The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hillbilly Chainsaw Idea

Hello I'm new on the forms but I've been playing against hillbilly a lot lately and was just astounded at the fact the can just constantly rev his chainsaw until he could hit you with it. Me and a few friends of mine came up with an idea and idk if anyone on here will agree but what if they gave his chainsaw a fuel gauge? In a way like huntress has to reload her hatchets, he would have to go refill his chain saw at the lockers. Revving his chainsaw would also use fuel and using it would too. This would make him have to be more conservative with his resources without affecting him as a killer. I just feel it would make things a little more challenging but that's my opinion what do you think?

Comments

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

If Billy could take turns without issue, i could see this idea as being ok. But Billy does not have Huntresses freedom of movement when he fully powers up his chainsaw. Even with addons, he can be a b*tch to turn and if a survivor just jukes to one side, that chainsaw is either missing or you hit an object, triggering a slight stun.

The reason Billy is allowed to rev, is that he has to pick his moment to full rev and rush forward. If you are looping him in circles or around pallets, he can't just spam it. So he'll hold half rev and wait for a moment where there aren't quite so many obstructions and not many circles for you to run him around.

I hope this explains a bit, though I am sure a Billy player can explain it better. :)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I think it'd be a pretty massive nerf as it'd hit him hard on map mobility.

Having to go to a Locker to refill just for that wastes time everytime it happens.

It can also lead to you not having fuel, or very little, once you do find someone, making people have to decide between 2 ultimatums: Don't sprint around and save fuel for taking one down, or use fuel for running around and restrict yourself to just your main weapon.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

This.

The only thing I would consider nerfing is instasaw as it removes the need for good predictions most of the time thus making it kinda easy mode. Then again... Even with any addon he can still be looped like a regular killer.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

He should be slowed down when revving like LF.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2020

he...is? He's 98% move speed when revving, IIRC.

Also this idea literally used to be a meme "balance" suggestion and now people are saying it for real.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

The reason he isn't is because Hillbilly goes at a higher speed with little control, while LF goes at a slower speed with more control.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

"the fact the can just constantly rev his chainsaw until he could hit you with it."

If he miss you gain distance to another pallet simple as that. What if there are no pallets? Well you should have thought about it before you were doing something in such place.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Pretty much this here. If his speed was lowered even more, he would be an utter nightmare to use. The one time I tried to play Billy outside of KYF silliness, I happened to get the Haddonfield map. That was a horrific match and I can't Imagine how awful it would have been if he was even slower when revving. Now put that speed decrease on red ranks with decent loopers and Billy is going to have a baaaad time.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited April 2020

You say this wouldn't affect him as a killer but it DEFINITELY would. Giving him a limit like this on his chainsaw would basically kill him. Feathering the chainsaw around loops is a skill that good Billy players will definitely catch you with if you're not paying attention. If you remove this from him what little chase and mindgame potential he has is now gone.