Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Disconnection Penalty

Options
MyersIsPantless
MyersIsPantless Member Posts: 104
edited March 2020 in Ask the Community

My question is why don't you just remove the DC button but add a disconnection penalty? wouldn't it be easier if you just remove the button because people still DC, and people still kill themselves on first hook, I see no use in this.

Edit: thank you because you cleared things up for me but I’m just mad because I was in a game and I was glitching or lagging and then it kicked me from the game and acted like I dc’d so now it’s giving me a 30 minute penalty

Post edited by MyersIsPantless on

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

What would removing the button solve?

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    edited March 2020
    Options

There are still legitimate reasons to disconnect from the game, actual legitimate reasons that aren't related to anything happening ingame

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@MyersIsPantless

It's already been said above, but i'll go more in-depth with why this wouldn't really solve anything.

Removing the button wouldn't stop people from DCing, it would just make DCing A BIT harder and that's it. This means it's still pretty easy to leave a match, despite a button not being present to do so. Players will still die on the hook, or find other means to DC from a game... The removal of the "Leave Match" button doesn't really change anything i'm afraid, it just removes the "ease of access" to it, I guess.