The Legion: Deep Wound idea

Hello survivors, killers and dev's.

So recently I've bought myself The Legion; they look great, interesting lore and feel like actual killers during gameplay!

But there is just one thing I can't seem to wrap my head around, and that is his ability: frenzy. Well it's mostly the status effect Deep Wound to be exact. Correct me if I'm wrong but the point of his ability is to catch someone, use Frenzy, hit that person, locate others, hit them and then... let them run away? At least for the Deep Wound effect to apply because if you chase them it won't trigger.

So my issue is... that you somehow need to stop them from mending WHILE AT THE SAME TIME not being in a chase with them if you want them to bleed out?! How does that work??? Those two things cancel eachother out. It's as if to say that Mike Myers has to stalk people to get Evil Within BUT he can't stalk when there are survivors in his line of sight. Like.. THAT'S THE POINT. The most common answer I find on the internet is that the use of their ability is to get people in a state where they have to mend/heal, this means they can't work on a generator, and I get that. But you can't win a game that way, it basically just stalling. It's not like the match has a timer and if you are able to keep them away from generators long enough you win. So this use of their ability seems lacking.

I feel like how it's supposed to be is the following: you hit a survivor and inflict Deep Wound then the Deep Wound effect timer only goes down WHILE you're chasing that person. If this feels stupid, hear me out: you use frenzy, catch someone and inflict Deep Wound.. now you have to choose: do you chase after that person to bleed him out OR do you choose to switch targets; repeating the process. This way it becomes a decision: if you chase after the first hit you risk other survivors repairing generators, but you get a dying survivor in return - or you use it to zone a whole team away from a spot by hitting multiple of them and they have to guess who you're going after (like a shark inside a school of fish) - or you could use the first survivor as a frenzy stack to switch to another specific survivor (someone you've hooked before), hit that person with frenzy and down that survivor.

I think all these decisions add a lot of depth to their ability and could actually make The Legion viable again. If this would be conflicting with other killers/perks then simply keep Deep Wound as it is for the others, and give Frenzy a unique Legion status effect called Thinned Blood or something.

If you're still here; thank you for reading all the way and let me know what you think, because the current Legion is absolute nonsense.

(Or am I just doing something wrong here?)

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,100

I think you don't know what the old Legion exploit was...

What you suggested was the reason why Legion was changed in the first place, because you could exploit the chase mechanics by going backwards so that Survivor will go down with 0 counterplay, they would bleed out, you technicaly wasn't in a chase with them, even tho you were following them by going backwards.

If people want Legion to be good, they need to rework him at least on level of Doctor rework.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

That would be returning to Legion 1.0, which literally nobody liked.

• joerispekkie
    joerispekkie Member Posts: 27

Well they have to do SOMETHING. Because his current ability is flat out laughable; you actually are more impactful if you don't use the ability at all, except for maybe brief window/pallet vaults.

A well-coordinated level1 4-man survivor team is also almost impossible to counter as a killer, also most maps favour the survivors. So I kinda don't mind if there is also a killer who is strong against coordinated 4man SWF teams.

• plunder
    plunder Member Posts: 74

They should just revert it back to its original effect. Where when in deep wound you have let's say 60 seconds for example till the timer goes down and puts you dying state. The only way to pause timer is to start mending once you are forced to stop mending it continues ticking down. It gives the effect a that has a real consequence but not insanely oppressive since it requires a whole minute of the killers time for you to be effectively downed. It ends up working for both ways. Good survivors can still wastes a killers time with good looping for a whole minute for the team. Where as the killers can get a down or waste survivors time to mend or be put in a risky situation if they pressure correctly.

• joerispekkie
    joerispekkie Member Posts: 27

Exactly because in his current state good survivors simply bully the Legion into a ragequit

• plunder
    plunder Member Posts: 74

I even stated how it works both ways for both sides. They still get something out of my suggested change.