Now that infinites are fixed can we do something about camping?

Options
2»

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@Reborn2020

Yep, that's why every killer I see that plays in red rank camps. Not.

You are obviously not reading.... I said "IN THE RIGHT SITUATION" it can become a strat. But generally you are not going to get a 4k if you camp. Period.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2020
    Options

By straight camping you cant... but if killer is smart camper and know when to camp he s easily can get 4 kills .

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@Reborn2020

Right. Again, I am talking about straight up camping without ANY interest in winning. Simply just making it a horrible experience for that one player.

It needs to be fixed.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

It's the best perk in the game for solo survivors, hands down. My win rate as a survivor is so much higher when I run Kindred. And the games are 5-8 minutes if 2 survivors have it. Gens go so much faster when only one person goes for a save and 2 stay glued to gens individually. It also functions as a pseudo-Spine Chill because someone can see the killer start to walk in their direction from the hook. But nobody runs it because it's not a clear cut second chance.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

You HIGHLY overestimate survivor intelligence in a given face camp situation.....

I've seen it multiple times, theres an obvious face camp, 3 survivors rush the hook and proceed to get downed, NONE OF THEM HAVE BORROWED TIME!!! None of them decide to gen rush....its like magic... all of a sudden the gen rushing stops and is instead replaced by stupidity....

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198
    Options

That's not an exploit though, that's just people being dicks which is just the nature of the beast in online games.

An exploit is usually the result of using a flaw in the game itself to achieve something that the game doesn't intend or plan for you to do. The devs have clearly planned that people will camp, but they don't encourage it, resulting in the bloodpoint/rank punishment for doing so. Calling camping an exploit is equivalent to calling playing with comms an exploit. Neither are insanely game breaking, neither result in a constant success rate, and neither are preventable behavior.

At the end of the day, it is objectively a strategy. It is an annoying, stupid, and wildly unsuccessful strategy, but it's by no means an exploit.

• CommandoCreeper12345
    Options

Who’s to say that infinite’s were not a legitimate strategy? It only took 4 years to “fix” it, right?

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

That was not camping. He had a hook with 3 gens within spitting distance. Do you honestly expect him to ######### off to the other side of the map and let the survivors do their thing with no interruptions?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Sound in this game is still broken, matchmaking is broken, colors are broken (for colorblinds, at least), and these aren´t fixed yet either. It just means the devs can´t get their prioritys straight.

• CommandoCreeper12345
    Options

You’re completely right. Hopefully the devs can set their priorities straight and begin on fixing proxy and/or facecamping.

• THEFREAK420
    THEFREAK420 Member Posts: 138
    Options

Never gonna happen. Its not the killer's job to make sure you have fun. Their job is to kill you. Period.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253
    Options

Honestly bt is fine as it is. Ds now for me its just a little overpowered and i agree when camping is dealt with ds should be dealt with acordingly but bt is fine as it at least for now.

• sulaiman
    Options

I actually think matchmaking is the bigger problem. I, when i play killer, do resort to camping, when and because i am paired against players way above my skill level. If i play with players around my level (and you easily recoginize the difference in the game), i do neither camp nor tunnel, becuase i dont have to. I might still lose, but i dont have the feeling i am completly helpless the whole game. Thats why i think that the changes to the maps that are made might go a big step in the direction to fix camping, fixing matchmaking might be another one. Sure, some people will always camp, but a lot do because its the only thing they can do.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

This is something I posted some days ago. I'm kinda lazy to rewrite this so I just send the post. The only thing I accept is to just create anti-camping perks.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241
    Options

Lot's of ######### arguments here.

"I camp because people always Gen rush and map are broken"

Now that devs fixed both of these issues the argument turned into "just Gen rush" or "it's a legit strategy like in shooters"

Let's dismantle all your ######### arguments.

Played a match with friends and one random, we spawned in the shack with a Gen and the random spawned alone. While the three of us were working on the Gen the random got downed by Bubba, I saw with kindered that she was getting face camped so I told them to Gen rush and don't rescue her.

By the time we were working on the fourth Gen she was 10 seconds away from death and he came upstairs.

No, Gen rushing doesn't work and any idiot telling you it does is lying.

Second, the "legit strategy" argument, in shooters a camper can be dealt with in many different ways, throwing a bomb, coming from a different angle, etc.

Here, camping with Bubba has no drawbacks, especially if they secured a hook early like with us.

Repeat after me, camping with Bubba is broken and with the new Gen speed nerf it will be an easy 4k for them every match.

• sulaiman
    Options

you can repeat it all you like, you are still wrong.

Tell me how many kills that bubba got in the end, and rememer that due to the devs 2k 2escapes are a balanced game.

• Brhoom
    edited April 2020
    Options

3k and if he had blood warden it would have been an easy 4k

• sulaiman
    Options

so, bubba found one survivor, chased him, downed him, brought im into the basement, camped him for 110 seconds, found a second one, chased him, downed him, and only 3 gens done (which take 80 seconds for 3 survivor to do, leaving 30 seconds while camping + time for the chase). If you worked with 3 on the 4th gens, he takes about 40 seconds, as long as noone has a toolbox or proof theyself to speed it up. Why wasnt the 4th gen already done?

How long did he take to get the second survivor? If he camped him too, the 3k was totally your fault. if he didnt, 3 ppl still unhooked should be able to do 1 gen, especially if they had time to select the last 3 gens because the killer applied no pressure.

so, you say someone telling you gen rush counters camping is an idiot? And its a 4k all the time? sorry, i just think you have no clue.

• Brhoom
    Options

You do know there is time to go from one Gen to another? Also we were on our 4th Gen and he found us so we separated and he decided to slug one of us and chase the other, that caused pressure.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

If the killer is a "smart" camper and you fell for it then thats on you. Thatd be the equivalent of telling a victim survivor that if he loops a killer for too long cause he played well, he should lose a health state for it.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2020
    Options

Its not about falling for that. If you down someone early and hook then use perks that give away survivors locations its really easy to kill everyone.

Post edited by Reborn2020 on