Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can't use PS4 controller on PC after Hotfix 3.6.1 (UPDATE: PROBLEM WAS FIXED)

Nescau
Nescau Member Posts: 51
edited March 2020 in Bug Reporting

UPDATE: Today's (03/18) Mean Street Collection update fixed the problem. Topic can be closed now.

Summary:

When attempting to use Dualshock 4 on the Steam version of Dead By Daylight, the PS4 controller works on the menus but stops responding as soon as gameplay starts.

Description:

I use a software called DS4Windows in order to use Dualshock 4 (PS4 controller) on PC. The software emulates the Xbox 360 controller, making Dualshock 4 compatible with pretty much every modern PC game.

Before Hotfix 3.6.1, I was able to fully play Dead by Daylight using Dualshock 4.

After the Hotfix, the Dualshock 4 works normally on the games menus (Survivor/Killer Loadout, Shrine of Secrets, Cosmetic Store, Help/Tutorial menu etc), but it doesn't work during gameplay (both during a normal ranked match or controlling the character during tutorial). No matter what buttons I press on Dualshock 4, character can't move, can't attempt to escape the hook, can't interact with anything at all. After the Hotfix, the only way I can control my character is using mouse and keyboard.

Restarting Windows 7 or Steam didn't fix the problem. Unplugging Dualshock 4 then plugging it back also didn't help. Reinitializing DS4Windows did nothing as well. Note that DS4Windows is perfectly working in other Steam games I play (like Brawlhalla and Granblue Fantasy Versus). It also doesn't work without DS4Windows.

Steps to reproduction:

1 - Download, install, open and configure DS4Windows (free software).

2 - Connect Dualshock 4 to PC. DS4Windows should recognize it immediately.

3 - Start Dead by Daylight on Steam using Dualshock 4 to navigate the menus.

4 - Select "HELP AND TUTORIALS" on the Main Menu and start the "Survivor HOW TO PLAY" tutorial.

5 - After you dismiss the "Welcome to the Fog" message, Dualshock 4 will no longer respond and you will no longer be able to control the character.

Occurs on:

Steam version (Windows 7, using PS4 Controller with DS4Windows)

Post edited by Nescau on
0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

Closed as OP asked, it has been solved with the last update.

This discussion has been closed.