The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Demmy needs a buff

I don't ask for a buff for any killer however this time around is a little different. I have started to become a demogorgan main on the killer side and I noticed that he has little reach and is slow despite the fact that the game says he is fast (in your dreams). Either his needs a longer reach or a bit of a speed boost. Not to mention, only one of his ultra rare addons is actually useful. The other you might as well take nurses calling.

Alot of demmy's addons revolve around using his portals, the problem is those portals are easily taken care of by survivors even with addons that are ment to slow that process down. I haven't even been able to find a build that holds well on all maps because his ability is, at best, average. His shred is easy to dodge as well (when I play survivor). This is the only time I'm going to be asking for a buff, because he is practically the only creature killer in the game which we need more off.

Comments

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    edited April 2020

Demo is 115 so yes, he is a fast Killer. Also, "he needs longer reach" when he already has a massive lunge via Shred? (note: yes, Shred is fairly easy to avoid at long range but not with good prediction)

Portals are fairly easily taken care of by Survivors but smart Portal placement combined with the fact that they're only cleanseable after you've used them once can help mitigate that.

Demmy is a fairly mid-tier Killer so I definitely wouldn't be against buffs but I don't think you're identifying much in the way of what's wrong with Demo. I think a reasonable avenue for buffs would be via the Addons, as while some are decent it's a little strange how Demo has no addons that reward successful Shred hits or things of that nature, and most of the addons involve extremely gimmicky shenanigans related to Portals. (Rat Liver being arguably Demo's single best addon is also pretty weird)

Aside from that, it's kinda difficult to tell where to buff Demo as it's a fairly balanced Killer. Honestly, it might be more of a "change the game around it, not this individual Killer" situation (as one example, Demo is incredible at using Hex perks, but ATM Hex perks could be a lot better), but maybe Demo could get the Killer Instinct revealing from Of The Abyss whenever it roars, instead of purely when charging a Shred? That, or they could lower the sound of Demo's reees/give addons that help make Demo quieter, or maybe grant a TR of 28 meters considering Demo already broadcasts its location naturally a lot through other means.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

Literally quoting because I saw "massive lunge" in your post and I never truly realized how long it was until I was doing the gen on the gallows today and Demo lunged from the saloon balcony and ALMOST MADE IT. Like... straight impressive tbh.

But also seconding that Demo could use some buffs in the form of noise nerfs. The fact that it's so easy to tell WHERE Demo is or is going or just was makes it easier to destroy portals or hide, so I agree that there should be some adjustments to sounds. I like that there is a noise for it like how there's noise for Spirit phasewalking, but at least with Spirit's, it's not easy to tell where she is until she's right there, and she can also be anywhere. Demo just goes from portal to portal, so if a survivor knows there's no nearby portal, the sound cues are less of a threat.

• XeroIdea
    XeroIdea Member Posts: 41

Yeah sorry I didnt give much in the way of details but that is why a thread was made, for additional imput. As for the terror radius being small I would say thats a fair buff. That and some addon changes would do him good too.