Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Hook bugged and disabled my killer power and would not let survivor die

inferjus
inferjus Member Posts: 479
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting

I was playing Deathslinger. I hooked Kate and right after that I reloaded. The problem was reload would not work - it would just reset after 0.1s of animation. Spamming Ctrl would just repeat the thing. Kate was not lighted on yellow when hooked (hooks with survivors on them have yellow aura but this one had not any aura) and she was stuck in frame of screaming animation. I could reload gun after I hooked different person and they were not bugged on a hook. After I killed all survivors (except immortal Kate) I closed the hatch and waited for EGC to kill Kate. Unfortunately nothing happened and I was forced to leave the game by disconnecting from the match which resulted in DC penalty and no BP reward.

I was playing on PC if that's important.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• inferjus

Tomorrow I'll think how to upload the video I recorded.

• painbowslash
    painbowslash Member Posts: 1

I have experienced the exact same bug over the course of two games. Thrice yesterday, I played Wraith/Hillbilly, when I would intermittently encounter a bug where the survivor would not die on hook. Said survivor would permanently be in the struggle animation with the bar not going down over the course of the whole map, even after the endgame collapse occurred, leading to the game never ending.

I would also be unable to use my power (it resets after 0.1s of animation) and I could not perform any actions using SPACEBAR (vaulting/breaking pallets), except for picking up survivors. Strangely, this particular bug stops whenever I hook a survivor, allowing me to continue using power/vaulting/breaking pallets.

I asked the survivors for feedback on how they percieved the bug and I believe this applies to both survivors and killers during the match, as the "perma-struggle" survivor would lead to the hatch not spawning until all survivors have been killed/escaped. This led to a situation where the last survivor could not escape unless I let him complete all the gens, as the hatch would not spawn due to the game registering the "perma-struggle" survivor as still alive in game.

• inferjus

So that means it can happen to any killer.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited May 2020

I had the same today with Wraith on Lery's. I couldn't do anything except M1. No gen kicking, no pallet breaking, no cloaking. The other survivors were not able to unhook.

I also noticed heavy lagging during the game, although my ping was fine. Same like in the youtube video at 0:55 when you were kinda stuck at the basement stairs, teleporting back from the gen. That happened to me several times, also the timing of the uncloak until the bug appeared was laggy, resetting progress several times, then bingbong without any progress shown and then uncloaking with an empty uncloak bar disappearing.

@Venoxxie @painbowslash and everyone that follows, make sure to hit the upvote button so this gets attention. someone was missing it I think