Can Anyone Explain What I Did Wrong Here?!

A Developer, A Killer main, A survivor main... can anyone logically explain why I am punished for capitalizing on all my opportunities?

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

This is the only video I use to complain about DS because I don't get hit with DS from tunneling in the first place. Sorry if other Killer's have given you bad experiences with tunneling but I clearly can tell that you don't have any actual feedback on the topic.

• Speshul_Kitten

So you're saying that I'm supposed to ignore Infectious Fright, let Jane happily get the unhook, pick up the other survivor all while I carry the one survivor to the hook. It's not like they made any mistakes here. Clearly it's not fair that I down them too quickly for making mistakes, god forbid I try to touch the Jane after hooking another survivor and downing two more.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

If you down 2 other people you shouldn't get hit that bs skilless second chance perk you clearly didnt tunnel

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

You can do whatever you want, it's your match and it's your strategy. However clearly the survivors you're going against are playing like potatoes compared to you in that match and I'm sure your goal is to get a lot of BP and to "please" the entity. So why not? Hell from the looks of the video, there was another hook not even like 15 meters away. You could've easily hooked the most recovered person and come back in time to down someone else before they had left the area.

I'm just telling you, there's no reason to complain because you grabbed someone who had DS still active and wasn't purposefully using it to take advantage of you. Peanits already covered strategically who you should've grabbed first.

• elvangulley

Just picking the perk is taking advantage its bs its punished him for being good he clearly didn't tunnel it rewarded survivor failure like all the other crutch perks they abuse

• Speshul_Kitten

If I pick up the Jane that absolutely should NOT be punishable. Yes I understand I could have picked up the other two survivors in case they had Unbreakable. But you know what, so what if they DID have Unbreakable? Then yeah I would accept that as fair because that's what Unbreakable is for.

If DS is supposed to be an anti-tunnel perk, then where does the ridiculous complaint you state come into play here?

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

If any person picks any perk, it's taking advantage. Would it have been taking advantage if Jane had run Calm Spirit too, countering his Infectious Fright? I've heard this same tiresome argument for NOED and Stridor and Old Ruin and any other perk that gives the other team the disadvantage. And that's every single perk in the game.

Yes, he was good enough (or the survivors were just bad enough) to all be downed at the same time. It's not his fault for the DS to pop off. Even if it did, I'm guaranteeing you he still probably got a 4k. ######### happens. The Jane didn't abuse anything by just having the perk, nor did she did anything toxic-like to make sure the killer did get DS. He bee-lined straight for her, she tried to run away as you can clearly see. She got downed just fast enough for DS to still be active.

• elvangulley

Any punishment is to much he outplayed the entire team he earned those 10 seconds he shouldn't be hit by an anti tunnel perk when he clearly didn't tunnel but entitled survivors think after first hook they should be left alone the rest of the game

• Speshul_Kitten

The power extension was that DS was used in a method it was NOT designed for. It was designed as an anti-tunnel perk. Nowhere in this video did I intentionally camp and/or tunnel the Jane.

You keep talking about bloodpoints but I already stated it isn't about the bloodpoints. It's not about how many gens are left, it's about a perk being used in a way that is extending it's original point of power in the first place.

Btw no I did not down the Jane right away, 5 seconds was enough for her to unhook the Nancy and for her to take a hit with BT to then pick up the Zarina.

• elvangulley

Didn't say jane was toxic but picking ds you know you are gonna get the bs to punish innocent killers

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Then the explanation you are looking for is you overextended yourself and got outplayed. But that’s not clear from your clip.

Again, I would have welcomed the outcome you seem to be upset with.

• Speshul_Kitten

Never said the game was won with 5 gens, by saying that you actually are assuming the survivors were terrible enough to not be able to learn from my gameplay.

1 gen or 5 gens left you have not made a logical point on why DS is punishable outside of the original idea it was designed for. You continue to point out X amount of gens as if that has anything to do with the topic.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 409

yeah what op did was wrong always go for 1st down but here's a common scenario you go back to the other two hook them up then get the jane boom DS and she rescue the other person who then goes rescue the other two why is that becuase its only been 30 seconds from the 60 time limit even though you clearly didnt tunnel and you played it safe. You are punished for being a good killer and captalising on survivors poor choices

Also before you say should of waited we have no indication on time with a survivor perk we are literally guessing every time if it safe to pick up and even then we got to keep in mind of unbreakable so that scenario is common

If you truly want it to be a anti tunnel perk and not a anti momentum perk then put the condtion that it deactivates when one of the following things happen:

killer hooks

someone else you do any action (healing,repair, hiding in locker etc)

or you are healed by teammate.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

If you're this early on in the game, I doubt you'd have had the time to 3 hook all the survivors anyways.

You getting hit by the DS would/should've been helpful if they then went for the save as it would then allow you to get more hooks, rather than 1-2 hooking everybody with 5 gens still up.

• Steel_Eyed

What’s funny is that, knowing these forums, this is probably all killers telling the OP they made a mistake 😂

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

DS was designed explicitly to be an anti-tunnel Perk and any scenario where it isn’t is an error in design that needs to be fixed.

• hippsies
    hippsies Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2020

Just make it to where DS activates when you become unhooked and expires in 60 seconds or if another survivor is hooked. That way there was clearly no tunneling and would help fix short and long game issues.

The only way the first survivor would get downed quickly again is if they try to abuse the perk and be cocky enough to just hang around after someone else was hooked.

• Demogordon_Ramsay

If you can’t admit DS was designed to be an anti-tunneling Perk but right now is far too available to use to be that, then yes, there is no discussion here.

”Anti-momentum” is just a euphemism for “Punishing the opponent for outplaying us too hard” and even someone like Almo would have enough of a brain to realize that’s godawful balancing. If that’s what BHVR intended DS to be, then they’re even less competent at making a video game than I thought.

• Steel_Eyed

I get the sentiment behind these ideas but think that is too easy to bypass. All of the condition cancel ideas I’ve heard and read are too easy to bypass the perk when the perk already ends in quick fashion.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Anti-momentum is exactly that. It's there to stop the other side from snowballing. Again the OP made a very clear and obvious mistake, yet none of you want to admit that. You'd rather point at a perk that has easy counter play and say "BROKEN".

The fact you defend this just proves how bias you are. You don't care about balance, you want free kills. Argue it all you want but that's the truth, especially when the OP could have VERY EASILY avoided DS by simply going to pick one of the other two downed survivors first. By the time he picks them up and hooks them, Jane's DS would be out and he could hook her too. That's a GG.

Of course killers can never make mistakes though right? It's always because the game is unfair and unbalanced that they lose right? Yep, never because the killer made a bad play, nope nope. DS is broken even though he could have picked up another survivor. He claims that he did that to get BBQ on the other two, but no I don't buy it. The other two were downed near the hook no less than 15 seconds ago. He could have EASILY found one of them and got the hook far away for BBQ on the other one.

HE MADE A MISTAKE. Just admit it. Stop denying it. Stop trying to paint the game's design as the problem. He messed up and paid for it. It's as simple as that.

Any time I get hit by DS it's either, 1) because I messed up and lost track of when the person was last hooked, or 2) because I knew they had DS and decided to eat it anyway because I could afford to. Know what I do if I can't afford to eat a DS? I SLUG THE SURVIVOR. Or go for a new target if the opportunity presents itself. Again this isn't rocket science. If you play like a bot you will get played like a bot. If you play with a little thought you can avoid DS very easily.

But go ahead, tell me how broken the perk is and explain to me what anti-tunneling is even though that's not actually what the perk is.

• Demogordon_Ramsay

You have just openly admitted that doing his job as a Killer extremely well was a mistake on his part. Beating his opponents, being better at the game than them, was an error of his ways according to you.

And you call us the biased ones.

• hippsies
    hippsies Member Posts: 22

I'd like to hear this one's bypass, not saying it wouldn't be. But you could go as far as to make the condition, after being unhooked it activates for 60 seconds and if another survivor is downed the timer loses 30 seconds and if another survivor is hooked, the timer is depleted. Multiple conditions giving ample time for the"tunneled"survivor to make distance whilst rewarding the killer for actually downing and hooking other survivors instead.

• thesuicidefox
    edited April 2020

LOL "doing his job as killer" does not mean making a dumb mistake like this. "Doing his job as killer" would have been picking up another survivor. He didn't beat anyone until the game is over. Like they say I DID NOT HER THE FAT LADY. Assuming you won before the actual end game results screen pops up is the perfect example of a player with too much ego. Let's apply this logic to other games....

We had 2 outs and 2 strikes, bottom of the ninth, we should have won. It's unfair he hit a grand slam and got 4 more points to win the game.

I put you in check 10 times in a row and you never put me in check once, but I lost because you took my queen and put me into checkmate in the same move? UNFAIR!

Ryu had a pixel of health left, I had 100% health. The game is broken when he can do 3 mixups in a row that I could have easily countered and a few grabs to take my health down to 0.

I had 2 X's in a row and was about to get a third X for the win, but then he put an O and blocked me which set up for him to get 3 O's on his next move, and even though I could have put an X to block it I put it here to be tactical, I totally shouldn't have lost that game.

Like you really can't be serious with this? Unbelievable.

EDIT: PS. I could make the EXACT SAME ARGUMENT about NOED. Here it goes... NOED is unfair because it punishes survivors for doing their job and finishing gens. It's unfair and broken and the counter play is unreasonable.

• thesuicidefox