Key vs. Mori

2»

Comments

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Kiler main here, yeah, they are all stupid, at least keys require the survivors to do the gens.

To me, rework the ebony mori to work differently and make the keys work only on the person that brought them.

It's not fair when you as a killer sweat like hell for a match in which you could get more than a frag to get denien because they brought one key. The way I consider mori's not fair either, tunneling a survivor out with a mori is really #########.

They both need a rework

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I can agree with this, the most interesting and fun thing about this game is the opportunity and lucky breaks you can get with staying alive. With a killer having Ebony Mori, a lot of survivors don't get that opportunity to enjoy the round and lately, once I see a survivor die by Ebony, I check out of the match. I don't DC, but I go through the motions.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

In my exp moris are only a potential reaction most of the time when there is at least 1 key or more then 2 toolboxes in the lobby.

That's why i always ready up early without doing the "quickswitch mindgame". You would be suprised how many killers in high rank don't use moris in the first place when the survivors bring nothing in (we dont need it anyway) or at least some flashlights or medkits. Try it out. ;)

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Killers aren't stupidly weak. Theres no such thing as one side being weak in this game anymore. With how much bullshit goes on in this game, no side is weak. And Ebony Moris are actually really common. Devs removed the fact that moris granted a kill after getting down, no hooks. You just sound extremely biased.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I don't think keys should be removed. They are a great last hope item, especially in EGC. 90 percent of my EGC, the survivor has little to no chance unless I struggle to find hatch. Most of the time I know where it is before the 2nd to last is on the hook. I don't mind a key escape at this point. It's not a cheap item and they are barely covering the cost of it with escape points. If they had a pink or addons, they either lost value or broke even. No sweat off my back.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Yeah survivor que is like 20 minutes long because noone wants to play killer anymore. So idk maybe I'm against taking away the few fragile tools they have left.

If you have the time and an open mind I can go over a few pages of facts and videos to prove its heavily weighted to survivors

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142
    edited April 2020

In my opinion

Skeleton/dull keys are stronget than ebony mories ONLY if the team is of high skill. The killer is going to face against people who know how to gen rush and loop and the killer will have a hard time getting even 1 kill off before 3 gens are done.

Enony mories are stronger when up against a casual team. People who aren't great at looping against an experienced killer will have a hard time with an ebony and it would be almost impossible to escape.

In my opinion ebony moris should only work on death hook and keys should take time to open the hatch and only allow one person to escape.

• BangBang
    BangBang Member Posts: 154

Ebony Mori should be enabled only after 2 hooks.

Keys should be only available from the chest inside the match, and should not be bought back from the game so survivors can't carry them in.

Both are just too stupid and breaks the game unnecessarily.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Outcomes are different. Ebony ends the game early, usually before it had a chance to start. Keys end it late, usually when the match is ramping up. When I'm against a mori, I know not to become invested. When I'm against a key, I don't have an option to not be invested. Two different feelings.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

Moris really need an extra requirement of hooking everyone at least once to use it. This will stop people from just tunneling survivors off first hook with them at the very least.

Keys I'd love to see an opening time equivalent to the gates that resets if you let go.