Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it hostaging the game?

Raulillo
Raulillo Member Posts: 179

If after both gates are open and survivors are not doing any objective, just fast vaulting or making notifications.

Is it considered hostage if they stay until the last second of that timer?

It's happening to me a lot lately so I want to be sure.

Best Answer

Answers

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

No, it's not. EGC would be active and the timer running. The game would end within a sure time frame without any way for either side to avoid it barring exploits. The EGC functionality was implemented exactly to deny hostage situations. Therefore, when it's active the game is not hostage by definition.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 886
    edited April 2020

As others have said, no, it's not. The reason they are making vaulting noises, and stuff, is to get you to come over to them and chase them out, for the extra blood points. They might even give you extra hits to give you extra BP's too. It's just about sucking every last BP out of a match. Personally I'd rather just move on to the next match, but some people like to milk everything they can out of each match.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

I love when the last survivor fast vaults near the hatch to get my attention. I just stay put and put my traps down over and over again for the points

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

If only other Killers could do that though, except Hag and Demogorgon sometimes.

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179

There are a lot of killers that can get BP like billy running around, legion doing frenzy, plague spitting on objects. The sad thing is not all killers have something to do while survivors just stay in the gates.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

That's true, but most Killers will just drive them away to finish the match anyways... Unless they really care about the BPs.

Either way, I was speaking generally and not specifically about Trapper, Hag, Billy, Legion, or Plague. Plague offers very little, and Legion requires a full recharge to gain a small bit as well. As for the rest, they have no limits to "farming deviousness points", so its something that I excluded for a reason.