Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

matchmaking and being gen rushed as a killer?

bomb1720
bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

first of all has the new ranking system now in place for survivors? how does this help killers? how are killers ranked 16-20 gonna improve, when all we get most of the time are red and purple ranks mixed sometimes with a green? most games the gens are still getting rushed, i catch one survivor and only one gen is left. it's come to a point where i'll just stay away from them not to give them any points but how boring is that?

Best Answers

Answers

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    edited March 2020

new matchmaking system

The Devs are currently working on an MMR (matchmaking rating) system that will render the current one obsolete. This new system will not rely on the player's rank, but rather on their skill. Each Trial you play in, you'll gain or lose a certain amount of points.

• If you escape against a Killer with a higher rating than you, you get more points than against a Killer with a lower rating.
    • If you sacrifice Survivors with a higher rating than you, you'll get more points than Survivors with a lower rating.

gen speed

The gen speed has been quite a problem since the Ruin nerf, and there is sadly few you can do against it. Playing Killer is now heavily dependent on the Map and the Survivors you face, not necessarily on your skill. This makes the game unfun. Sometimes the gen rush is so intense that all 5 Gens get popped in 3 minutes.

The matchmaking issues cause really unenjoyable experiences, but hopefully the new MMR system addresses them.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

@FireHazard @FichteHiro

thanks for quick answers!

in a way i'm glad that they have not took place yet then. i actually thought the new toolboxes would have made a difference but they have'nt.

so i take it that the new servers have still not took place yet?