Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do people cleanse against a plague?

Viltzu
Viltzu Member Posts: 4

I mean yeah, she already has 1 pool corrupted, but why? What do people benefit from this? This really blew up after the buff.

Best Answer

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

It makes them less easily trackable and unable to be downed in one hit, especially if she has Corrupt Purge. Being broken against Plague is an absolute death sentence in certain situations. Never, ever cleansing is actually not the smart way to play against her.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Being 1 shot and easy to spot whenever she has Corrupt is a pretty big deal, however, whether removing this is worth giving her another 60 seconds of her power is pretty situational. On maps like Mothers Dwelling or Rotton Fields however, it's almost always worth it to cleanse on the corners of the map since a large part of the power would be wasted from just walking.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    edited March 2020

On the flip side, there's also the option of cleansing so much that all the Corrupted pools are cleansed. When every fountain is corrupted they all immediately purify and the Plague gains one shot of Corrupt Purge. The downside is you give the Plague Corrupt Purge, upside is you only give her that one, it's against her will, may be at a bad/inopportune time because of that, and deny her any way to recharge it until further cleansing occurs.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I usually still don't cleanse against Plague, but when i do is because i recognize she has the black incense addon and the player is able to use it nicely to apply pressure. 😉

Having all survivor visible for the whole duration of the game can be extremely powerful.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

@Viltzu

I only cleanse tactically, I don't cleanse where ever a fountain is available.

Why do I do this? Because cleansing at a fountain that's in the middle of the map is a great way for The Plague to get her "Super Vomit" power and instantly down anyone she comes across. I either cleanse at fountains that're extremely hard to get to, which also wastes time getting there, or when all the Generators are complete. In the case of the former, I cleanse when there's a few Generators left, not when 5 are still unfinished. This gives my teammates some time to complete the few remaining Generators while The Plague goes to the Corrupted Fountain that's in the corner of the map.

This is why you don't see The Plague immediately go to a Corrupt Fountain when it's available, they're either saving it OR it's too far to risk 1 or more Generators from being completed. I believe The Plague also has a default Corrupt Purge fountain in her base-kit now, so it really depends on the spawn of that fountain as well.

the point of my post above...

What i'm trying to say is that a lot of players don't cleanse so they can avoid giving The Plague a REALLY strong alternate power. That's why players like me try to cleanse when it's smart and not cleanse near a cluster of Generators that your team is trying to complete. Small things like that to avoid having multiple Survivors from being downed.

It's like The Oni's Blood Fury, just remove the mobility and add a string of vomit that injure anything it comes in contact with. In my opinion, ranged attacks can be a lot stronger than powers that have Insta-down capabilities... At least when used right.

• SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214

the plague never got us all infected until we did 2 gens. And if she did get us all 4 infected then we don’t cleanse because she is tall and easy to loop and have no power she basically an M1 killer.

HOWEVER, developers don’t care about people who know how to play their game, so they might nerf her because she is as bad as those inexperienced survivors who can’t loop M1 killers.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Remind me of prework freddy. I normally run incense with blood echo,thanatophia, dying light etc.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2020

Why would they buff her and than nerf her again out of the blue? They gave her a default Corrupt fountain because of the constant issue that no cleansing brought to the table. It doesn't matter if you're injured, you can still loop a killer for several minutes (if you're good at that sort of thing). Having a Corrupt fountain allows The Plague to think more tactically now, rather than infecting everyone in the map and eliminating the use of her power for 90% of the remaining match.

BHVR doesn't nerf Killers because "some Survivors are too inexperienced to loop an M1 Killer". I don't understand where that keeps coming from.