The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Keep having to validate my game?

So, I was in the middle of a match. It was my third or fourth match and all of a sudden I was booted out of the game saying that it failed to validate my game and something about anti-cheating? Like, I don't even know how to go about cheating, just btw lol, but it kicked me out of the game and then I got the penalty D/C thing.

SO, I dunno. I had to close out of the game and validate my game files. It was weird. And kinda annoying. Especially 'cause it was in the middle of a match. 8/

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• toastytoastie
    toastytoastie Member Posts: 3

Happened again today. After installing the nerw bug fixes it pooped itself while I was in the middle of the game saying that I was cheating.

This Anti Cheat thing is Garrrrbage.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    edited May 2020

Same thing happened to me just now. Error picked up some file called (DeadByDaylight\Content\Paks\pakchunk22-windowsnoeditor.pak), I've never messed with any file under WindowsNoEditor besides GameUserSettings, specifically to adjust my camera sensitivity. I assume the error is referring to the file DBDChunking.

Edit: Additionally, 4 files had to be replaced after validation.