Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

clicking sounds in lobby?

bomb1720
bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

as a killer and the survivors pop up into lobby, i hear a clicking/tutting sound, does anybody else hear this? what is it for?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

@bomb1720

Can you record it?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "clicking/tutting" sound. It could be the Vulture that has been implemented (temporarily) with the in-game lobbies. But from what you said, it comes from when a Survivor or Killer arrives in the open lobby. So... it could just be a noise that was added with the arrival of Survivors and/or Killers in said lobby. Some things don't really have a reason to exist, it just does.

• bomb1720

@FireHazard

i'm on ps4 so wouldn't know how to record it and then put on my laptop? the sound sounds a bit like the fire but it's not, also maybe like a timer

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

upon further review from my initial post...

I misunderstood what you meant by "lobbies" and instead thought you meant the queue lobbies you wait in when a full team of Survivors join. This is more commonly referred to as the "Pre-Match Lobby".

But upon further review, I now see that you mean the general lobbies that both the Killers and Survivors have when not in queue. After listening to the noises for a bit, I came to the conclusion that it sounds more like crackling than clicking. This means only one thing, that it must be the fire off in the distance, that's the only thing that would make a similar sound to the one we hear in both the lobbies (For Killer and Survivor). It makes sense that it's the campfire since in the Survivor lobby you can hear it a lot more, since your Survivor is literally next to it in that lobby.

For the Killer, it's less audible since they're farther away, hence why it sounds like "clicking" or "tutting", it's actually the crackling of the distant fire. If by chance it's not that, than it must be something related to The Entity, since they make a similar sound when you're in the first/second stage of being sacrificed on the hook.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

It may be the campfire, but the other possibility, if it's a new sound, is that what you're hearing is the vulture in the new Chains of Hate-themed lobby. He occasionally squawks and makes pecking noises as part of his idle animation, and he's audible in all lobbies, I believe, even if you can't see him.

• FireHazard

I think he means the campfire, but at this point it could be anything... Since they didn't really give us a reference.

All they said was "it sounds like clicking/tutting" which could mean either of those statements that you and I have said. At this point, it's unknown if either of those things is what he's referring to. So... 🤔

• bomb1720

i did say it kinda sounds like the fire but it's not. i hear the fire and i also hear another sound which can also sound like some sort of timer or maybe someone typing in a slight rythem? idk

on the day i written post i had been hearing it a lot for at least a week maybe two, for some reason after the post i still hear it but not as much, very strange...and i am female not a he, haha!

• FireHazard

I'm surprised that anyone would try to decipher the "hidden meaning" behind ambient noises...

Well... more so confused rather than surprised.