Can't use PS4 controller on PC after Hotfix 3.6.1 (UPDATE: PROBLEM WAS FIXED)

Options
Nescau
Nescau Member Posts: 51
edited March 2020 in Bug Reporting

UPDATE: Today's (03/18) Mean Street Collection update fixed the problem. Topic can be closed now.

Summary:

When attempting to use Dualshock 4 on the Steam version of Dead By Daylight, the PS4 controller works on the menus but stops responding as soon as gameplay starts.

Description:

I use a software called DS4Windows in order to use Dualshock 4 (PS4 controller) on PC. The software emulates the Xbox 360 controller, making Dualshock 4 compatible with pretty much every modern PC game.

Before Hotfix 3.6.1, I was able to fully play Dead by Daylight using Dualshock 4.

After the Hotfix, the Dualshock 4 works normally on the games menus (Survivor/Killer Loadout, Shrine of Secrets, Cosmetic Store, Help/Tutorial menu etc), but it doesn't work during gameplay (both during a normal ranked match or controlling the character during tutorial). No matter what buttons I press on Dualshock 4, character can't move, can't attempt to escape the hook, can't interact with anything at all. After the Hotfix, the only way I can control my character is using mouse and keyboard.

Restarting Windows 7 or Steam didn't fix the problem. Unplugging Dualshock 4 then plugging it back also didn't help. Reinitializing DS4Windows did nothing as well. Note that DS4Windows is perfectly working in other Steam games I play (like Brawlhalla and Granblue Fantasy Versus). It also doesn't work without DS4Windows.

Steps to reproduction:

1 - Download, install, open and configure DS4Windows (free software).

2 - Connect Dualshock 4 to PC. DS4Windows should recognize it immediately.

3 - Start Dead by Daylight on Steam using Dualshock 4 to navigate the menus.

4 - Select "HELP AND TUTORIALS" on the Main Menu and start the "Survivor HOW TO PLAY" tutorial.

5 - After you dismiss the "Welcome to the Fog" message, Dualshock 4 will no longer respond and you will no longer be able to control the character.

Occurs on:

Steam version (Windows 7, using PS4 Controller with DS4Windows)

Post edited by Nescau on
0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,428
    Options

Closed as OP asked, it has been solved with the last update.

This discussion has been closed.