Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

toolbox change

mdg2018
mdg2018 Member Posts: 153

can someone explain the tool box changes to me, because im concerned I'm using a purple tool box and while using you i counted and i used all of it in like 6 secs. Is that suppose to happen?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

@mdg2018

I'm just going to assume you mean the Engineer's Toolbox, since that toolbox is pretty quick in itself. The Engineer's Toolbox doesn't really have that many charges in-general, and the c/s (charge per second consumption rate) could consume these charges a lot faster than other toolboxes.

So yes, they're supposed to be that quick. They're supposed to be used tactically, that's why they don't last that long.

here's a quick rundown on the charge CONSUMPTION rate for the engineer's toolbox

It says on the DBD Wiki that the Engineer's toolbox takes 2 charges per second when repairing a Generator. An Engineer's toolbox has 16 charges, so taking 2 per second would only make it technically last for 8 total charges. 1 charge equals 1 second, so that's why the Engineer's toolbox only lasts for 8 total seconds of use (base-kit).

The idea behind this change is to use them tactically. The previous toolboxes would just focus on repairing without much consequence to it. Now, if you use a toolbox than you can use it right of the bat to repair a Generator quickly OR use it later to repair the late-game Generators.

here's a link to the DBD's Wiki on toolboxes if you're interested

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Toolboxes

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

@mdg2018

The Devs changed Toolboxes so that they have less charges (get used up quicker) but have an increased repair speed.

There are two purple Toolboxes:

• The Engineer's Toolbox, getting used up in ~16 seconds
    • Alex's Toolbox, getting used up in ~24 seconds.

So yeah, they get used up quite quickly, so you have to strategize and choose when to use them, kinda like BNP.