How does disconnecting as killer affect the game negatively?

2»

Comments

• citron
    citron Member Posts: 78

you can use the dc penalty to your advantage as a killer main, when your sick of stabbing yourself in the crotch by continuously playing killer get your dc penalty up high enough that when you DC you get a 2 day ban.. that way you cant be a sadist until the ban is over.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

I understand your post and respect in but not having fun is a cause to change aspects of the game. Look at ruin. It was changes mostly due to survivors not having fun and because of that they DC. I understand it led to the game becoming more balanced but the point is why is survivors fun so much more important than killers? why do I have to sacrifice my fun and time to deal with 4 people who can be complete jerks. Please think of both way rather than one as most usually do.

• Sindel_Lover
    Sindel_Lover Member Posts: 53

Don't DC. Just go to the basement and have chill out like I do. Or hit up a corner of the map, and observe the scenery. I do this whenever the game matches my rank 16 self with a squad of red and green ranks.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

That is what the devs are looking at and mentioned that aspect with the ruin change. It was changed not just for survivors fun but balance. When they mentioned the fun part that was aimed at newer players as it only really affected those who couldn't hit skill checks, didn't know totem placements and of course console users who may have frame rate issues. Good players just powered through its affects.

Now due to the ruin change many map changes are coming and the change to gen speed with multiple people on them as it showed a bigger picture. It will be a long process but balance is never an easy quick fix.

Fun is subjective for either side and both sides use tactics deemed not fun by the other. The thing is when someone wants to win they will always use the tools available in any game.

You have to account for both sides fun and each change made to the game is done to increase the fun factor for the other. Think about all the chnages since DBD has been released to either side. Just because they didn't say the word fun for a side in the notes that doesn't mean it wasn't done to increase the fun for that side. We have to think outside the box and not look at it as being so literal with the wording but realise why changes are made.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
  • johnmwarner

Agreed, put a minimum time in too otherwise someone who wants to DC will instantly open the door 20 games in a row

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

You can't enter the archive/rift when the game is searching for a lobby.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

The same for me. Playing with a goal other than the game's really makes is a lot more fun.

• johnmwarner

Yup as killer lately I’ve been playing for BBQ four stacks, really only playing killer because you get more points and I’m trying to level some more survivors

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I hear ya, but not sure it's toxic just yet. I played 4 neas yesterday. All dressed the same. I knew it was going to be a tough match.

I could tell they had already been dodged when I got into lobby. Anywho, same kinda deal, Object and body block madness, running to every infinite, switching out midchase, so now I'm suddenly chasing healthy one.

I ended up getting one at the end by tunneling him down, he had a toolbox.

In the end, send them all ggs and compliment their skills. Was it fun, no not really. Did I know I was in for a challenge when I readied up, sure.

Would I call them toxic, no . They were good and did everything in their power to protect each other. I got hooks and made it challenging for them at least and got one killed.

Guess my point is not everything is toxic , maybe sweaty is a better word, but hell I'm a sweaty killer, and these games let you see how you stake up to the best in the game.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

The killer leaving is a minor inconvenience for me. If a survivor leaves though, then that is what I consider a really bad gameplay experience for me and for the other survivors that are left in the game. Unfortunately survivors can still leave the game early without penalty by klling themselves on the first hook, which I do see a lot of now.

My concern with this behaviour is what it does to the data that the dev's are reading, to see if the disconnection penalty is a success or not. Yes disconnections are probably going down by a lot but in its place seems to be another form of disconnection that will be hidden from the devs as an actual problem. Survivors killing themselves on the first hook is a major problem in my opinion.

• johnmwarner

Exactly, less DC but more “kills,” which isn’t good for accurate data.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

But no one is talking about that. We're talking about the actual trials. Not anything outside of that.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2020

You're welcome for literally saying what I was saying from the beginning. That a very small portion that do the things you listed. It's very sad to see you condoning being a baby.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Don't even try arguing, they're stuck up trying every little thing to try and prove a point but they're just making themselves out to be an idiot.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

They probably weren't trying to be toxic, but they were the 3rd 3/4 man in a row I'd gone against, and I'm not dealing with more bs while I'm already dealing with relearning nurse AND her many bugs.

A challenge is fine, if I want one. I'd rather play a fun game though. Idm if 1-2 people escape, what I don't like is starting a game and seeing crap like that, it just screams 'we don't care you're a person, we just want to make your day crap.'

I don't really mind toxicity, it's more things I have no control over, like god-loop abuse or OoO+swf I dislike.

• Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27

Pretty much. It's funny seeing people actually trying to justify rage quitting, and it's sad that they actually believe being a baby is justified.

• Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27

Neither side should DC. If you can't complete a game unless it goes your way, you probably shouldn't play at all and should definitely grow up a bit. My ideal gaming experience would be a match where I don't get camped or tunneled, and where my team mates work as an effective team and aren't sandbagging potatoes. When that doesn't happen I still roll with the punches because it is what it is, and I'm aware that I am not in total control of the matches I find. I go into matches HOPING I survive, not expecting it.

It's really not that hard to accept a loss and move on. I don't understand why some people have so much trouble being adults about a video game and learning to accept defeat, no matter how annoying it is. And at the end of the day, DCing is against the rules. Follow the rules and put on your big boy pants. (Btw I'm referring to people in general, not directing this towards you.)

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257

I don’t think anyone should be able to leave, killer or survivor. The one problem is trial and error is ok you learn, but when you have a ######### game, survivors can kill themselves on the hook while the killer can’t, it’s a problem survivor shouldn’t be able to kill themselves 40 seconds into a game a ruin every other players game

• bunnibeetea
    bunnibeetea Member Posts: 72

I'll try doing that actually. Now that's it been a few days of reading all these, I see how disconnecting sucks for both sides, and from now on I'll try to take breaks and just play those games through and through

• bunnibeetea
    bunnibeetea Member Posts: 72

I wanted to thank everyone who left feedback too, either positive or negative (I deserve it) and hopefully I can figure out how to manage my frustration instead of disconnecting. I know I'm a baby, but I need to figure out how to deal with it on my own to get better at the game, and I wasn't thinking of survivor queue times at higher rank. I'd be upset if a killer disconnected after I waited like 8 mins for a game

Thank you all for actually leaving comments on this discussion :)