Match Server Lost

Options
Kelath
Kelath Member Posts: 5

Windows 10

The game drops to lobby with "Match Server Lost", which includes a nice little DC penalty. Well not so nice now, it's now up to 30 minutes and I'm sure that will increase further later today when I play and the game again drops me.

Play the game, don't do anything special.

Happens between the 1st and 6th game played.

**** WHAT HAPPENS:

Basically the game "freezes". I can still move my mouse to change my prospective, however everything else is frozen, whether it's me, me and someone else near by. The music still plays, heart-beat and all that. Then after 5-10 seconds the game drops to lobby with "Match Server Lost", generally at this point it shows that myself and the killer have disconnected like it was our choice. Twice when this happened, I couldn't even leave the lobby, if I clicked on the "exit" button I could hear the "click" sound, but nothing happened. I had to ALT-CTRL-DEL to close the game. So far it has happened I think 5 times in the past 3 days. The majority was on Saturday where I'd play, get the error, then do something else because of the DC penalty, then I'd play again. Played 3 times during the day, until I got the 15 minute penalty, then laid off until Sunday evening, happened again, another 15 minute penalty, laid off again until yesterday and it happened again 30 minute penalty.

It's bad enough that the game is crashing, because some of these games were really fun and we were basically at the end doing last minute rescue or running to escape and BAM disconnect and all the points gained from the game were lost. But then to have the DC penalty added on top of the game crashing is just extremely annoying because I know if the game continues to crash those penalities are just going to get worse especially without anyway to appeal them from the game crashing.

**** NOTES:

-There were no internet issues. I get notifications and I'm sure one of my kids would tell me when they also lose connection to their games. I utilize a wired high-speed connection.

-The computer has no issues and it's not under powered... 24 gigs of ram. i7 CPU (8 cores) [2.67ghz], NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 with an additional 4GB onboard ram.

-This is the ONLY game where I get disconnected from a server. The two other primary games I play Left 4 Dead 2 and 7 Days To Die maintain connection after hours of game play.

0 votes

Pending · Last Updated