The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rancor Issue on PC

Khroalthemadbomber
Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting

Running a full Obsession build on Ghostface. Both recovery add-ons. Perks were Nemesis, Furtive Chase, and Rancor all at rank 3 with Deadman's Switch at rank 2.

I had just finished killing the Object of Obsession which was in fact my Obsession, leaving two behind. The remaining to managed to get the last generator done. An Ace and a Nea.

I managed to slug the Nea and went after the Ace who was fully healed. He hit me with a pallet and became my Obsession with Nemesis. Rancor was showing on my tooltip that it was active.

The game did not treat him as Exposed when I hit him, and also did not allow me to Mori him when I had finally downed him.

This was not a case of "well the gens weren't done." No they had done them all and 99ed a door, but for whatever reason Rancor was not working properly.

0 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Khroalthemadbomber

So after a little finagling and talking to people, I think I figured out what the issue is.

When Nemesis was added to the game, I'm assuming code was never added to Rancor to search for a new Obsession if one was created after the last generator was popped.

It is worded on the perk that the Obsession does not need to be alive for Rancor to let you kill an Obsession, only that the final generator needs to pop. So hopefully this issue can get fixed in less than a year lol.

• Twenties20ka
    Twenties20ka Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 183

@Khroalthemadbomber Hello, you don't know, is the problem already fixed?

• Khroalthemadbomber

Not sure. It's kinda a finicky thing to test. You need a dead Obsession and then once the last generator gets powered, you need to get a new Obsession. Not something that generally happens ever match.