, Enduring, and Spirit Fury. The only must need perk is PWYF. The tombstone makes you move slower, so you need PWYF to stop the debuff. Enduring and SF to catch up to Survivors faster, and Corrupt to slow down gens so you can get in your stalking before they do a lot of generators. Once you go near the Survivor, tap the attack button to start Killing them. The mori animation will play, and it will not deplete tokens of PWYF. Once you find your obsession, stalk them to keep ending the chase and stacking tokens. Keep doing this until you have 3 tokens. Now you can start killing everyone. A little bit of luck is involved as the hatch may always screw you over. Once you close it, if you see the last person opening a door, stand behind them and let them open it fully. As soon as they are done, attack and Kill them. For maps, I recommend open maps or small maps. Try to use perks that let you catch up to Survivors faster. There is always the possibility that one survivor will head into a locker and deny the achievement. It requires a lot of luck.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

@Trial_By_Scythe

If you're going for the Evil Incarnate achievement than you'll need a few perks, add-ons, and map offerings to get you on the path of completing this challenge.

first, add-ons

We'll get this one out of the way quickly. To be as blunt as possible, you can't complete this achievement without using Judith's Tombstone and Fragrant Tuft of Hair. That's what this whole achievement revolves around, using Judith's Tombstone and Fragrant Tuft of Hair to have an infinite Tier lll Myers mori'ing everyone on the map. Using Tombstone Piece will decrease your bar significantly, so that's why nobody uses it in this achievement challenge.

Even though Fragrant Tuft of Hair is an infinite Tier lll add-on, I believe Tombstone Piece still kicks you out of it regardless. Also, you need to kill every Survivor with Judith's Tombstones mori option. Killing them through normal means (like sacrificing) will not count towards the achievement, the achievement strictly asks that you kill them by your own hands with Evil Within Tier lll's optional mori.

second, perks

I'll make a list of what perks you should mainly use to help alleviate the debuff that Judith's Tombstone applies to your movement speed, these perks are versatile and solely used to manipulate and work around the debuff and the possibility of someone escaping through the hatch, so you shouldn't have that much of an issue when using these perks

• [Play With Your Food] - [The Shapes Perk] (Every time you chase your Obsession and let them escape, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 3 Tokens. Each Token increases your Movement speed by 3/4/5%. Each offensive action spends 1 Token.) The perk speaks for itself, you chase your obsession, stalk them to charge Evil Within, than intentionally leave the chase each time to gain stacks. You won't be pressing M1 until you're in Evil Within Tier lll anyways, which gives you a prompt you Kill any Survivor you come in close proximity to, so don't worry about losing stacks until you're doing this.
    • [Hex: No One Escapes Death] (Once the Exit Gates are powered, if there is a Dull Totem remaining on the Map, this Hex is applied to it. While Hex: No One Escapes Death is active, Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect and your Movement speed is increased by 2/3/4%.) For the most part you're not using this perk for the Exposed Status Effect, you're using it for the movement speed increase which should help you out even more with the movement speed debuff that Judith's Tombstone gives. Pretty simple, it's just for the movement speed if all Generators are active.
    • [Blood Warden] - [The Nightmares Perk] (Once per Trial, hooking a Survivor while Blood Warden is active calls upon The Entity to block both Exits for all Survivors for 30/40/60 seconds.) This perk is a last resort in-case a Survivor opens an Exit Gate while you're chasing someone. If there are two Survivors left and one opens the Exit Gate than you can down the Survivor you're chasing and gamble that the other Survivor goes and rescues them. Once they do this, you should have about 40-30 seconds left to mori both Survivors. It's not a 100% full-proof plan of course, since the time restraint doesn't help, but it's a last resort of a reason.
    • [Corrupt Intervention] - [The Plagues Perk] (3 Generators located farthest from you are blocked by The Entity for 80/100/120 seconds at the start of the Trial. Survivors cannot repair the Generators for the duration Corrupt Intervention is active.) This perk is just to stop any quick gen-rushing that might occur early on, that's about it. It's a must use in-case a team is aware of your intentions and immediately start gen-rushing you as a result.

optional perks you could use

This part is just to give you an idea on other perks you could use below. You can decide what you can swap out above, but i'll leave it in the personal description at the end anyways to help you out.

• [Whispers] (Sporadically hear The Entity's Whisper when standing within a 48/40/32 meters of a Survivor.) This perk is primarily going to be used to help you find the last remaining Survivor. If you decide to use this perk, than yse the Tier lll version. Using Tier l and Tier ll will make it harder to discern where the last Survivor is. Swap Blood Warden out for this perk if you can't decide which perk to drop in the main roster above. Blood Warden in-general is a gamble, so if you're confident that you'll kill 3 of the 4 Survivors before the Exit Gates are powered than you won't need Blood Warden.
    • [Monitor & Abuse] - [The Doctors Perk] (While in a Chase, your Terror Radius is increased by 8 meters. Otherwise, your Terror Radius is decreased by 8 meters and your Field of View is increased by 3/5/10. Field of View gains do not stack.) This perk was buffed to now give the 8 meter increase/reduction in any Tier, so using any Tier is fine. The FOV gain doesn't impact this build heavily, so don't worry about that if you don't want to spend time getting the perk to Tier lll. Swap Blood Warden out for this perk if you can't decide which perk to drop in the main roster above. Blood Warden in-general is a gamble, so if you're confident that you'll kill 3 of the 4 Survivors before the Exit Gates are powered than you won't need Blood Warden.
    • [Discordance] - [The Legions Perk] (Any time two or more Survivors are working on the same Generator, that Generator's Aura is highlighted in yellow for 8/10/12 seconds.) This perk will help you track any Generators that're being gen-rushed. It'll also help you find Survivors right off the bat in-game, so it's pretty handy when trying to find Survivors to stalk. You can swap Corrupt Intervention out for this perk, but it's not really recommended to do so. Instead, you should either swap Blood Warden or Hex: No One Escapes Death out for this perk, since NOEDs speed boost isn't massively needed, and Blood Warden wouldn't be useful if you're on-top of stopping Generators from being finished.
    • [Nemesis] - [The Oni's Perk] (A Survivor who blinds or stuns you using a Pallet or a Locker becomes your Obsession. Anytime a new Survivor becomes the Obsession, they are affected by the Oblivious Status Effect for 40/50/60 seconds and their Aura is revealed to you for 4 seconds.) Honestly, this perk could actually be more useful than Blood Warden, which makes me debate if I should've used this in the main perk slot above. The only downside to this perk is that you need to be stunned for the Obsession to shift to someone else, so using this perk will let you kill the Obsession WITHOUT worrying about the loss of gaining more PWYF tokens. For context, the Oblivious Status Effect masks your Terror Radius to the Survivor that became your new Obsession. This only applies to them and it can make it a lot easier to either sneak up and kill them later or break off from the chase and make them waste time running away.

last, the map

This part should be really simple, i'll list below the maps you should use when attempting this achievement/build, since they're the best for maximizing your chances of completing this challenge.

• [Gideon Meat Plant] - [The Game] (This is the number one map you should attempt this achievement/build on. It's small, easy to traverse, and the Generators are fairly close as well, so getting to them won't be an issue for the most part. The Gates spawn quite far from each other, but running into Survivors is quite easy due to the size of the map itself. Use the Offering "Jigsaw Piece" to get a Tremendously increased chance of getting this map. Using a map offering gives you a 100% chance of going to this map, other map offerings will make this chance go from 100% to 50%, depending on how many are burnt in the offering screen.)
    • [Lery's Memorial Institute] - [Treatment Theater] (This is your second option for maps to go on when attempting this achievement/build. The only downside is that the Generators can spawn quite far, so getting to them is a bit of a hassle if the Survivor team knows to do the middle ones first. Besides that, it gives you a lot of places to hide behind and stalk Survivors. It also gives you a lot of options to cut off Survivors and catch up to them. It's not the greatest place to do this challenge, since there's a lot of places to avoid being stalked, but it's the best in terms of hiding places. Use the Offering "Shattered Glasses" to get a Tremendously increased chance of getting this map. Using a map offering gives you a 100% chance of going to this map, other map offerings will make this chance go from 100% to 50%, depending on how many are burnt in the offering screen.)
    • [Grave of Glenvale] - [Dead Dawg Saloon] (You might as yourself, why would I use the newest map for this challenge? Well, this map isn't actually that big when you compare it to more common maps, and it's a pretty open map for where most of the Generators are, so it's a fairly good pick to use when stalking Survivors! You're not hitting them with your M1 attack, you're only killing them with the kill prompt in Tier lll, so it's not like you're going to be chasing anyone until you're in this state. Use the Offering "Dusty Noose" to get a Tremendously increased chance of getting this map. Once you have a full 3 stacks of PWYF, you should easily catch up to a Survivor and use the Killer prompt on them! If you decided to use the optional perk "Nemesis" than you shouldn't worry about killing the obsession.

conclusion

There are some other optional maps and perks you could use, but this is the best I can offer without covering anything. I don't really need to add every little bit of information anyways, should this should be more than enough information to help you out. Also, It took awhile to compile this comment for you, so I do hope it helps you out!

Stay safe out there, see you in the fog...

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

Add-ons: besides Judith's Tombstone, fragrant tuft of hair makes it much easier once you get to T3

Perks: mostly ones that offer extra speed. PWYF, Noed, stuff like that. also detection in case that last survivor is staying extra hidden. I'd recommend whispers for this. and lastly, Gen slowdown. Corrupt is probably the best, but you can switch this one out if you feel confident.

Map: the ones FireHazard listed above are definitely the best, and for all the reasons he listed.

also quick note, if someone DCs during the mori (which will count) see if you can mori their body again. happened to me and had one escape, still got it from the double mori.

• FireHazard

I don't think that last part actually happens anymore. If it does it's rare, since I haven't heard about that in awhile.

And yes, I forgot to mention that a DC does count towards the challenge. The only downside is that it sometimes it doesn't as well.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

When I got mine, I used:

For addons: Judith's Tombstone and Fragrant Tuft of Hair, which are essentially a necessary combo.

For perks: PWYF (non-negotiable, because Tombstone slows you down), Monitor & Abuse, Brutal Strength and (old) Ruin (I'd use Corrupt Intervention now instead).

I prefer Brutal Strength over Enduring, because once they realize what you're doing, they throw pallets early.

You can also use Ruin, Surveillance and Discordance. This would give you good information to rotate for maximum stalk potential and some slowdown, especially on smaller maps.

For maps, I did it on Swamp, because I didn't have much else. It's fairly open and you can stalk from the high ground. If I could, I would've gone to Gideon.

P.S. Map offerings don't grant a 100% chance of going to the chosen realm, when it's the only offering burnt. It's possible to be sent to a totally different realm, although it happens rarely. I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it's how it works anyway.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

The others have really good suggestions and stuff. Aside from the necessary add-ons (that were mentioned.) . Like permanent t3 (Judith's Tombstone and Fragrant Tuft of Hair,) at lower ranks this achievement was actually incredibly easy to do. The perks didn't really matter too much. So if you are trying and failing or deranking cause of it, don't stress out too much. Just keep on trying. You will get it eventually! Good luck to you! :)

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

PWYF is a must

The rest should consist of slowdown perks, ruin works specially well here because you can keep survivor off the gens just by stalking them

• FireHazard

I don't want to go too in-depth about why I didn't suggest Ruin (which I know is not why you recommended it), so i'll keep it as brief as I can below.

If a team is aware that Michael Myers is trying to charge his power than they'll start working on Generators while he works on charging his stalk meter, they'll be more prone to avoiding him and overall just avoid confrontation in-general. Simple put, if they know Myers has Ruin than they'll break it early OR work on Generators that're not in his vicinity, which effectively ruins the idea of kicking people off Generators to apply Ruin itself.

The main issue with using Ruin is that Myers needs to monitor his Generators but also stalk people for a decent length of time, so you either have to focus on one or the other, doing both would take too much time. Using Corrupt Intervention is a better alternative (in my opinion), since the perk just disables 3 Generators that most likely spawned near the Survivors at the start.