Freddy is OP

While there are more powerful killers like hillbilly nurse or spirit freddy stands out because of how little skill required to win and how powerful he is. If you cant play freddy let me some it up if the survivor starts looping you press m2 and set a speed trap. Now dont worry cause this doesnt slow you down at all. Now just loop thiem and force a wasted pallet or them to run and likely get hit. his gameplay is braindead and his gen slowing skill is also probably only second to hillbilly(how actually takes skill) He needs a rework or a major nerf.

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Freddy is by no means overpowered,but i do agree that he's very easy to play and get good result as and very very boring to play against just like clown.

Wouldn't mind if they would change something so there's more skill involved on his part,but it's highly unlikely that he's going to receive major changes to his power any time soon anyway because there are way more killers currently that would need some buffs/reworks.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I thought a long time that freddys rework was nice, but after some time playing and vsing him became pretty stale and boring. Additionally i agree that he needs little skill to be played to his full potential, especially in comparison to killers like billy and nurse.

I would love to see a buff to snares and pallets with a slowdown while setting and some change to his dream world. I don't know if oblivious isn't too powerful for a passive effect.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

You got a fan right here. Keep it going!

PS: I can apply extreme pressure as Clown on any map. My perks are: Bloodhound, Iron Maiden, Unnerving Presence and Fire Up.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

The only thing I want changed with Freddy is to have an extra clock on the map. It’s such a pain in the butt to run across the entire map to wake up.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

What skill does ds require what skill does bt require all the best survivor perks require no skill flashlights are bugged out most of the time so they require no skill the only things that require any skill from survivors is looping and skill checks

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Almost no perk in the game requires skill except maybe whispers or dead hard.

Flashlight saves require preciscion and timing.I've seen soooo many failed flashlight saves because the survivor didn't have the right timing or angle.

Unfortunately almost everything a survivor can show his skill in is more or less related to chases.

• elvangulley

I respect great loopers and i can instantly tell a rank 1 red veteran from a 18 green but the flashlights im getting blinded looking down looking at walls from behind its ridiculous

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

His snare spam is really strong,too strong prob. He can stop loops without much of an effort,which i didn't notice before until I went against a p3 freddy who just snare spammed each loop.

• irageinforums
    irageinforums Member Posts: 19

yeah your right this game shouldnt take any skill.........

• elvangulley
    edited April 2020
  • BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Hes not OP, hes just mindless to play

• FInd survivor, drops snares and bloodlust them to death
    • hook
    • Pop a gen
    • repeat

its not fun or engaging

• jokerdude23_
    jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102

Freddy is fine how he is, very powerful but not OP at all, and IMO he isn't boring to go against either

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

^

• Tricks

Discordance + Nurses Calling + Whispers + Save the best for last + Freddy = <3

Just my personal preference. then again those perks on any killer = win.

Maybe it's just a case of git divided by gud = win (carry the qq)

• BigTimeGamer

Hes not OP, but he is EXTREMELY boring to play against.

He makes the riveting M1 gameplay take longer and can spam snares at pallets without risk which no other killer can do, thus rewarding bad players.

I don't know what the devs were thinking, but considering how long he took to be changed to begin with, i guess we are unfortunately stuck with him,

• BigTimeGamer

If you think being able to loop a pallet = an infinite then I must say you don't know what you're talking about and are simply ignorant of a killer who objectively has too little risk to his "playstyle"

• Tricks

To me Freddy just feels so much more natural to play than any other killer. I prefer pallet Freddy than Blood Snare Freddy but do extremely well on both. It doesn't feel like I've mastered anything. I dunno the label says "hard" but he feels easy. Hell of a lot easier than the stress fest you get with Nurse.

• mrmean
    mrmean Member Posts: 24

I normally play survivor...... but when I DO play killer...... I pick Fred. He's not necessarily op without the right mix if perks imo. His initial power set is solid but still has some blaring faults without skill support. My builld for him is freakin incredible. Lvl3 nurses calling, lvl3 devour hope, lvl3 SURVEILLANCE (this perk is PERFECT for fred and his gen teleport) and lvl3 rancor. My nightmare is an absolute nightmare. That all being said its still not impossible to win. As an often whiny survivor myself lol my best advice is to spend some time playing killer and you'll know exactly what to look out for. All the killers go to plays won't work and its usually fun to watch them flounder.

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230

Freddy isn't op hes just simple. The way this game has gone bE are making killers alot stronger in the chase game when it comes to loops because they're too lazy to actually fix the maps and gen speed. So instead they make killers insanely good at stopping loops, Thats what they been doing, If they fix the maps and gen speeds then yes freddy will probably need some form of nerf to dial him back but until then hes fine

• Haroharo05
    Haroharo05 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2020

Freddy isn't OP, he has what every killer should have or have more of. It's just that, well, his slow power is boring to play against. However, there's very little effort involved in what Freddy does, whereas other killers, say Wraith, who HAS to have Windstorm addons for map pressure and has to use his invisibilty and speed in invis to block pallets/vaults requires far more knowledge and skill, yet he's not even close to Freddy's strength.

It always amazes me how little actual balance goes into a lot of killers/survivors. I wish there were more adjustments like the Clown change from PTB, but the devs are too afraid to change anything.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The killer needs to have SKILL if he is to be strong! But stop crying about DS, it's totally fine!

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Wake Up.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

While i disagree that he is OP, I do think he is boring to play as but i don't want him nerfed either just a side grade mostly for his chase related power to be something else. His teleport should be left alone though, it's basically his main power cause his chase power requires survivors to be asleep and if they don't change his snares/fake pallets it's not that big of a deal he's fine, while he's not my favorite he works better than old freddy even though i think old freddy just needed more tweaks to make him good. I think they just streamlined him too much.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

I think the passive sleep timer needs increased. Unless you're working on a gen with another Survivor, there is no way to finish a gen without having to drop everything and run ALL the way across the map to wake up. He simply has WAY more in his base kit than any other Killer and other Killers actually have to strategize and counter for their hooks while being punished for missing their abilities. Not Freddy though, as someone else mentioned, you just snare spam the crap out of loops until Bloodlust triggers and BAM, easy hook. Teleport across the map, rinse, repeat. Mind-numbingly boring and easy to play...I'd take a P3-50 Spirit any day over a Freddy

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
  • Dpooly

@Maperson I don't think he is too OP, as I said, he just has WAY more in his base kit and no drawbacks with the passive sleep timer or slowdowns when using abilities. I understand each Killer is played differently, but everyone else has SOME sort of drawback when using their power. To the people that simply say, "Just wake up", it's not always that easy to do when he has essentially infinite map pressure, extreme loop counters and passively gets the Oblivious effect every 60 seconds. More Killers need to be buffed to somewhat his tier.

• Dpooly

@Maperson Not saying they should take those away, simply give him the same slowdown every other Killer has when using their abilities. Nothing major, just something similar to maybe (just an example, don't shoot me people) Plague charging Vile Purge or something and increasing the passive sleep timer to 80 seconds would be ideal, since it matches gen times (obviously without a toolbox/gen perks).

As for which Killers I would buff: Trapper, Legion, Nurse and Demogorgon. I know Trapper just got that slight QoL buff with resetting traps, but he should at least start with two traps. Nurse, while she is supposed to be tough to master but ultimately oppressive in good hands, could use some small improvements to her addons. Same can be said for Legion and Demogorgon. They did an amazing job with Doc's rework, though yes, he's still annoying to face, Killers are supposed to be oppressive powerhouses you should fear. Can't remember the last time I was actually hesitant to be chased by any of the above.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

Freddy isn't OP. If you disagree you're wrong. You will always be wrong.

Get good.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

And yet he's still beatable with a competent team, just like every other Killer.

• Dpooly
    edited June 2020

@Maperson Didn't they make Clown's Tonic more disorienting recently? Rarely see a Clown to really say for sure, but maybe slightly increasing base movement speed on both him and Bubba would change their campy playstyles. But that's also entirely up to who's playing them as well.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163

I feel like this is bait... You can't really think Trapper is OP? 😂

• Dpooly

Wow, what an insightful and productive addition to this thread. Honestly have a hard time taking anyone seriously when this is their only response. If you're actually taking time to respond, at least provide some insight. This is similar to a Killer that facecamps someone or a Survivor teabagging at the Exit Gate and then afterwards says 'gg ez' ...no #########, you didn't do anything but gawk and make a dumb comment.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Infinite amount of traps? Are you kidding me? He only has 8 and they are pre-generated across the map.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

The way the killers can injure survivors is way too op