Skillcheck Rework Idea

Hey everyone! I had this idea that could help a bit with the gen speeds. Of course this relies a lot on RNG, and is not an immediate fix, but it'll help with living up skillchecks a bit!

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,100

I love this idea! Rewards players for hitting those Great Skillchecks, but now you risk the progress if you miss.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

No because people eventually get good at skillchecks

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

And??? I still every few matches miss a skill check by a tiny bit going for a great one.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I blame all my skill check misses on my low framerate.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Sorry, I dont like the change. Maybe it can be a killer perk that makes it, not a totem. But if a person hits a schillcheck, he cant be punished with gen regression. Imho.

• Lametart
    Lametart Member Posts: 118

they're only punished if they hit the red areas. It wont notify the killer, and 2% is easily regained by simply staying on the gen. The red areas are gonna be the same size as the great skillcheck area, so it shouldn't be much of an obstacle. It'll only regress if you miss a great skillcheck, or if you hit the skillcheck too late. So it would actually involve a bit more caution on the survivor's side. It won't be just "holding m1 and hitting the skillchecks" With this new skch people actually have to pay attention to which area of the skillcheck they're gonna hit.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I'd like it better as a killer perk. Especially if the 'Bad Zones' penalized the Healing Meter more.

• freddyisdeadagain
    freddyisdeadagain Member Posts: 15

I really like the idea, as it would encourage survivors to be more cautious and take more of their focus. The "bad" zones are easily circumvented if the survivors just want to be cautious, or they can try to be bold and go for the "great" zones. A simple but very clever idea all around.

• jules_bl
    jules_bl Member Posts: 3

I love that idea, but you know this too similar to ruin no way this is going through

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192

I'd prefer to modify Overcharge, when killer have Overcharge all gens have it from the beginning of the match and to dismiss it you have to hit that great skill check.

• Lametart
    Lametart Member Posts: 118

Its similar because it has a chance of regressing the gen, but in my idea the red zones are the same size as the great skillcheck instead of being the entire normal skillcheck. So it'll only regress if you choose to try and hit a great check and miss, or if you hit the end of the regular check. I was thinking that the red zones could be added as additional sections to the regular length of the og skillcheck bar so as not to reduce the size of the +0% skillcheck zone.