Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Did they change DS?

If i missed my DS i used to be able to have a second try after being unhooked again, but that hasnt happened in a while. Is it one try now? even if you miss it?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    edited March 2020

@MissBehavingX

You never had a second chance in case you hit the space bar at the wrong spot, but you did - and still do - have it and if you didn't hit the space bar at all when the Skill Check appeared.

If you hit the space bar, missed the Skill Check and had a second chance, it might've been because of a bug.

But yeah, unfortunately, the Devs intend to make it so that you only have one chance per game.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@MissBehavingX

Deja Vu, I feel this was already asked before...

Anyways, the "second use" option for DS is still in effect, but missing or hitting the space-bar at all while it's active will use up the DS activation for the whole match. But you already know that from the answer above.

Basically, if you want to "save" DS, than don't hit the spacebar at all until you want to use it. If you do, and miss is, than you'll waste your one use for that match. This is how DS has always been though, it wasn't really changed with the nerf... the only change was WHEN you could use it under WHAT specific circumstances.

• FireHazard

Sometimes the perk does deactivate for some, but that's primarily a bug.

All in all, using the spacebar when missing the skill-check will de-activate DS for the entire trial afterwards. Ignoring it all together actually lets you use it for the next unhook, so you technically have 2 chances to use it.

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

@FireHazard @FichteHiro Thanks guys. It's weird i had always had a second chance if I missed it, but maybe it was just not registering.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

No problem, glad we could give you a satisfying answer to your question.