Boil Over Buff/Rework

This perk is SO useless and a trash.
They should increase the obscure to see hooks within 10/15/20 meters or something like this.
Or they should change the effects of struggle with slowing the killer's movement by 6%/12%/18%.
Like agitation but reversed.

Comments

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603
    edited August 2018

ur idea not is good is unbalanced.

but I got a idea (rework)

You are a battler and do everything to escape a foe's grasp.
    Your struggling effects on the Killer are increased by 25/50/75 %.

You obscure the Killer's ability to see Hook Auras within 10/12/14 metres.

You can be free from the killer's grasp 2/3/4 seconds before.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845

Not every perk is meant to be meta. Boil over prevented me from taking someone to a hook by preventing me from going through a doorway. It has its uses, it’s just very situational.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Too many perks seem situational tho

• Weepeme
    Weepeme Member Posts: 56
    pandorayr said:

ur idea not is good is unbalanced.

but I got a idea (rework)

You are a battler and do everything to escape a foe's grasp.
    Your struggling effects on the Killer are increased by 25/50/75 %.

You obscure the Killer's ability to see Hook Auras within 10/12/14 metres.

You can be free from the killer's grasp 2/3/4 seconds before.

I like your idea but the devs would say that is too "op" cuz you can escape faster with some seconds before.
  • Denson381
    Denson381 Member Posts: 32
    It seems that killers try to defend the perk being balanced. It is terrible. It nearly never works. There is a hook everywhere around the map.
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Boil over works well enough. I've had killers not use a near by hook for one further off, stalled their forward progress by making them hit obstacles, and a lot of times all I need is a body block or distraction to wiggle or. I think that's a perfectly balanced perk as it relies on team play. 
  • azazer
    Boil over works well enough. I've had killers not use a near by hook for one further off, stalled their forward progress by making them hit obstacles, and a lot of times all I need is a body block or distraction to wiggle or. I think that's a perfectly balanced perk as it relies on team play. 
    Your suggestion is getting closer to DS in that a
  • Weepeme
    Weepeme Member Posts: 56
    Denson381 said:
    It seems that killers try to defend the perk being balanced. It is terrible. It nearly never works. There is a hook everywhere around the map.
    Too much hooks on the map...
  • Milo

@azazer said:

Boil Over almost a DS? HA. It would be a legit counter to Iron Grasp.
    Also how many times will someone actually body block for you in solo play?

• azazer
    Milo said:

@azazer said:

I said weepeme's suggestion is closer to DS, not as it is now. It's just a way to get free without having to rely on teamwork. 
    How often your solo team CHOOSES to helps you is inconsequential.  If you aren't working together you should be hanging from a hook.
  • Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited August 2018
    Weepeme said:
    This perk is SO useless and a trash.
    They should increase the obscure to see hooks within 10/15/20 meters or something like this.
    Or they should change the effects of struggle with slowing the killer's movement by 6%/12%/18%.
    Like agitation but reversed.
    Honestly they just either need to give an 8%-10% faster wiggle effect or have the hook auras disabled by 35 to 40 meters. It wouldn’t completely counter iron grasp because a survivor wiggling at 12% would be too much even though it’d balance out IG (and by that I mean negate its effects, not make IG more balanced).
  • Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

@GT_Legend2 said:
    Not every perk is meant to be meta. Boil over prevented me from taking someone to a hook by preventing me from going through a doorway. It has its uses, it’s just very situational.

neither are they ment to be useless, is just a useless perk at this point...

• Milo

@azazer said:
    Milo said:

@azazer said:

I said weepeme's suggestion is closer to DS, not as it is now. It's just a way to get free without having to rely on teamwork. 
    How often your solo team CHOOSES to helps you is inconsequential.  If you aren't working together you should be hanging from a hook.

You know how many times i was 99% wiggle?

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Milo said:

@azazer said:
    Milo said:

@azazer said:

You know how many times i was 99% wiggle?

How is being at 99% wiggle when you get hooked relevant?
    You either get off or you don’t. You aren’t owed an escape from the shoulder just because you were ‘so close’.
    There is a reason BHVR didn’t make Boil Over speed up wiggle progress. It’s already got two effects anyway - Killer’s swayed more when you wiggle and hook auras are hidden when close.
    We don’t need the ‘Holy Trinity’ to become the ‘Four Horsemen’.