Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I need some feedback on my Legion revelation.

Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

After doing some thinking about Legion I believe I may have found the Legion meta and wanted some community feedback.

Legion's power is to quickly put pressure on survivors and force them to group up.

At the very start of a match when survivors spawn together Legion's goal is to hit at least 2-3 survivors with Feral Frenzy. This forces them to stop generators and mend at the very least. The importance of injuring so many survivors at the start means that Legion will have at least 2-3 shorter chases later since the health states are missing. Furthermore, if survivors heal then he can Frenzy again and cause more damage.

This is how Legion is meant to be played, not as a moon-walking, inescapable, vault ignoring teenager that tunnels one player into the core of the Earth. Legion is a pressure cooker that puts all survivors in danger as with just one health state each they have a lot less room for error in chases if they want to gen all generators done.

He even counters his biggest counter (splitting up) with his power since it's faster to have another survivor mend you and heal you than to self mend and self care. They encourage grouping up to recover and punish survivors if they aren't ready for the Frenzy. The stun after Frenzy (4-6 seconds?) even makes sense now since assuming your Frenzy was successful you just gave the survivors another 20 seconds EACH of mending. And if you miss your Frenzy Stab and fail the survivors earn a reward for stopping you from ripping their team apart.

This assumption/revelation is correct right? Or have I gone mad?

Best Answer

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

@Peasant

Pretty much yeah, Legion in-general wasn't the type of Killer that focused on 1 chase at a time, Legion is a multi-damage Killer that focuses on multiple targets BEFORE they ever chase someone into the Dying State.

Basically, Legion prioritizes damage over anything else, even when it comes to downing someone. This means if you're about to down someone, but they're near 3 Healthy Survivors, than naturally you should Feral Frenzy chain-stab the entire team and THAN re-chase and down someone after. Why? Because this makes the entire team heal in the process, which wastes a lot of time that they could be using to repair the Generators. This is why most Legions focus on chain-stabbing BEFORE they even down their first Survivor, it's to apply a lot of pressure that most Survivors fall for.

This is why I've never used Pre-Nerf Ruin or Corrupt Intervention on The Legion, this power concept alone is enough to create an "artificial Ruin/Corrupt" that automatically wastes a lot of the Survivor teams time. In short, healing against the Legion is good, but healing too much will waste A LOT of time. This is where Legion shines the most, most Survivors will heal themselves to get back into the healthy state, after awhile they'll stop healing all together because it takes too much time AND it's too easy to be put back into the Injured State afterwards.

By the time they realize this though, they've already wasted so much time healing beforehand... So either way, Legion reaps the benefits of both spectrum, since staying injured is a 1 hit down for The Legion, but healing constantly will waste more time than it's worth.

conclusion

This is how The Legion has always been used by Top-Tier Killers, they prioritize damage above ALL else, which actually benefits them in the long run when you look at it from a Legions perspective. This is why everyone hates The Legion, they hate how long it takes to heal AND how he doesn't automatically focus on downing someone in the first 30 seconds of the game.

But hey, he wasn't designed around that concept, or at least that isn't how most people use him now-a-days. If you do focus on one chase one down mechanics, than The Legions power is not being used as much as it should be to apply MORE pressure to the team.