Overwhelming Presence Rework

Your presence alone instils great fear. Survivors within your Terror Radius suffer from inefficiency.

Affected Survivors action speeds (repair, heal, etc.) are decreased based how close they are in your terror radius.

32m = 10%

24m = 15%

16m = 25%

8m = 35%

(numbers can be tweaked)

Comments

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

I would have said just make the percentage for item usage penalty increased from 80/90/100% to 100/150/200%.

Don't see why it should function completely differently. Especially if it's another slowdown perk. Th slowdown mentality is one of the things killing the game.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

Too much design overlap with Coulrophobia IMO.

I would prefer keeping its current tool degredation idea, but instead granting a small durability decay for all items within your Terror Radius, either if Survivors are holding them or even if they're dropped on the ground. (let's say 0.5% total charges per second, so 200 total seconds within your TR would render an item useless)

Though, the Perk in general is a little outdated with the Toolbox changes, so perhaps if you were going to totally rework it, I would give it a timer that gets lower with Ranks (eg. 9/7/5 seconds) when, after a Survivor spends that much time within your Terror Radius, the Terror Radius will get louder and louder regardless of distance and will sound like the Killer is breathing down the Survivor's neck very quickly, and will only be negated once the Survivor leaves the Terror Radius for a few seconds. Throw on a TR buff like +8 meters and you get a Terror Radius increasing Perk that directly adddress some of the issues a big TR usually entails.

• OhHelloThere
    OhHelloThere Member Posts: 74

very good idea but i think 0,5% is not enough, currently big maps counter TR builds, but since they make the maps alot smaller now i think doctor is going to have a great time and even better since he got reworked, he might get as good as freddy

but the problem currently is that if someone sees you have that perk, they just wont use their items, very high counterplay..

• OhHelloThere
    OhHelloThere Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2020

I came up with this as some survivors literally sacrifice themself next to me for a gen, like cmon or they just continue the gen while im chasing their teammate like 10m away.

Also just not using your item completely counters it.

Flashlights are mostly affected by this, but why just not run Lightborn instead?

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

@OhHelloThere Well, an Emergency Medkit with Botany Knowledge allows a survivor to heal in like 6 seconds. So, if you get to a loop that is long and killer tries to Bloodlust it (because that's just how killers decide to play now, even though it's terrible and braindead) you can heal before they even get around to you on the second rotation. I know this because my friend has been using that combo for the past 2 weeks. It is really dirty. So satisfying to use vs the boring type of killer.

I'm still gonna prefer that the idea of yours be a seperate perk; since Overwhelming Presence has quite a useful place in this current era of DBD. Plus, i'm never gonna like the idea of a new slowdown perk since that's the last thing we need to be added. We already have enough of those perks in the game.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

so basically a nerf,this perk is not even that good,if anything it should need a buff

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

What I wouldn't mind is an additional modifier slowing down Exhaustion recovery inside the Terror Radius. But I agree with @Onyx_Blue